7AA Seedings

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

NWSC Puck

7AA Seedings

Post by NWSC Puck »

After Andovers 2-1 victory over Elk River tonight the seedings might be coming into shape. What significance does ER victory over GR earlier in the season have? Bischoff was out during the holiday season right? Yor opinion on seeds?
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

You need another option: East, Andover, Rapids, ER
NWSC Puck

Post by NWSC Puck »

MHGr8ness wrote:You need another option: East, Andover, Rapids, ER

Yes I know. For some reason it's only allowing me to enter 2 options.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

NWSC Puck wrote:

I assume you were trying to set up a poll?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
fiveholenyou

Post by fiveholenyou »

I think it's wishful thinking GR gets the third seed. After tonight it should be:

1) DE
2) Andover
3) ER
4) GR
mulesrbest

Post by mulesrbest »

Will come down to GR and DE for state team representing sec 7! Even if they have to play in semis!
NWSC Puck

Post by NWSC Puck »

east hockey wrote:
NWSC Puck wrote:

I assume you were trying to set up a poll?

Lee
Yes trying to set up a poll but just figured to get rid of it and people can type their seedings!
If I had to rank them right now I would put
1. east
2. Andover
3. Gr
4. Er

Rapids 3 raise quite frankly ER can be on and off. Yes they indeed beat Blaine but they also lost to a sub par Anoka team.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulesrbest wrote:Will come down to DE representing sec 7!
Fixed

8)
The Puck
LGW
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Having Andover and Elk River meet in the semi-finals after Rapids vs East would ruin it. Why have two southern teams in the late game, atmosphere will suck for that one. Gotta have a situation where Rapids and East can meet in the finals and have two north vs. south games on semi-final saturday. I think the way the seeds should go works out into what I want. Elk River just hasn't done enough in the whole of their season to get to #3. Yes they beat Rapids, but some of you Elk River fans put too much emphasis on one fricken game. Elk River has done enough to be home vs. CEC in the quarterfinals.

1. East
2. Andover
3. Rapids
4. Elk River
5. Cloquet
slyer

Post by slyer »

please tell me who gr has beat that is so good, er beat gr earlier and yes your star wasn't out there, so should this game not count because of that. head to head games should make a difference, er and other fans should take sos into consideration also, looks like gr had a tough time with that class a team last night, 16-5 looks good. grand rapids hasn't done enough to get the 3 seed
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Message edited for being posted twice.
Last edited by TheHockeyDJ on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

They won at Roseau and Warroad, swept their series with Bemidji. You are telling me those games are cake walks? Oh right, Elk River has such tough games like Champlin Park and Coon Rapids. :roll:

Bottom line is Elk River is on a big time slide right now and given how well Cloquet is playing it wouldn't shock me to see Elk River at #5.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Seedings at this time:
1. Duluth East
2. Andover
3. Elk River
4. Grand Rapids
5. Cloquet

If Rapids can beat Moorhead on Saturday they would have an argument to be seeded higher. If they lose to Moorhead they should not be seeded higher than 4. They have zero quality wins this year because they have not beaten a team ranked in the top 20. I would guess they will end up with a seed higher than what they earned.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

rapidsrapids wrote:The won at Roseau and Warroad, swept their series with Bemidji. You are telling me those games are cake walks? Oh right, Elk River has such tough games like Champlin Park and Coon Rapids. :roll:
1. EAST
2. ANDOVER
3. GR
4 CLOQUET
5. ER
6-9 THE REST
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

If we are gonna talk quality wins, then look at Andover's results on the mnhockeyhub. Now there is a team with zero quality wins outside section 7.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

rapidsrapids wrote:If we are gonna talk quality wins, then look at Andover's results on the mnhockeyhub. Now there is a team with zero quality wins outside section 7.
true but at the end of the day section wins count the most...
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Elk River's quality win outside section 7: Blaine. Yep, 1 game.

