SCC vs. Rogers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 am

St. Cloud Cathedral
58%
Rogers
42%

Total votes: 26

northern_guy

SCC vs. Rogers

Post by northern_guy »

I think SCC takes this one. The last meeting was a fluke and could only happemn 1-10 times they played.
MNhockeyNut

Post by MNhockeyNut »

Legacy gave Rogers a little eye opener last night.
Legacy gave them a good game that Rogers did not see coming.
It was a great game, and for the first period and a half it was anybody’s game. Not sure how Rogers will react Saturday.
coach39

Post by coach39 »

Special teams was the difference the last time these two played. SCC couldn't get out of their zone on the PP and Rogers scored two great PP goals from down low.
It wasn't a fluke Rogers won last time, but I don't think that will happen again.
SCC 5-2.
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

SCC is too fast, SCC 5-3..
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

Wish I could see this one. I think the last meeting wasn't a "fluke" but I think SCC is stronger and win this one. If they play 10 times in think SCC wins 6-7 times.
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

HawkeyPower wrote:Wish I could see this one. I think the last meeting wasn't a "fluke" but I think SCC is stronger and win this one. If they play 10 times in think SCC wins 6-7 times.
i want my SCC to have another crack at h-town so bad!!! if we lose to h-town..hey, you lost to a great undefeated team who will most likely be playing in the state championship...on the flip side to knock off an indefeated team and keep them from going to the X...priceless. h-town has the defense, SCC has the scoring and speed. I want a rematch!...
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

northern_guy wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:Wish I could see this one. I think the last meeting wasn't a "fluke" but I think SCC is stronger and win this one. If they play 10 times in think SCC wins 6-7 times.
i want my SCC to have another crack at h-town so bad!!! if we lose to h-town..hey, you lost to a great undefeated team who will most likely be playing in the state championship...on the flip side to knock off an indefeated team and keep them from going to the X...priceless. h-town has the defense, SCC has the scoring and speed. I want a rematch!...
That's why I am rooting for Rodgers. Careful what you wish for but you guys seem to be stronger right now than Rodgers. And I know Rodgers fans you just beat SCC, but I think we match up better with the Royals.
rainier

Post by rainier »

SCC wins 5-2.

Can anyone explain why Rogers' team name is the Royals but their mascot is a mountain lion? Don't see the connection there.
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

rainier wrote:SCC wins 5-2.

Can anyone explain why Rogers' team name is the Royals but their mascot is a mountain lion? Don't see the connection there.
lion is the symbol of royalty
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

I am thinking this will be a 5-2 score and shots will be 40-17 SCC.
Last edited by northern_guy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skiumah

Post by skiumah »

If I could go to a game today, this would the one. It should be a good game.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

skiumah wrote:If I could go to a game today, this would the one. It should be a good game.
Very true, going to be 2 great teams meeting tonight, would love to see the Crusaders get another chance at the Hawks, even though I'm still saying the Hawks are gonna come out of 5A.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

I am rooting for Rogers and if they do not win I will root for Cathedral in the section final. Not that I like one vs the other, but you like seeing the team that knocked you be the one at state takes a little sting away. I am going to go with a 1 goal game, if the spread is by more I think it will come from an empty netter. Rogers is 3-0 over the last 2 years against SCC so they can get it done, it is sections anything can happen. I am not sure Legacy gave Rogers a good game, but their goalie did.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Rogers 2
Cathedral 0

After 1

Looks like northern_guy may have written some checks that he's not able to (nor forced) to cash. It always bothered me as a player to have fans give bulletin board material to the opposition.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Sources have it at 2-1 now. After 2
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Rogers 3
Cathedral 1

Final.
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

fluke huh
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

BobSaget wrote:Rogers 3
Cathedral 1

Final.
Noooo!!!!!!! Sog? Penalties? What Happened????
Geno Snipes

Post by Geno Snipes »

Rogers was the much better team. Physically intimidated scc and dominated play overall. Rogers has 2 very good forward lines, solid D top to bottom, and good goaltending. I give them a good shot against hermantown.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES wrote:
Cathedral 1

Final.
Can't help you. Wasn't there.

All I heard was SCC was 0-for-6 on the PP. The PP was one of their weak spots all year, IMO. They never seemed to create any traffic out front.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Cathedral 1

Final.

All I heard was SCC was 0-for-6 on the PP. The PP was one of their weak spots all year, IMO. They never seemed to create any traffic out front.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

northern_guy said it was a fluke on two different threads, I am wondering if he is eating crow right now. I will admit I am surprised at the score, but not that they one. Rogers has been a finicky team this year like I said on another but they have won the games they needed this year except the 1st meeting with H-town.
I am sure the poll will overwhelmingly have H-town winning their next match-up as well, but I also think this will be another 1 goal game either way. Congrats Rogers get yourself over the hump and get to the excel.
HS hcockey watcher when Rogers won two weeks ago you moved cathedral from 7 to 5 and Rogers did not move, what does it look like now?
royals03

Post by royals03 »

BobSaget wrote:
Cathedral 1

Final.

I heard penalties were 7 for Rogers and 1 for SCC after 2 periods.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Thank you Rogers for shutting up Northern Guy!
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

BobSaget wrote:
Cathedral 1

Final.

Man, 0-6 on power play? Super Soph's have a long summer to think about this. I really thought SCC had a great shot to beat Hermatown... Hats off to Rogers and good luck against Hermatown.