Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will win Maple Grove or Blaine

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

Maple Grove
58%
Blaine
43%

Total votes: 40

Guru20

Post by Guru20 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Some of the comments on here centered around Blaine out coaching Maple Grove, and Maple Grove choking again I find funny.

Blaine's run of 6 straight trips to state is an incredible achievement, amazing really, and they deserve all the credit in the world.

When Maple Grove outshot Blaine last year in Finals 44-27 and lost, better coaching by Aus?

While getting outshot, and outplayed, and Malvin playing phenomenal in Finals last year, what adjustments did Aus make?

The two times earlier this year when MG beat Blaine, did MG out coach Blanie? Maybe Aus only coaches hard in sections?

Last year was the 1st time EVER MG earned the #1 seed, how is it choking when you are typically the #3 or #4 seed?

MG beat Edina and Benilde both twice this year. Was it Stefano out coaching Pauly and Giles? Maybe just the better team won.

Yes, I have some ties to MG, but to me Blaine has had the better teams, and by far the best top end talent. I'm sure it hasn't hurt Aus to have Bjugstad, Brodzinski, Scheid, Tufte, Larson, Harper, etc

Maple Grove is the better team and should win. It has nothing to do with Stefano OR Aus. It will come down to goaltending. Malvin has had a rough year, but he has proven that he can stand on his head and steal games. (showed this more so last year)

hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 pm

BlueLineSpecial wrote:Maple Grove in a yawn fest 6-1 over Blaine (even though I voted for Blaine in the poll to frustrate the kid who posted this topic and clearly wants Maple Grove to win)
lol undserstand this idc if blaine wins the main point of the question was to see if people think MG will choke again . (maybe i should refraise the question) ALL you people are cracking me up :D If blaine wins ill cheer for them in state, Sections 5 is my section. I am just sick of blaine winning the section and going to state and doing NOTHING and then being cocky about it. MG has a better chance to do damage in state. So thank you for frustrating me o-so much! lol

hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Guru20 wrote:Some of the comments on here centered around Blaine out coaching Maple Grove, and Maple Grove choking again I find funny.

Blaine's run of 6 straight trips to state is an incredible achievement, amazing really, and they deserve all the credit in the world.

When Maple Grove outshot Blaine last year in Finals 44-27 and lost, better coaching by Aus?

While getting outshot, and outplayed, and Malvin playing phenomenal in Finals last year, what adjustments did Aus make?

The two times earlier this year when MG beat Blaine, did MG out coach Blanie? Maybe Aus only coaches hard in sections?

Last year was the 1st time EVER MG earned the #1 seed, how is it choking when you are typically the #3 or #4 seed?

MG beat Edina and Benilde both twice this year. Was it Stefano out coaching Pauly and Giles? Maybe just the better team won.

Yes, I have some ties to MG, but to me Blaine has had the better teams, and by far the best top end talent. I'm sure it hasn't hurt Aus to have Bjugstad, Brodzinski, Scheid, Tufte, Larson, Harper, etc

Maple Grove is the better team and should win. It has nothing to do with Stefano OR Aus. It will come down to goaltending. Malvin has had a rough year, but he has proven that he can stand on his head and steal games. (showed this more so last year)
Agree with a lot of that very well thought out, even though some of that pertains to my comments....

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm

I think it's Maple Groves year to take the section title. There D is deeper, lines are deeper and they have more goal scorers. Blaine needs to rely on there 1st and 2nd line (besides Brodzinski) to do the damage. There 3rd line could be a factor giving up goals, if they are not matched up correctly with MG's. Blaines defense is very vulnerable once you get past Brodzinski. Your gonna see Gross alot tonight being on D or forward.

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Guru20 wrote:Some of the comments on here centered around Blaine out coaching Maple Grove, and Maple Grove choking again I find funny.