Grand Rapids quality wins outside section 7: Roseau, Warroad, Bemidji, Bemidji, Duluth Marshall, White Bear Lake, Hibbing. Looks a bit lopsided to me.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Usthockey13 wrote:
rapidsrapids wrote:If we are gonna talk quality wins, then look at Andover's results on the mnhockeyhub. Now there is a team with zero quality wins outside section 7.
true but at the end of the day section wins count the most...
Not really. Elk River can't hang their hat on one 7AA game when they have 8 losses and only one quality win vs. Blaine. You look at the season as a whole first, then you look at section games. Elk River's season result as a whole is the 5th best in 7AA. Period.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

rapidsrapids wrote:Elk River's quality win outside section 7: Blaine. Yep, 1 game.

Grand Rapids quality wins outside section 7: Roseau, Warroad, Bemidji, Bemidji, Duluth Marshall, White Bear Lake, Hibbing. Looks a bit lopsided to me.
Rapids I agree with you GR will be a head of ER even though ER beat GR( w/o Bischoff) in dec. But I dont see GR ahead of Andover with them beating ER twice and the fact the GR still did lose to ER... Either way Rapids 2/3 and Andover 2/3.. Gonna be a tough semifinal game for GR with the play of Andovers goalie
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

The other factor is East coach Mike Randolph does not want to face Rapids in the semi-finals and he will do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen. And, based on years past, Randolph seems to always get what he wants.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

rapidsrapids wrote:The other factor is East coach Mike Randolph does not want to face Rapids in the semi-finals and he will do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen. And, based on years past, Randolph seems to always get what he wants.
Wow some sour grapes eh Rapids? Anyways I bet East doesnt care when they play Rapids in sections ( if they do) :lol:

I mean East went up to Rapids and beat them without Olson, Repenksy and Parker.. :D
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Andover does have tough goalie, however Rapids is more experienced (section final last year). Andover has never been to the semi-finals and Rapids has a load of players shooting the puck accurately now. Not sure if Andover has any fans, but they will be severely outnumbered, irregardless of the seeds, it will feel like a home game for Rapids.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

rapidsrapids wrote:Andover does have tough goalie, however Rapids is more experienced (section final last year). Andover has never been to the semi-finals and Rapids has a load of players shooting the puck accurately now. Not sure if Andover has any fans, but they will be severely outnumbered, irregardless of the seeds, it will feel like a home game for Rapids.
that is also very true... Well I hope Rapids doesnt travel up to Ifalls and have another barn burner with them like last week :wink:
NWSC Puck

Post by NWSC Puck »

rapidsrapids wrote:Andover does have tough goalie, however Rapids is more experienced (section final last year). Andover has never been to the semi-finals and Rapids has a load of players shooting the puck accurately now. Not sure if Andover has any fans, but they will be severely outnumbered, irregardless of the seeds, it will feel like a home game for Rapids.
Correction Andover has made it to the semifinals in 09-10 when they had the team of 17 seniors highlighted by UMD recruit Cal Decowski. still lost to east 4-0 but they did make it to the semis.
NWSC Puck

Post by NWSC Puck »

Yes Andover does not really have a quality win outside section 7AA but they play Centennial and Blaine 1 more time this year they they could win. And keep in mind that 4 out of their 5 losses have been decided by 1 goal against some of the top teams year in and year out in state.

ANDOVER

4-5 loss vs Maple Grove
1-2 Loss vs Eden Prairie
4-5 Loss vs Centennial
6-7 loss vs Blaine
also they have a 2-2 tie with Maple Grove

Elk River

3-3 tie vs MG
1-3 loss vs EP
3-6 loss vs EP
2 losses in 1 goal games vs Andover
yes they did beat Blaine in 1 game but lost the other
Dont forget that ugly loss to a Anoka team that has losses this year against the bottom teams of the NWSC Armstrong, Champlin and Osseo

Grand Rapids

has alot of W's but i give them 6-8 of them being quality opponents and some of them single A opponents

Everyone from mn Highway 95 wants to see a GR DE finals. seeds will be

East
Andover
GR
ER
Cloquet
Forest Lake
St Michael
Cambridge
St Francis