Section 5A Final: #1 Hermantown vs #2 Rogers @ Heritage 3-2

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The winner is.....

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Hermantown
73%
Rogers
27%

Total votes: 45

Northern Defender

Post by Northern Defender »

royals03 wrote:
DKS1962 wrote:Rogers can't stay out of the penalty box. It should have cost them against
St Cloud.

Hermantown will not go 0-6 on the powere play.

Rogers will definetly have a harder time staying out of the box playing in H-town's backyard. Rogers actually won the special teams stat in the 1st game 100% PK and 33% PP.
There is no doubt everyone expects Hermantown to win, I am sure they even excpect it and that could be dangerous, how will they handle adversity if it hits them?
You don't think adversity hit them in the first meeting being down 2-1 after 2 periods?
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Kind of hoping Cabelas wins this one but I don't think it will happen.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Hermantown 5
Rogers 1

Won't be close. Hermantown will play harder than they have all year. To much fire power and D.
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Hawkyfan70 wrote:
royalhockey999 wrote: Here is another way of looking at it, not that it matters but here we go. Lets say Hermantown dominated the first and second periods the way they did in the third period. After the 2nd it was 3-0. Rogers, in the third was running.....score 4 goals to win the game 4-3. Who dominated the game????? I would argue that Hermantown was the better team that given night but didn't win! Agree??
no one really 'dominates' a 4-3 game
and a team that is 'better that given night' doesn't give up a 3 goal lead and lose

does anyone know if this game will be available online (video feed)
I'm impressed guys! Out of all my years browsing this site I never have seen an argument with a few guys at eachother's throats become so civil in such a short time. Anyway, how can anybody in their right mind think Hermantown will lose this season? Week in and week out they've beaten quality competiton with great defense and firepower. With so many players back from last year's team, a team that was spotted 4 goals (I think it was 4 goals but might have been 3) last year against St. Thomas in the championship, are there really people that think anyone can stop these Hawks except St. Thomas again? I know I am completely crazy but it just seems like Hermantown and Duluth East are on a mission to finish what they both should have finished last season......Winning titles.
Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Any know if this game will be broadcast online via a radio station so we can listen in? It is not on MSBN tonight.
blacklung

Post by blacklung »

dherman8 wrote:
Hawkyfan70 wrote:
royalhockey999 wrote: Here is another way of looking at it, not that it matters but here we go. Lets say Hermantown dominated the first and second periods the way they did in the third period. After the 2nd it was 3-0. Rogers, in the third was running.....score 4 goals to win the game 4-3. Who dominated the game????? I would argue that Hermantown was the better team that given night but didn't win! Agree??
no one really 'dominates' a 4-3 game
and a team that is 'better that given night' doesn't give up a 3 goal lead and lose

I'm impressed guys! Out of all my years browsing this site I never have seen an argument with a few guys at eachother's throats become so civil in such a short time. Anyway, how can anybody in their right mind think Hermantown will lose this season? Week in and week out they've beaten quality competiton with great defense and firepower. With so many players back from last year's team, a team that was spotted 4 goals (I think it was 4 goals but might have been 3) last year against St. Thomas in the championship, are there really people that think anyone can stop these Hawks except St. Thomas again? I know I am completely crazy but it just seems like Hermantown and Duluth East are on a mission to finish what they both should have finished last season......Winning titles.
I could not have said it better myself.
People do not realize how good this Hermantown team is.
Being that Herm is class A, it does not get much press coverage or respect, but I can tell you that this team can skate 3 lines and 5 D against any team in the state.
There is a 1st line but really no 2nd or 3rd as each is strong in its own way.
Rogers is going to have their hands full tonight as this team has a goal and Rogers is the next team in Hermantown’s path.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

blacklung wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
Hawkyfan70 wrote: no one really 'dominates' a 4-3 game

I could not have said it better myself.
People do not realize how good this Hermantown team is.
Being that Herm is class A, it does not get much press coverage or respect, but I can tell you that this team can skate 3 lines and 5 D against any team in the state.
There is a 1st line but really no 2nd or 3rd as each is strong in its own way.
Rogers is going to have their hands full tonight as this team has a goal and Rogers is the next team in Hermantown’s path.
Streaming anywhere?
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

anyone know?
streaming
streaming

Buehler............
RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 »

Hawkyfan70 wrote:anyone know?
streaming
streaming

Buehler............
I've been trying to find video too but I don't think there is any. It's a shame I would love to watch. Guess the radio will have to do. :(
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

RangeHockeyFan1817 wrote:
streaming
streaming

Buehler............
I've been trying to find video too but I don't think there is any. It's a shame I would love to watch. Guess the radio will have to do. :(
any audio broadcast online?
i am only getting whats on the Hub

at least the Hawks are up 1-0
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

2-0 Hawks (pp goal)
RangeHockeyFan1817

Hawkyfan70 wrote:
streaming
streaming

Buehler............
any audio broadcast online?
i am only getting whats on the Hub

at least the Hawks are up 1-0
No, none online. and I'm not getting any radio coverage either. Keep the updates coming! Go Hawks!
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

