Duluth East vs Tonka

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win this game

Poll ended at Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Duluth East
54%
Minnetonka
46%

Total votes: 61

bronzemedal

Duluth East vs Tonka

Post by bronzemedal »

Will Tonka come out strong against DE, or a loss?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

I think Duluth East is going to get a nice game from Tonka after Tonka's tough loss to Edina tonight. However, I see Duluth East taking this one..... 5-2
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

DE wins 7-2 with some running time in the 3rd!
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

This is DE last test of the season except for a couple 7AA games. East is very shorthanded here and may be out matched. I'll take the hounds 4-2 (en) but if they fall I won't be surprised either. Tonka is tough at home.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
StreetStix

Post by StreetStix »

East has their number but playing without Parker, Trevor, Valesano, and possibly Nate will be tough. I'll say East wins if Repensky plays, otherwise I'll take Tonka.
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

If Tonka plays the same game they did last night this will be running time the whole third period even without some of the studs playing for DE.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Think Tonka will come out playing inspired hockey after the Edina game last night. However, I still think East (even without some top guys) puts them away.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I'm gonna take Tonka by 1.

Always interesting to see a 2nd match up between two teams, adjustment wise. From my viewpoint, East jumped Tonka from the opening bell and controlled the game for the most part. 5 on 5 it was clear who was better that night. East's FC and pressure/support game was very fun to watch. Thought Tonka had spurts, but mainly just when they had PP time when East took lots of penalties in latter part of game. East's G also outplayed Tonka's in my opinion. If Tonka has good leaders on that team they will not let that happen again..Think East is still top team in state if healthy, but like tonka tomorrow...
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

East 4 (EN) - Tonka 2
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Tonka 6 East 3
Go Hounds.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Got to like East. One of the top teams over the last 5 or so years.

East 5 Tonka 2
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

GTTN wrote:If Tonka plays the same game they did last night this will be running time the whole third period even without some of the studs playing for DE.
Shots were 39-24.
Murray Chadwick

Post by Murray Chadwick »

East is the better team, but Tonka is tough at home....this one ends in a tie, 3-3. These teams will meet again in the state championship.
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

Slap Shot wrote:
GTTN wrote:If Tonka plays the same game they did last night this will be running time the whole third period even without some of the studs playing for DE.
Shots were 39-24.
Not many good scoring chances by tonka and edina doesn't have much fire power offensively. Shots don't always tell the true story. Tonka also out shot Duluth East in the 6 - 2 loss.
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Hey, I just found out this game starts at 1:30 instead of tonight. Is 1:30 the JV or Varsity start time?
rainier

Post by rainier »

Will this game be streamed online? Myfoxhockey does not list the individual games for Hockey Day and I only saw a live blog on their site.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

rainier wrote:Will this game be streamed online? Myfoxhockey does not list the individual games for Hockey Day and I only saw a live blog on their site.
No video, but kfan.com supposedly has audio.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I am going with a 3 - 3 tie...sounds odd. I have seen these number 1 vs number 2.
StreetStix

Post by StreetStix »

And now we see the flaw with the new head contact penalties. Any schmo can duck his head down and take, what would be a hip check, to the head. Seeing what I expected so far in the game though. Skoog subpar, no depth with East's missing players, and a very good and motivated Minnetonka team not wanting to lose on their home ice after getting blown out for the majority of their last game against this team. Hopefully East puts in a few and we see an ending like in the earlier game.
shoot out

Post by shoot out »

Update Please :-)
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

StreetStix wrote:And now we see the flaw with the new head contact penalties. Any schmo can duck his head down and take, what would be a hip check, to the head. Seeing what I expected so far in the game though. Skoog subpar, no depth with East's missing players, and a very good and motivated Minnetonka team not wanting to lose on their home ice after getting blown out for the majority of their last game against this team. Hopefully East puts in a few and we see an ending like in the earlier game.
I agree. I was also shocked they called it a check from behind. When I saw the hit live I knew it would be called but I figured it would have been boarding or contact to the head.
HockeyFan_11

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

4-1 Minnetonka
10:00 left in the 2nd
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Tonka up 4-1 with 10 to go in the 2nd.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

StreetStix wrote:And now we see the flaw with the new head contact penalties. Any schmo can duck his head down and take, what would be a hip check, to the head. Seeing what I expected so far in the game though. Skoog subpar, no depth with East's missing players, and a very good and motivated Minnetonka team not wanting to lose on their home ice after getting blown out for the majority of their last game against this team. Hopefully East puts in a few and we see an ending like in the earlier game.
The call was checking from behind. Not head contact.
4 to 1 Tonka.
Last edited by HawkeyPower on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

Who is out for East anyone know??
"Nothing Runs like a Greyhound"