I miss you GFD

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

I miss you GFD

Post by BodyShots »

I miss the wisdom and insight of GOLDFISHDUDE. If you're out there GFD, give us a sign. :(
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

:cry:

I'm still having Goldfishdude withdrawals...

I miss his stories with Sager aka "Coach of the Year."

8)
The Puck
LGW
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

I saw him at buffalo wild wings in maplewood a couple weeks ago
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I just shot him a PM...that woke him up after a long absence at some point last year, so we'll see if it does the trick again. :)

Yikes, is this really my 3,000th post? I feel old. :lol:
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

karl(east) wrote:I just shot him a PM...that woke him up after a long absence at some point last year, so we'll see if it does the trick again. :)

I think a thread dedicated to him is more than enough of a wake up call.

It's too bad he hasn't been on lately; I always look forward to inside information.

3,000 posts by Karl. Congrats. HSHW, Lee and elliott (just the names of a few) must feel ancient. :mrgreen:

8)
The Puck
LGW
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

karl(east) wrote:I just shot him a PM...that woke him up after a long absence at some point last year, so we'll see if it does the trick again. :)

Gentlemen.. Karl woke me up.

First off, I am humbled and honored beyond belief that Goldfishdude was the subject of Karl's 3,000 post.

Needless to say, with my son no longer at WBL, I have had virtually zero interest in following HS hockey this year. I am sorry, and yes, it is 100% related to the head coach and to the WBL youth program that ran out the best coaches in the program.

However, I will say ironically, just yesterday, I was bored as heck, and looked up stats for WBL. I ran into one of the coaches removed from the youth program, and we started talking.

I am absolutely THRILLED at what Jake Wahlin is doing as a frosh. And I was amused at, yes, the one-line wonders. My goodness. I must say I am shocked at Mitch Morrisette's success.

At a look at the WBL record, it is typical Sagerism all over, and quite possibly even worse. What are they, like 2-7 or something outside of the SEC?

The only other things I was looking forward to seeking, but haven't is H-M frosh, Davis Zarembinski, who I have known from the day he was born, and that the kid I touted from the first time I saw him as a 9th grader was Luke Voltin, who left H-M for somewhere special.

Puckie, thanks for missing me, and Body, you know I love ya man. Maybd I will get out to watch WBL yet this year.

Looks like the Hounds are rolling this year, eh?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Humph. I have callouses older than you. :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

It's good to see GFD is alive and well. Welcome back, sir.

Although you may not be as connected to WBL anymore; hopefully you'll grace us with your presence from time to time.
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Thank God they weren't bunions. :mrgreen:

8)
The Puck
LGW
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Hey GFD, there is always room on the Eagan Wildcats band wagon, jump on before its too late !! :D :D
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Hey GFD, there is always room on the Eagan Wildcats band wagon, jump on before its too late !! :D :D
HHF, I could never allow my allegiances to Eagan, Stillwater, H-M and Duluth East to disappear. Glad you still are there for the Wildcats.

You know..... with the love I am feeling from you guys, I might just have to look at some schedules and catch a game.

Body? Are you still getting to games?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:

Lee
:lol: Okay, that makes me feel better. :mrgreen:

Good to have you back, GFD!
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

WHOA, Whoa, whoa........GFD you at one point in time were silently hope the Ponies would pull off some kind of upset if I remember. Or were you just "callously" mocking me?
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Goldfishdude wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:Hey GFD, there is always room on the Eagan Wildcats band wagon, jump on before its too late !! :D :D
HHF, I could never allow my allegiances to Eagan, Stillwater, H-M and Duluth East to disappear. Glad you still are there for the Wildcats.

You know..... with the love I am feeling from you guys, I might just have to look at some schedules and catch a game.

Oh yeah I am still here GFD, still annoying my critics to death...and loving it!! And with only 2 close losses for Eagan so far this year I havent had to hit the bottle yet, although the tie last week pushed me close.. :lol: :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Goldfishdude wrote:

Over 1500 posts for GFD...... man you must be doing a lot of talking on the CAFE.

I've been to a few. Lets just say I saw some ugly losses (LS, HM) and an ugly win (Stillwater). We will have to hook up for the state fair games.

Welcome back.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

youngblood08 wrote:WHOA, Whoa, whoa........GFD you at one point in time were silently hope the Ponies would pull off some kind of upset if I remember. Or were you just "callously" mocking me?
Not at all Youngie. I have made it clear that Stillwater is my favorite team in the SEC, that H-M is my favorite private school, East is my favorite to the north, and Eagan the soutb.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Goldfishdude wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:WHOA, Whoa, whoa........GFD you at one point in time were silently hope the Ponies would pull off some kind of upset if I remember. Or were you just "callously" mocking me?
Not at all Youngie. I have made it clear that Stillwater is my favorite team in the SEC, that H-M is my favorite private school, East is my favorite to the north, and Eagan the soutb.
You're giving me reason to write "why I hate GoldyDude" in the Cafe. :wink:

Good to hear from ya!
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

sorry GFD I read that wrong.........