3-0 Hawks
2-1/2 minutes in to the 2nd period
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

4-0 Hawks
Hawkyfan70

Post by Hawkyfan70 »

Hawks win 4-0
royals03

Post by royals03 »

As much as it hurts congrats to H-town, it says a lot about a community that puts a team of such high caliber together year in and year out. I would also be remiss if I did not recognize my team though, in it's short existance it has been to 2 section finals and I believe all years except one have lost to the eventual section champion. I hope they get over the hump and get their chance to show their pride at state some day soon.
In 2007 I think they probably had the best team in class A except for being bumped up to AA due to a co-op that really never existed since no students ever played a single sport with Rogers.
I was unable to make the game tonight, so I hope the Royals fought hard and gave it their all and lost with class.
Now the status of the section falls on the shoulders of H-town at state so represent.
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

royals03 wrote:As much as it hurts congrats to H-town, it says a lot about a community that puts a team of such high caliber together year in and year out. I would also be remiss if I did not recognize my team though, in it's short existance it has been to 2 section finals and I believe all years except one have lost to the eventual section champion. I hope they get over the hump and get their chance to show their pride at state some day soon.
In 2007 I think they probably had the best team in class A except for being bumped up to AA due to a co-op that really never existed since no students ever played a single sport with Rogers.
I was unable to make the game tonight, so I hope the Royals fought hard and gave it their all and lost with class.
Now the status of the section falls on the shoulders of H-town at state so represent.
I highly doubt Rodgers had the best class A team in 07. Hermantown also went undefeated right through to a state title in 07. "Some" said they were arguably the best team in the state A or AA.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

ok would you be happier if I said Rogers was probably 2nd best next to your beloved H-town. Rogers was a damn good team that set the state record for most shutouts in a season, while giving up only 39 goals against.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

Northhcky wrote:
royals03 wrote:As much as it hurts congrats to H-town, it says a lot about a community that puts a team of such high caliber together year in and year out. I would also be remiss if I did not recognize my team though, in it's short existance it has been to 2 section finals and I believe all years except one have lost to the eventual section champion. I hope they get over the hump and get their chance to show their pride at state some day soon.
you may also want to leave the north sometime and realize it is Rogers not Rodgers. :P

I highly doubt Rodgers had the best class A team in 07. Hermantown also went undefeated right through to a state title in 07. "Some" said they were arguably the best team in the state A or AA.
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

royals03 wrote:ok would you be happier if I said Rogers was probably 2nd best next to your beloved H-town. Rogers was a damn good team that set the state record for most shutouts in a season, while giving up only 39 goals against.
sorry bud but the 07 hawks were the real deal, and they would hands down beat this years team too, they were solid everywhere and that includes having a goalie that was actually talented and didn't have to have his defense do all the work, oh ya and they had to play real competition, but btw tonight's game was a freaking joke, section 5a was the biggest cake walk hermantown could have, would've thought rogers would have put up some sort of a fight instead of rolling over dead in the first 2 minutes of the game, been to two games this week and both have been lopsided this wasn't any better,
in the end congrats for the hawks on their return to state, probably will end up as #1 seed as they are undefeated, i can see breck or sta as 2 and 3 then idk who will be 4

FINAL hawks 4-0
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

royals03 wrote:ok would you be happier if I said Rogers was probably 2nd best next to your beloved H-town. Rogers was a damn good team that set the state record for most shutouts in a season, while giving up only 39 goals against.
As far as you saying "my beloved Hermantown" you know nothing. I do not live in Hermantown...have no boys playing hockey in Hermantown so have no dog in the fight. But being a lifelong hockey fan i have the utmost amount of respect for a small town with no open enrollment that develops hometown kids into a winning team year after year that can compete with anyone in the state whether it be a AA team or one of the privates. Period.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

What is the state record? Is this fact or fiction? Please state facts.
RangeHockeyFan1817

Northhcky wrote:
As far as you saying "my beloved Hermantown" you know nothing. I do not live in Hermantown...have no boys playing hockey in Hermantown so have no dog in the fight. But being a lifelong hockey fan i have the utmost amount of respect for a small town with no open enrollment that develops hometown kids into a winning team year after year that can compete with anyone in the state whether it be a AA team or one of the privates. Period.

=D>
Excellent post Northhcky! I completely agree. I am a ranger (obviously from my handle) but I have the utmost respect for H-town, and am thankful they're not in section 7! I will be rooting for them at the X.
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

Northhcky wrote:

=D>
Excellent post Northhcky! I completely agree. I am a ranger (obviously from my handle) but I have the utmost respect for H-town, and am thankful they're not in section 7! I will be rooting for them at the X.
Aw heck i miss watching the section 7 rivalrys with Hibbing , Virginia, and the Falls. But i do see your point lol. Watched some great games over the years with da-range teams!!
Last edited by Northhcky on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

The Injuns have been beaten by the Hawks the last 2 years.
Hermantown has been as tough an opponent as they have faced.
They have played Edina, Eden Prairie, Elk River, Duluth East, Moorhead, etc.
The Hawks have been every bit as good as any of those teams.
No disrespect to any teams out there, just being real.