How bad will Little Falls beat Hermantown?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mite-dad

How bad will Little Falls beat Hermantown?

Post by Mite-dad »

Hey, a guy can be hopeful can't he? Honestly, I'm thinking something like 4-1 or 5-2 Hermantown.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

If they continue to play how they have been (LF)...a 3 goal game would be more of a prayer than a hope. They will legitimately lose by 8+ if they play like they have against SCC and Princeton.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Based on these:

Hermantown 8, Virginia 0 || Virginia 4, Little Falls 3
Hermantown 7, Intl Falls 1 || I Falls 6, Little Falls 5
Hermantown 8, Sauk Rapids 0 || Little Falls 6, Sauk Rapids 2
Hermantown 2, SCC 1 || SCC 7, Little Falls 1

Mr. Stumpf better be on his game, or I would not be surprised to see running time.
blacklung

Post by blacklung »

They would be lucky to escape the hawk’s nest with only a 4-1, 5-2 L. 8)
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

This will be a 8-1 Hermantown domination. Sorry LF, but I think it is true..
rainier

Post by rainier »

4-0 Hermantown
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

running time here
northern_guy

Re: How bad will Little Falls beat Hermantown?

Post by northern_guy »

Mite-dad wrote:Hey, a guy can be hopeful can't he? Honestly, I'm thinking something like 4-1 or 5-2 Hermantown.

....i'll have what your having! they cannot play with superior teams, especially fast teams. 10-0
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

any radio station covering?
shins

Re: How bad will Little Falls beat Hermantown?

Post by shins »

northern_guy wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:Hey, a guy can be hopeful can't he? Honestly, I'm thinking something like 4-1 or 5-2 Hermantown.

....i'll have what your having! they cannot play with superior teams, especially fast teams. 10-0
hmmmm... blew 3-1 lead in 3rd to lose 4-3 to Cathedral, beat Lourdes 5-3 and and Rogers on the road 5-2. I know those aren't as "superior" as a Hermantown or handful of private schools, but good teams none-the-less. LF has been playing poorly for the past week, and if they come out like that it will get ugly. They can, when they play together, play with anyone though.

That is a long haul for a mid week game, for a team in a confidence crisis, so I will expect a 5-2 Hermantown win, brace myself for running time and hold out hope for a 3-2 shocker.
shins

Post by shins »

1-0 Hermantown after two periods. LF will be on the PP to start the third. Hawks goal came on the PP in the first.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Any updates? Any idea on shots?
rainier

Post by rainier »

2-0 Hermantown. The game is being covered by Hockey Hub.
rainier

Post by rainier »

2-0 Hermantown Final. Shots 38-12 Herm.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

rainier wrote:2-0 Hermantown Final. Shots 38-12 Herm.
Wow, Stumpf must have stood on his head.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Anyone have any insight on the game? Was it a good game, or did Hermantown dominate more than the score indicated?
Northern Defender

Post by Northern Defender »

Mite-dad wrote:Anyone have any insight on the game? Was it a good game, or did Hermantown dominate more than the score indicated?
Little falls played a strong complete game taking away time and space. Stumpf played great. They keep playing like that they will be at state and could do some damage
deacon64

Post by deacon64 »

[quote="Northern Defender]Little falls played a strong complete game taking away time and space. Stumpf played great. They keep playing like that they will be at state and could do some damage[/quote]

Come on out shot 38-12 and played a strong game, NOT! Sounds like domination and goalie kept LF in the game.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

Northern Defender wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:Anyone have any insight on the game? Was it a good game, or did Hermantown dominate more than the score indicated?
Little falls played a strong complete game taking away time and space. Stumpf played great. They keep playing like that they will be at state and could do some damage
???????
For the first 5-6 minutes there were no shots either side. LF skated well and played the body well. Shots were 12-2 after that in the first period. I don't know if you were at the game but Hermantown had at least 7-8 breakaways that Stumpf stopped. Thomas alone had 5 in which he was tackled on at least 4 of them. At no time did LF even have a real scoring chance. They started out strong, but by the end they packed everyone in front of Stumpf and either iced to get line changes or blocked numerous shots. Game should have been 5-6 to 0. (and thats generous)
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

