Winter Storm Tuesday effects?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

According to the people in charge of the 7A tournament, they are working on contingency plans should the storm force a postponement. Like others have said, venue issues are going to make a reschedule difficult, so they will definitely try to get the game in tomorrow night.

With the UMD men's team out of town this weekend, Amsoil would likely be available for a doubleheader on Thursday. The biggest issue would be at the gate, though -- do you make it a one ticket, two game event? Or do you sell tickets for both games individually, then clear the arena out between games?

One would have to believe it would be the latter, just because of the number of people expected to attend each game.
HOUNDS
Lucia4President

Hockey North wrote:
Hockey North wrote:For the 7A game in Duluth on Wednesday night 7:30pm:

I think you are jumping to conclusions here. It looks to me like most of the heaviest snow fall (7-10')will occur tonight through about 9am tomorrow with an additional 3" possible until 5pm. Then clearing skies.
I would think the game at Amsoil will go on as scheduled.
For the 7A game in Duluth at Amsoil Wednesday, the schools will decide by 1pm Wednesday to cancel or go on with the show. If they cancel, it will become a Double Header Thursday along with the AA game. They will clear the place out after the A game and you would have to have a ticket for the AA game to re-enter.
Beat me to it, thank you for the update!
HOUNDS
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Lucia4President wrote:According to the people in charge of the 7A tournament, they are working on contingency plans should the storm force a postponement. Like others have said, venue issues are going to make a reschedule difficult, so they will definitely try to get the game in tomorrow night.

With the UMD men's team out of town this weekend, Amsoil would likely be available for a doubleheader on Thursday. The biggest issue would be at the gate, though -- do you make it a one ticket, two game event? Or do you sell tickets for both games individually, then clear the arena out between games?

One would have to believe it would be the latter, just because of the number of people expected to attend each game.
The other question I would have concerns the WDIO-TV coverage. Assuming a start time of 6:00 p.m. for the 7A game, would they cover the earlier game in addition to the 7AA game? Keeping in mind this would knock out their 6:00 newscast and delay the 10:00 newscast.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Lucia4President

east hockey wrote:
Lucia4President wrote:According to the people in charge of the 7A tournament, they are working on contingency plans should the storm force a postponement. Like others have said, venue issues are going to make a reschedule difficult, so they will definitely try to get the game in tomorrow night.

The other question I would have concerns the WDIO-TV coverage. Assuming a start time of 6:00 p.m. for the 7A game, would they cover the earlier game in addition to the 7AA game? Keeping in mind this would knock out their 6:00 newscast and delay the 10:00 newscast.

Lee
I would think WDIO would still cover both games, just because they have to pay a fee to broadcast them in the first place. Whether or not that fee is refundable in circumstances such as this would probably be the determining factor.
HOUNDS
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

8AA game at BJI has been moved to Thur.