Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will win Maple Grove or Blaine

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

Maple Grove
58%
Blaine
43%

Total votes: 40

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

blueliner5 wrote:Gotta love it GO CRIMSON GO!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Hey #29, #39 and #40 how ya feeling? =D> =D> =D>
I bet you feel like doing this ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Your hatred for these kids runs deep. They left, get over it!

Time to act like a grown man now..

HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

mulefarm wrote:
HockeyGuy81 wrote:I enjoyed Aus spending 30 seconds bitching to the ref after the initial penalty rather than getting his team ready for the penalty kill. Nothing like getting your kids in the mind set that they're getting screwed by the refs rather than getting them to compete.

Also enjoyed him and his staff raising their arm in the air every time they felt a penalty should have been called. Wish I would have counted the amount of times that happened.
Probably about the same amount of times MG raised their hands after a goal.
It probably wasn't that many because once they were down by 8 or so he just stood there with his arms crossed pouting.

Maple Grove Crimson#1

Post by Maple Grove Crimson#1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:

There is no reason to bash the Blaine Bengals in anyway. They weren't at their best today and this stuff happens in sports. they had a nice season and I have no doubt they will be back and stronger next year.

The Next One

Post by The Next One » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:

who are they and where did they go?

Turk182

Post by Turk182 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Maple Grove Crimson#1 wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:15-1 Final

Kinda interesting to see MG throw their equipment everywhere after a huge defeat like that, but whatever, congrats to them. They deserve the W and a trip to State, finally.

As for the score, I'm anticipating posts and threads of complaints. :roll: Just so you know, scores like that will never stop. They're young athletes that try their best all the time, which is a good thing. You can sort teams by caliber, school size, etc. all you want, but the fact of the matter is teams are going to crush one another from time to time and not give a crap about the other team's feelings. That's the nature of competitive sports, especially at their age.

Again, congrats to MG, and good luck in St. Paul.

8)
Well said!

On the throwing of their equipment, this program has waited for this moment for along time and just because the game got out of hand doesn't mean they shouldn't be albe to celebrate like everyone els!

should be a great state tourney! Im hoping for a East vs. Maple Grove Final!
MGC #1 Be careful what you wish for.

Let's just take some time to savor this victory regardless of the score. I'm happy for the coaching staff for finally getting in the big dance. And I'm especially happy for all the current & past players, parents and fans. :D :D :D

Party on CRIMSON!!!!!

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:53 am

This game has really brought out the class of both Blaine & Maple Grove here on the message board. :roll:

I don't agree with the penalty that was called to start off the game. I do think it changed the game drastically and it would have been interesting to see what kind of game would have transpired had it not been called the way it did... but can't change it and 15-1 is what it ended up. MG looked way better than they did on Tuesday night and deserved the W. Best of luck @ State.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 am

I am waiting for the 6 pages on how classless Maple Grove was to win by 14...oh wait there aren't a bunch of Lakeville people trying to get their own coach fired :shock:

Turk182

Post by Turk182 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:34 am

What I don't understand is all the complaining about the penalty in the opening seconds of the game. First off it was a bad decision by Brodzinski. Secondly it's not Maple Groves fault that Blaine didn't come prepared to play at the start of the game. Do you think that this was Blaines first 5 minute major??? :roll:

Sorry but where are the complaints about the ridiculous 5 min major called on Maple Grove. The penalty should have righted the ship for Blaine but it didn't. Even if they could have managed a couple goals of their own it still wouldn't have mattered. IMO Maple Grove is clearly the better team. Enough said..,

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 am

blueliner5 wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:Feel bad for Malvin to have to end his career on a note like that. Didn't have a chance on a lot of those MG goals, and did his best. MG's powerplay did exactly what they needed to do on that 5 minute major. Very impressive puck movement on that powerplay. I love to see Blaine get de-throwned in their section. Tough that the game got decided from that penalty, but it had to be called. State is going to be a very impressive draw this year.
Not sure how you can say the game was decided in the 1st? Wasn't there, but I'd say MG pp and pk had a huge impact. Blaine must have just given up, no way you should get embarrassed like that in a section final!
The penalty completely decided the game. If Blaine isn't in a 4-0 hole, 5 minutes into the game, that game is drastically different. I think MG still would have won, but when you have to dig yourself out of a 4-0 hole it changes your mental game too. When you play a team with as good of a powerplay as MG, you don't take penalties, simple as that.
Blaine had there opportunity to capitalize on MG 5 minute major, but nothing transpired due to Blaine not being as talented and deep like MG
I'm not disagreeing, but if you watched Blaine's powerplay it looked like they were trying to score all 4 goals as fast as they possibly could. Didn't set up on their PP, rushed shots, etc. Maple Grove was better than Blaine in every aspect of the game, I will not debate that, and for someone who has watched that section pretty closely for the last 6 or 7 years, I'm happy to see a team like Maple Grove get a shot at the big dance. Great reward for the kids on that team that have worked their tails off since Mites. They are going to make a big splash next week at the X and are going to be very fun to watch.

royals03

Post by royals03 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:02 am

Congrats to MG it is one thing for Blaine to see their 6 year reign come to an end, it is another to be skull drug across the ice. Good luck at state.