HawkeyPower wrote:
Northern Defender wrote:
???????
For the first 5-6 minutes there were no shots either side. LF skated well and played the body well. Shots were 12-2 after that in the first period. I don't know if you were at the game but Hermantown had at least 7-8 breakaways that Stumpf stopped. Thomas alone had 5 in which he was tackled on at least 4 of them. At no time did LF even have a real scoring chance. They started out strong, but by the end they packed everyone in front of Stumpf and either iced to get line changes or blocked numerous shots. Game should have been 5-6 to 0. (and thats generous)
Really? We can't give credit where credit is due? I wasn't at the game, and it's obvious Little Falls was no where close to scoring or winning. But they are a good defensive team (yes, they had a couple bad games recently) who played a good defensive game with no offense. If the game should've been 5/6-0, then the Hawks should've scored 3/4 more goals than they did. Period.

Little Falls is one of 4 teams this season to hold Hermantown to less than 3 goals and one of 7 to lose by less than a 3 goal margin. For as good as Hermantown is, that seems like a pretty good accomplishment to me.

They are still in the driver's seat in their section and, while they're not one we'd predict, I doubt too many would be surprised to see them playing in the 3rd place game.
rainier

Post by rainier »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:
Northern Defender wrote:Little falls played a strong complete game taking away time and space. Stumpf played great. They keep playing like that they will be at state and could do some damage
???????
Really? We can't give credit where credit is due? I wasn't at the game, and it's obvious Little Falls was no where close to scoring or winning. But they are a good defensive team (yes, they had a couple bad games recently) who played a good defensive game with no offense. If the game should've been 5/6-0, then the Hawks should've scored 3/4 more goals than they did. Period.

Little Falls is one of 4 teams this season to hold Hermantown to less than 3 goals and one of 7 to lose by less than a 3 goal margin. For as good as Hermantown is, that seems like a pretty good accomplishment to me.

They are still in the driver's seat in their section and, while they're not one we'd predict, I doubt too many would be surprised to see them playing in the 3rd place game.
Little Falls better hope they draw TRF or Duluth Marshall in the quarters if they want to have any chance at the 3rd place game. If Breck, STA, and Herm are there, I don't see LF beating any of them.

(Hopefully we get some juicy section upsets!)
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:
Northern Defender wrote:Little falls played a strong complete game taking away time and space. Stumpf played great. They keep playing like that they will be at state and could do some damage
???????

Agreed. Could, should, would all you want but the facts say it was 2-0.
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:
???????

I was there and yes Little Falls did play great defensively. They didn't chase around the zone and forced shots from outside of which Stumpf, who is a very solid tender, sucked up every and all rebounds.

Offensively, the 12 shots given to LF is generous to say the least. Half of them were from outside the blue line where they were dumps. I paid close attention from the second half of the game on and counted twice where LF had zone entry into Htowns zone. Otherwise they had to dump it in and all it took was a D to D or a reverse by Htown and they were up and out.

I was pretty dissapointed to not see LF switch up their forecheck at all during the game. Even with less then 30 seconds left they still weren't pressuring the D. It looked like they were satisfied with losing by 2. A perfect example is they had an opportunity to pull the goalie with about 30 seconds left after thier penalty had ended and chose not to.

A note to all, you cannot sit back and give Hermantowns D time and space to make a pass. They will pick you apart with tape to tape passes. You have to pressure them and force them to make mistakes.
nota612er

Post by nota612er »

Funny, you’re all correct! While I saw the game through an Htown lens, team defense led by a goalie playing very well kept Little Falls in the game. Last time I checked, those are both parts of the game, Little Falls knows it and executes a game plan to those strengths. The HUB article sums the game up pretty well. I thought the game was actually rather boring to watch as it was devoid of playmaking (so-so passing by both teams) and very little transitional play…just lots of grinding it out by two teams that play well defensively. At the end, I think LFalls was just gassed from trying to keep the stronger Htown forwards at bay. LFalls is clearly the favorite to come out of their section but they will have to find some offense to make noise at the X.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:
???????

I think I did give them credit. Sorry I did not use enough adjectives for Stumpfs play or their defensive play. The statement I answered to stated that they played a"strong and complete game". That in my eyes was not close. And no one ever uses should've or would've comments on this forum! Please.I thought coming in that even though they had to travel far for a mid-week game , I thought that Stumpf would play strong and they would pull out a close victory. And I do believe they should be the favorite to come out of 6A, but they will have a tough time in their first round matchup.