#2 Maple Grove vs Hill Murray 3/8 @ 11am

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Maple Grove
61%
Hill Murray
39%

Total votes: 93

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Backbreaker right there. If MG had a chance to get back in this, HM just snuffed it out.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

How was that not 5 minutes for head contact?

The officials aren't costing MG the game, I am just pointing out the hypocracy of the MSHSL (and Lou Nanne)
Last edited by goldy313 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

goldy313 wrote:How was that not 5 minutes for head contact?
Sure looked like it on the replay, didn't it?

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Sats81 wrote:Anyone wanna argue with me now on Lechner being the best HS coach in the state? Said this in a post about a month ago...
Yes! :D

It just took some time for the new starters to get used to each other. When a team can play at this caliber after losing a ton it should be obvious....... Hand picked All Stars will make anybody look good.

Good coach, but don't get carried away. :wink:
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hockeymannorth wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Hill with the only "upset" of the 1st round.

:idea:
its hard to think of it as a upset when you recuit top players and most play and go to school for free thanks alumni for the new House and car too
wow...someone is really hurt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can bring you some cheese with that whine

HM doesn't need to recruit, they are doing enough right now with this game
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hockeymannorth wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Hill with the only "upset" of the 1st round.

:idea:
its hard to think of it as a upset when you recuit top players and most play and go to school for free thanks alumni for the new House and car too
wow...someone is really hurt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can bring you some cheese with that whine

HM doesn't need to recruit, they are doing enough right now with this game
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
rainier

Post by rainier »

It appears quarterfinal blowouts are not exclusively a Class A phenomenon. :D
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

east hockey wrote:

Lee
Guentzel took an elbow/shoulder right to the head earlier in the 2nd, no call, These things even out
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
SChockey

Post by SChockey »

Doesn't even seem like MG has the man advantage.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Anyone wanna argue with me now on Lechner being the best HS coach in the state? Said this in a post about a month ago...

It just took some time for the new starters to get used to each other. When a team can play at this caliber after losing a ton it should be obvious....... Hand picked All Stars will make anybody look good.

Recruit, don't recruit, it doesn't matter. Publics recruit as well. Plus, it takes a good coach to manage all the "all stars". Who is better than Lechner?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I do have to admit, Friday night at the X is more fun with Hill-Murray present & accounted for.

As good as BSM is, and they'd make tomorrow night fun too, HM in the first game with a Duluth East-Edina Friday night would be, to me, as good as it gets.
thecrimsonballer

Post by thecrimsonballer »

No need for Koop to worry about the senior goalie of the year award any longer.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

thecrimsonballer wrote:No need for Koop to worry about the senior goalie of the year award any longer.
No kidding.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Sats81 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

Recruit, don't recruit, it doesn't matter. Publics recruit as well. Plus, it takes a good coach to manage all the "all stars". Who is better than Lechner?
I guess the coaches of the NHL All-Star game would look better.. :wink: :lol:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Does this make Section 5AA look bad.... First they win the section final 15 - 1, and now they are getting smoked in the quarter final at state.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Koop can't stop a beach ball and the boys are flat as a pancake out in front of him. Deflated, demoralized and done. Was looking forward to Maple Grove crew getting to "Friday Night Lights". Will take a BIG turn around.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

sachishi4 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Guentzel took an elbow/shoulder right to the head earlier in the 2nd, no call, These things even out
According to the rule these things are supposed to be black and white now though, evening out isn't supposed to happen . Your elbow goes into someone's face it's supposed to 5 minutes, no question no debate. That is what the rule change was supposed to be addressed.

How are the kids supposed to ever figure this out? The MG kid was clearly leading with his head, the defenseman either can't play the body and back into his goaltender or take the body and get what should have been a 5 minute major.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Sats81 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

Every stinking team in the state recruits and gets transfers. MG has 3 or 4 "transfers". I don't care how many supposed all-stars that Hill has, when you can return 1 defenseman and 5 forwards, an a new starter, and become the team that Hill is right now, it has everything to do with coaching. MG returned almost every player from last year and has just as much skill as Hill. Coaching wins championships. Period.
slyer

Post by slyer »

he never should have been in the running for best senior goalie anyhow, i don't think that koop won many games for mg they put alot of pucks in the net , never would have thought hill would win like this
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Crimson frustration is showing.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

MG losing composure fast. Don't play like the NoDak Sue. We are all better than that
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: Yes! :D

Every stinking team in the state recruits and gets transfers. MG has 3 or 4 "transfers". I don't care how many supposed all-stars that Hill has, when you can return 1 defenseman and 5 forwards, an a new starter, and become the team that Hill is right now, it has everything to do with coaching. MG returned almost every player from last year and has just as much skill as Hill. Coaching wins championships. Period.
Quite a few of the Hill Murray players were the best in their youth association. If being able to "manage All-Stars" represents the state's best coach..........
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

sachishi4 wrote:MG losing composure fast. Don't play like the NoDak Sue. We are all better than that
I do believe the Sioux are 12th in the nation right now, yes? :wink:
Uncharacteristic penalties this late won't help MG this late in trying to make a comeback.
thecrimsonballer

Post by thecrimsonballer »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Koop can't stop a beach ball and the boys are flat as a pancake out in front of him. Deflated, demoralized and done. Was looking forward to Maple Grove crew getting to "Friday Night Lights". Will take a BIG turn around.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Recruit, don't recruit, it doesn't matter. Publics recruit as well. Plus, it takes a good coach to manage all the "all stars". Who is better than Lechner?
Quite a few of the Hill Murray players were the best in their youth association. If being able to "manage All-Stars" represents the state's best coach..........
You told me not to get carried away saying Lechner was the best HS coach in the state. I asked who's better and you have this smart a@! Response bc you realize I'm right. Whos ur pick bojangles? Maybe Plante from Hermantown is close. Other than that, no one.