I mostly agree, but do have yo say coaching will come into play. When 1 team is clearly better, the underdog can't play them head on and beat them, they have to adapt to the style of the better team and defend against it. MG has plenty of guys who can score, not just 1 or 2. So Blaine will have to adjust and play a different defensive game than usual to win the game, but we'll see what happens. Regardless of the outcome I would love to see a good game and even an OT game.

Tornadoes 2003StateChamps

Post by Tornadoes 2003StateChamps » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 pm

MG 8
Blaine 3

Maple Grove plays better as a team. Blaine has a lot of selfish players (20, 23, 26) that are looking for that individual credit. I agree that Melvin hasn't been playing consistant. I bet MG goes up 4 goals by the end of the first period. Koop has been more consistant throughout the season and will come up big tonight. Gross will be a stand out as usual; non-selfish.

headsup

Post by headsup » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Everyone agrees the #1 factor last year was goaltending and it very well may be again.

While Blaine was unable to generate anything on offense, the refs sure helped a lot by calling a terrible penalty with just over 1 minute left in a tied section championship game. Blaine lifts a MG player's stick into another Blaine player - and the MG player gets called for a hook?

Not just one play, but that's hockey... right?

enjoy (at 4:17):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lompvR4WZpM

CRS

Post by CRS » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 pm

MG up 3-0 already. All 3 on a 5 minute major.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Well, this one is getting out of hand early.

Brodzinski takes a major 19 seconds in, Blaine looks lost, MG scoring at will. 4-0 and it's still going.

Bart Archer on color commentary didn't think much of the call. Didn't look like a 5-and-10 to me, either.

CRS

Post by CRS » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Make that 4-0

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:59 pm

shots are 13-0 after the 5 min major...nice penalty by someone not playing with their head,.

trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 pm

tough to see 5 min major so early in such a big game

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Freaking death sentence 19 seconds into the game...... Welcome to chick Hockey!! :evil:

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Wow. Missed the start of this and it's already 4-0....

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Dont whine...Kill a penalty! Not that difficult...Blaine sucks anyways. Most overrated goaltender in the state.

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 pm

5 rip now with a short hand goal. i have played at the colleseum twice...its even uglier seeing in online for a game..what a dump!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Dont whine...Kill a penalty! Not that difficult...Blaine sucks anyways. Most overrated goaltender in the state.
How... many.... rips... in.... one... post? You suck!

I'd stick with your girls forum. :roll:

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 pm

running time in the first period! quickest section final game ever? 6 nothing!

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Calling this game "brutal" would be an understatement. Yikes.

Congrats, Crimson...

CRS

Post by CRS » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 pm

I was really hoping this game would've been close. I couldn't bare watching the Gophers anymore.

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 pm

how many different penalties and penalty minutes did bodzinksi have in the first? did he had 2 five minute majors? loren on hockey hub posted he basically sat the whole first period after he had just gotten out of the box

Turk182

Post by Turk182 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Well they gave a ridiculous 5 minute major (make up call) to MG and all they do is score a shorty. Can't blame the refs for the last two goals!!!

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 pm

northern_guy wrote:how many different penalties and penalty minutes did bodzinksi have in the first? did he had 2 five minute majors? loren on hockey hub posted he basically sat the whole first period after he had just gotten out of the box
I believe I heard the announcer say it was a 5 & 10... Out of play for 15 minutes...

dherman8

Re: Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Post by dherman8 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm

hockey1504 wrote:We all know that Blaine and there coaching staff have there confident little strut going and wear their decade of dominance shirts everywhere! But does everyone think that Blaine will beat MG again when MG is clearly the better team????????? HHHMMM :shock:
No, they won't.

#pullthegoaliefora6on5

Maple Grove Crimson#1

Post by Maple Grove Crimson#1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm

the 5 minute penalty hurt no doubt but its quite obvious Blaine is over matched. they were in both meetings earlier this year. This really shouldn't be a surprise. lets not forget Blaine also had a 5 minute power play in the first and didn't score and gave up a shorty.