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 am

Does anyone feel like this game destroys Easts chance at the title....

Crusty

Post by Crusty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:23 am

Turk182 wrote:What I don't understand is all the complaining about the penalty in the opening seconds of the game. First off it was a bad decision by Brodzinski. Secondly it's not Maple Groves fault that Blaine didn't come prepared to play at the start of the game. Do you think that this was Blaines first 5 minute major??? :roll:

Sorry but where are the complaints about the ridiculous 5 min major called on Maple Grove. The penalty should have righted the ship for Blaine but it didn't. Even if they could have managed a couple goals of their own it still wouldn't have mattered. IMO Maple Grove is clearly the better team. Enough said..,
Turk, you are correct. The makeup penalty call the refs made on MG was just that, a makeup call to give Blaine a chance to get back in the game. But unfortunatley Blaine does not have the talent to match MG. It was pretty evident the 2 times that they played each other this year who the better team was. After the first 6 minutes you could see the life taken away from the Blaine kids.

slyer

Post by slyer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

what a run for the blaine, nothing to hang your head about, mg finally made it for the first time, could be there last enjoy it

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 am

allstatebenders wrote:Does anyone feel like this game destroys Easts chance at the title....
No.
Go Hounds.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 am

St. Paul Johnson was down 5-1 going into the third period. They could have rolled over and gave up. Instead they fought hard for everything possible and pulled out the win in OT. Blaine gave up 4 goals in the first 4 minutes. Thats embarrassing! No other way to sugar coat it than that. How many 5 minute majors were called this season? Lots!! How many times did the team score 4 goals on the power play. I would bet not that many, if at all.

Granted Maple Grove has loads more talent that WBL, but this is the same thing. Where is the senior leadership stepping up? Where are the coaches trying to motivate the kids? I didnt see any of that happen.

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Tigers33 wrote:St. Paul Johnson was down 5-1 going into the third period. They could have rolled over and gave up. Instead they fought hard for everything possible and pulled out the win in OT. Blaine gave up 4 goals in the first 4 minutes. Thats embarrassing! No other way to sugar coat it than that. How many 5 minute majors were called this season? Lots!! How many times did the team score 4 goals on the power play. I would bet not that many, if at all.

Granted Maple Grove has loads more talent that WBL, but this is the same thing. Where is the senior leadership stepping up? Where are the coaches trying to motivate the kids? I didnt see any of that happen.
Lets not attack the Blaine seniors and staff, I'm sure they are already embarrassed enough. If you were at the game you would have seen there wasn't much Blaine could do. Maple Grove was clearly better, a player took an early penalty which dug Blaine a hole it could not climb out of. There was no way they could play catch up with Maple Grove and after that it seems the kids just kind of gave up

Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Does anyone know if this game is being replayed? If so, what time, channel etc

icedad

Post by icedad » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Nobodyonya wrote:Does anyone know if this game is being replayed? If so, what time, channel etc
Northwest Suburbs
Channel 12 event replay schedule
5AA Section Boys Hockey [1 hour, 59 minutes]
Blaine vs. Maple Grove
Recorded: Friday, March 2, 2012

Saturday, March 3 – 8am
Saturday, March 3 – 11pm
Sunday, March 4 – 3am
Sunday, March 4 – 11:30am
Sunday, March 4 – 5pm

the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 pm

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:St. Paul Johnson was down 5-1 going into the third period. They could have rolled over and gave up. Instead they fought hard for everything possible and pulled out the win in OT. Blaine gave up 4 goals in the first 4 minutes. Thats embarrassing! No other way to sugar coat it than that. How many 5 minute majors were called this season? Lots!! How many times did the team score 4 goals on the power play. I would bet not that many, if at all.

Lets not attack the Blaine seniors and staff, I'm sure they are already embarrassed enough. If you were at the game you would have seen there wasn't much Blaine could do. Maple Grove was clearly better, a player took an early penalty which dug Blaine a hole it could not climb out of. There was no way they could play catch up with Maple Grove and after that it seems the kids just kind of gave up
if the players, as you say, gave up--they deserved to get ripped on

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 am

What player did not give up? Seniors should of showed some leadership and did not

The Gumper

Post by The Gumper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 am

HockeyGuy81 wrote:I enjoyed Aus spending 30 seconds bitching to the ref after the initial penalty rather than getting his team ready for the penalty kill. Nothing like getting your kids in the mind set that they're getting screwed by the refs rather than getting them to compete.

Also enjoyed him and his staff raising their arm in the air every time they felt a penalty should have been called. Wish I would have counted the amount of times that happened.
Is Aus the former Centennial coach?

the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 am

The Gumper wrote:

no--brother I believe

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:00 am

the_juiceman wrote:
The Gumper wrote:

no--brother I believe
I believe they are cousins