All-Metro Teams

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TopChedder3
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm

All-Metro Teams

Post by TopChedder3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Anyone know who made the All-Metro Teams?

Iceburg
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 8:21 pm
Location: Maplewood

Post by Iceburg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 pm

The Strib and the Pioneer Press won't release their teams until next week.

TopChedder3
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Post by TopChedder3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?

4thlineproblems
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:31 am

Post by 4thlineproblems » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 am

TopChedder3 wrote:Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?
Besse, Kloos, Leterri, Gross, Schrhammer, Frankie

Just some names

Sats81
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:04 pm

TopChedder3 wrote:Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?[/quote

Kloos, Merchant, Besse, Wolffe, Gross, Franke.

Interested who strib will put on it though. Kloos and Besse are guaranteed.

keepyourheadup
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by keepyourheadup » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 pm

no arguement here on Besse or Gross but historically they like to pick seniors.

Sats81
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:13 pm

keepyourheadup wrote:no arguement here on Besse or Gross but historically they like to pick seniors.
I think they both make it regardless.

BodyShots
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Post by BodyShots » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:15 pm

I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.

Sats81
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 pm

BodyShots wrote:I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.
Pioneer Press doesn't do an all-metro team. They just do the associated press all-state team, which you won't see until after the tourney is done. But yes, sure to see some HM guys on there. Guentzel, Sampair and Lavalle certainly deserve it regardless.

DubCHAGuy
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

Post by DubCHAGuy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm

My prediction for what the 2 newspapers will come up with:

Pioneer Press:
Kloos
Zajac
Guentzel or Sampair

May
Schurhamer

Koop

Star Tribune:
Kloos
Lettieri
Besse

May
Gross

Koop

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 am
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I always felt the Pioneer Press selections are a little too concerned about catering to the east side of the cities. I understand that from a business point of view but it doesn't help the validity of the selections.

rainier
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Earth

Post by rainier » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Besse
Opperman
Kloos

Gross
Schurhamer

Franke

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by wbmd » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Sats81 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.
Pioneer Press doesn't do an all-metro team. They just do the associated press all-state team, which you won't see until after the tourney is done. But yes, sure to see some HM guys on there. Guentzel, Sampair and Lavalle certainly deserve it regardless.
Actually, the Pioneer Press does their own All-State Team, besides listing the A.P. All-State Team.

Oldtimehockeyguy23
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 pm

What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.

Neuuman
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Neuuman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?

Oldtimehockeyguy23
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?
Really.

duluth dave
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am

Post by duluth dave » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Who made the all outstate team?

Neuuman
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Neuuman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?
Really.
O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.

Oldtimehockeyguy23
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 am

Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?
Really.
O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.
Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man

Neuuman
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Neuuman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:31 am

O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.[/quote]

Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man[/quote]

You're right - I assumed he was a forward - my bad.

netminder.net
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:35 am

Post by netminder.net » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:38 am

Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man


Neuuman, maybe this is the list to use;
Krueger, May, Wolfe, Sampair, Gross, Schurhamer, Mork, Kivihalme, Nitti, Boje.[/quote]

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Forwards: Besse, Kloos, Leterri, Merchant, Zajac, Guentzel, Opperman, Steman, Chapman

Defense: Gross, Wolfe, May, Schurhamer, Horton, Mork, Heinrich, Kivihalme

Oldtimehockeyguy23
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:39 pm

netminder.net wrote:
Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man


Neuuman, maybe this is the list to use;
Krueger, May, Wolfe, Sampair, Gross, Schurhamer, Mork, Kivihalme, Nitti, Boje.
[/quote]

still wrong... Sampair is a forward and same with Krueger.

That being said, halverson is better than many of those players you listed.. Besides Gross, all of those D play very weak schedules compared to Wayzata.

mgrockswayzata
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by mgrockswayzata » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Halverson? :roll:

He isn't even the best defenseman on Wayzata.
Miles Death is a much better defenseman.

UntouchableFlow
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Maplewood

Post by UntouchableFlow » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Besse
Kloos
Guentzel

Schurhamer
Gross

Franke

Post Reply