AHA @ Edina 1-5-2012 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Stars
30%
Hornets
70%

Total votes: 10

shotpassskate

AHA @ Edina 1-5-2012 7pm

Post by shotpassskate »

AHA vs. Edina a Section 2AA showdown, well maybe.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Edina by 10.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Final: 6-2 Edina.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

old goalie85 wrote:Edina by 10.
??????????????????????????????????????
dirtydangles17

Post by dirtydangles17 »

the reffing was absolutely terrible. There were three or four ridiculous check from behinds thrown by Edina, a headlock and take down by edina, and lastly pinning a Holy Angels player to the ice as the game ended and punching the back of his head!!! None of this was called!!! you would think that after what just happened to Jabs that they would be calling checks from behind for sure, and also any sort of cheap shot.

After a check from behind a Holy Angels defencemen gets called for the slightest little slash, right after a obvious check from behind.

The game would of been 4-2 edina at most if it wasn't for terrible reffing.

I am disgusted that teams get away with this PLEASE BAN ME after someone is paralyzed.
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

dirtydangles17 wrote:the reffing was absolutely terrible. There were three or four ridiculous check from behinds thrown by Edina, a headlock and take down by edina, and lastly pinning a Holy Angels player to the ice as the game ended and punching the back of his head!!! None of this was called!!! you would think that after what just happened to Jabs that they would be calling checks from behind for sure, and also any sort of cheap shot.

After a check from behind a Holy Angels defencemen gets called for the slightest little slash, right after a obvious check from behind.

I am disgusted that teams get away with this PLEASE BAN ME after someone is paralyzed.
Explain to me how this isn't a penalty
http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/edina-add ... r-sports-4
The best, period
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:
dirtydangles17 wrote:the reffing was absolutely terrible. There were three or four ridiculous check from behinds thrown by Edina, a headlock and take down by edina, and lastly pinning a Holy Angels player to the ice as the game ended and punching the back of his head!!! None of this was called!!! you would think that after what just happened to Jabs that they would be calling checks from behind for sure, and also any sort of cheap shot.

Oh, I didn't think the flop by the AHA d-man was that blatant of a dive. :wink:
skipperswag13

Post by skipperswag13 »

C-dad wrote:

A flop? watch it again buddy.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

How do u miss that call?
2012 pond hockey All Star
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

C-dad wrote:

That's AHA's best player, Mork, I don't think he is the type of player dive. He clearly got an armed wrapped around his head and neck and he was hauled down. Plain and simple it was a clear penalty that wasn't called...
skipperswag13

Post by skipperswag13 »

starmvp wrote:
C-dad wrote:
The Best in the Bizz3 wrote: Explain to me how this isn't a penalty
That's AHA's best player, Mork, I don't think he is the type of player dive. He clearly got an armed wrapped around his head and neck and he was hauled down. Plain and simple it was a clear penalty that wasn't called...
thank you.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I did not look at the link, but I am assuming it was in the second period and Edina scored on the same play. Terrible call. When Mork made his case with the ref the ref blew him off. It was a bad night by the refs.....But we cannot blame them for the loss.
oldshad77

Post by oldshad77 »

skipperswag13 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
C-dad wrote: Oh, I didn't think the flop by the AHA d-man was that blatant of a dive. :wink:
thank you.
I was at that game too, and I didn't see any checks from behind (by either team). In fact, the checking was very subdued. That was a bad missed call by the ref on the Mork takedown, but I'm guessing that C-Dad's comment was sarcastic (note the wink). Edina didn't play well, and still outshot the Stars almost 2-1. Good refs wouldn't have helped the Stars in this case.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Edina checked two kids from behind within 10 seconds, I'll post link when I get the chance tonight
skipperswag13

Post by skipperswag13 »

starmvp wrote:Edina checked two kids from behind within 10 seconds, I'll post link when I get the chance tonight
thats what i was referring to.

And if they would have called the mork take down, that goal would of not happened. And if they called the two check from behinds that would of eliminated one of the goals. And put the stars on the power play for 4 minutes more total.

Without the stars scoring on those to power plays the game should of been 4-2. But like i said, they would of had 4 minutes of power play to score 2 goals.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

oldshad77 wrote: That was a bad missed call by the ref on the Mork takedown, but I'm guessing that C-Dad's comment was sarcastic (note the wink).
=D>
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

It seems as if skipperswag13's account was created today to help back up dirtydangles17's point. The grammar gave it away for me...

My question is..what is a Skipper doing at an Edina/AHA game and getting this emotionally involved?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

tonkafan77 wrote:It seems as if skipperswag13's account was created today to help back up dirtydangles17's point. The grammar gave it away for me...

My question is..what is a Skipper doing at an Edina/AHA game and getting this emotionally involved?
It's taken care of.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
ya-man

Post by ya-man »

Hey C dad, how the hell does a guy flop backwards. Clearly you have green tinted glasses.
Listen2me

AHA vs. Edina

Post by Listen2me »

Ill start by saying I had a vested interest in this game, I'm continually amused by comments like " we can't blame the ref's for the loss." and the ref's had a bad night but didn't decide the outcome. Of course ref's have an influence in a game otherwise we could drop the puck and have the players police themselves. They are necessary and valuable part of the game and as with anything else the people in charge need to lead and be accountable. The ref's missed (and I mean they were staring right at the play) 4-5 calls. I'm not referring to a quick behind the play hook.... I'm talking about football style takedowns. Aren't refs paid to decide the outcome of the game? of course they are. The players from both teams played an entertaining game and deserved much better. It was both ridiculous and hugely disappointing to watch.
Zamman

Re: AHA vs. Edina

Post by Zamman »

Listen2me wrote:Ill start by saying I had a vested interest in this game, I'm continually amused by comments like " we can't blame the ref's for the loss." and the ref's had a bad night but didn't decide the outcome. Of course ref's have an influence in a game otherwise we could drop the puck and have the players police themselves. They are necessary and valuable part of the game and as with anything else the people in charge need to lead and be accountable. The ref's missed (and I mean they were staring right at the play) 4-5 calls. I'm not referring to a quick behind the play hook.... I'm talking about football style takedowns. Aren't refs paid to decide the outcome of the game? of course they are. The players from both teams played an entertaining game and deserved much better. It was both ridiculous and hugely disappointing to watch.
No refs are not paid to decide the outcome. Refs are paid to enforce the rules of the game as they are written. Sometimes it appears that they are getting paid to decide the game.
Point - AHA had two power plays when the score was 1 - 0. They did not have the ability to put it away each time and if that happens, the outcome would have been different. Remember I am the homer.

And Tonka played tonight, so Skipper is allowed to go to other games.