Schwan's Silver Division

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which team wins the Silver Division

Lakeville South
24%
Stillwater
2%
Breck
51%
Apple Valley
No votes
Bemidji
10%
Forest Lake
10%
Roseville
2%
Blake
No votes

Total votes: 41

WHAFightingSaints

Schwan's Silver Division

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

Schwan’s Silver Division Schedule 12/26 Schwan’s Super Rink-4

Lakeville South vs. Stillwater 12:30
Breck vs. Apple Valley 3:00
Bemidji vs. Forest Lake 5:30
Roseville vs. Blake 8:00

Can Kloos lead LS to the top, Ponies unbeaten so far, althougfh they face Minnetonka in a tune up, Breck, a Top A team should handle themselves very well against the bigger schools, Apple Valley having a decent year despite the early departures, Bemidji always a tough matchup, Rangers bring an explosive first line to Blaine, Roseville once again playing stingy defense, Blake the othe A school has won the opener against Roseville the past two years, once in OT and the other in a shootout.

Who will bring home the big trophy?
Last edited by WHAFightingSaints on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Uh, the only team that that would have had a chance to win 2 plus games in the GOLD division this year......BRECK

They really need to stop deciding who gets into the gold division based so much on the previous years results. Breck should probably have been in it this year as well as two years ago and NOT been in it last year as it was a down year after graduating 15 seniors. Just like Holy Angels has no business being there this year.
WHAFightingSaints

I would agree that Breck should be and probably is the favorite coming in, however, they have yet to play a AA opponent and I believe they will be tested against some middle of the road AA opponents who play a physical grinding style that Breck hasn't played against night in and night out like some of these teams do.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:I would agree that Breck should be and probably is the favorite coming in, however, they have yet to play a AA opponent and I believe they will be tested against some middle of the road AA opponents who play a physical grinding style that Breck hasn't played against night in and night out like some of these teams do.
True, but they did win 4 or 5 scrimmages in Moorhead as well as beating Minnetonka twice this summer.. It all comes down to how many goals they give up becasue they will score 5 or more per game.
WHAFightingSaints

Goldy23 wrote:
WHAFightingSaints wrote:I would agree that Breck should be and probably is the favorite coming in, however, they have yet to play a AA opponent and I believe they will be tested against some middle of the road AA opponents who play a physical grinding style that Breck hasn't played against night in and night out like some of these teams do.
True, but they did win 4 or 5 scrimmages in Moorhead as well as beating Minnetonka twice this summer.. It all comes down to how many goals they give up becasue they will score 5 or more per game.
I'm not saying that Breck won't win, but I'm going to say they will average under 5 goals per game during the tournament.
WHAFightingSaints

After Lakeville South's offensive show against White Bear a Lakeville South/Breck semi could be a wild one if they they both win in the quarters
WHAFightingSaints

Final in Game 1 of the Quartefinals

Lakeville 6
Stillwater 3
WHAFightingSaints

Final

Breck 6
Apple Valley 2
WHAFightingSaints

Forest Lake 6
Bemidji 1
Final
WHAFightingSaints

Final
Roseville 3
Blake 0
WHAFightingSaints

Tuesday’s Schedule at Schwan's Super Rink (#4) Blaine, MN

Consolation Semi’s
Stillwater vs. Apple Valley 12:30
Bemidji vs. Blake 3:00

Semifinal’s
Lakeville South vs. Breck 5:30
Roseville vs. Forest Lake 8:00
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:Tuesday’s Schedule at Schwan's Super Rink (#4) Blaine, MN

Consolation Semi’s
Stillwater vs. Apple Valley 12:30
Bemidji vs. Blake 3:00

Semifinal’s
Lakeville South vs. Breck 5:30
Roseville vs. Forest Lake 8:00
Looks like the Silver winner will probalby be the winner of this high scoring game. Should be fun game to watch.
WHAFightingSaints

Consolation Semi's

Final
Apple Valley 4
Stillwater 1
WHAFightingSaints

Consolation Semi's
Bemidji 6
Blake 2
Final
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

South will have a tough time sticking with the Mustangs. Under perfect circumstances they would be the underdog and they have a few guys not feeling very well. Breck has a very nice team.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

keepyourheadup wrote:South will have a tough time sticking with the Mustangs. Under perfect circumstances they would be the underdog and they have a few guys not feeling very well. Breck has a very nice team.
How do you know they have a few guys not feeling very well? Who?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Regardless, should be a good game. This game should be the championship, no offense to Roseville or FL.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

from what I hear Kloos has been pretty ill as of late and almost didn't play yesterday. He wasn't out there much in the 3rd after the game was in hand.. hopefully he is feeling better today because they will need him to get passed a good Breck team
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

he should be in bed
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

RickyTicky wrote:from what I hear Kloos has been pretty ill as of late and almost didn't play yesterday. He wasn't out there much in the 3rd after the game was in hand.. hopefully he is feeling better today because they will need him to get passed a good Breck team
Not good. Breck is solid. Really interested to see how this game goes. Hopefully for LS, Kloos can go.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Breck up 2-1 after 1st.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

3-1 Breck after 2nd.
WHAFightingSaints

Semi
Breck 6
Lakeville South 4
Final
Last edited by WHAFightingSaints on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

Fun game to watch

South got down 5-1 early in the 3rd and the battled back to make it 5-4 with 5 min to go. But Breck tapped in an empty netter to end it..

Breck-6
LS-4

Final

Shots were 26-23 in favor of South
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

IMO South was the better team tonight 5 on 5. Gave up 4 straight pp goals to Breck and I believe the only two they killed were when Breck took a penalty to make it 4 on 4. The first two goals for Breck were quite weak and their goalie, Kennedy, played outstanding in the 2nd period. I thought South was the better team tonight, and unfortunately could not finish an outstanding comeback.