St Cloud Cathedral(7-2)@ Holy Family Catholic(7-3)1-3-12 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Crusaders
56%
Fire
44%

Total votes: 9

HShockeywatcher

St Cloud Cathedral(7-2)@ Holy Family Catholic(7-3)1-3-12 7pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Cathedral has allowed 1 goal in their last four games, the last 3 being shut outs, but is that going to be enough to controal Shane Gersich and company? HFC has 59 goals and Shane has 31 points thus far.

PageStat2 has both teams with the same rating of 18.62 going into this game. Should be a great game.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

I like Cathedral to win 5-2.

Holy Family has not played anyone yet. I think they will struggle.
Puck76

Post by Puck76 »

Cathedral's first line has had a few games together to get some chemistry now after having various members out for 4 games. They do an excellent job on defense in addition to their offense. This line has not been scored on much this year ( twice?). It will be an interesting match between the Cathedral sophomores and the Holy Family freshmen on their first lines. Cathedral by 2.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Hscout000 wrote:I like Cathedral to win 5-2.

Holy Family has not played anyone yet. I think they will struggle.
I think the 10 opponents they've had would take offense to that :wink:

They played Roseau, Rochester Lourdes and Totino-Grace, which are 24, 33 and 41 respectively on PageStat.

Cathedral, on the other hand, has played Breck, Lourdes, Delano and Little Falls, which are 7, 33, 51 and 54 respectively.

So, if by "played anyone" you mean they haven't "gotten killed by Breck," you are right, but they are similarly prepared.
Yakunin

Post by Yakunin »

Holy Family beats St. Cloud Cathedral 4-1 tonight. This game was dominated by the fire from the start. HF outshots St. Cloud 51-20 for the game. This Young Fire team is very good. They showed that tonight against a very good St. Cloud Team.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Sounds like a good old fashioned butt-kicking. When will this great Cathedral team that I keep hearing about show up?
Puck76

Post by Puck76 »

Holy Family positioned well to stop the pass, Cathedral did not adjust their game until too late. Two early errant passes in front of net put Holy Family up by two in first couple of minutes, open netter at end, 45 minutes of 1-1 hockey in the middle. Shot totals suffer from home ice scoring to some extent. Holy Family played a good game. Cathedral looked rusty from two weeks off.
Yakunin

Post by Yakunin »

The problem is games are 51 minutes long. Any team that plays only for 45 mins will never win a game at any level. Alot of things can happen in 6 mins as St. Cloud found out tonight especially early on. Play was in the St.Cloud end most of the night so to see the shots where they ended up is not surprising.
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

it's frustrating cathedral consistantly struggles against good teams/ranked teams. year in and year out they get placed higher on polls than they should be because 3/4 of their schedule is very weak.