#4 Edina vs BSM 3/8 @ 8PM

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

BSM
60%
Edina
40%

Total votes: 84

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Not too often when you see a sizable majority of those voting in the poll are picking the unseeded team to win.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Edina's youth will start to show. BSM's firepower will overwelm the Green "Cake Eatin'" Hornwads
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Not too often when you see a sizable majority of those voting in the poll are picking the unseeded team to win.
The seedings were wrong......
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Redlight wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Not too often when you see a sizable majority of those voting in the poll are picking the unseeded team to win.
Right now more people have picked Moorhead than Eagan in that poll, does that mean that they got that one wrong as well? :roll:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Redlight wrote:
That's what I was getting at.... :wink:
Tornadoes 2003StateChamps

Post by Tornadoes 2003StateChamps »

BSM 6
Edina 2
CRS

Post by CRS »

BSM 3-2 ot
blueblood

hornets vs. red knights

Post by blueblood »

Edina will prevail on the smaller rink.

Edina - 4
Bsm - 1
green4

Post by green4 »

zyzxx wrote:
icehornet wrote:
green4 wrote:as long as Benjamin got all his jitters out at the Bville game i think Edina moves on to the semi's in a tight one
This is going to be key for the Hornets. BSM has way more firepower on the offensive side compared to Burnsville and they will be throwing everything on net. Edina's D will have to keep as much as they can to the outside and Benjamin will have to really be on for the Hornets to win. If they can get the first goal or two it would go a long way calming the nerves of a very young team.
Benjamin has done a great job all year and I am sure will continue to play great as usual:) wondering who the back G up will be? what is the status of Beaupre's injury?
Beaupre has been healthy for a while he is fine, he won't play though he is probably the 5th or 6th best goalie in Edina and im being 100% realistic with that Benjamin both JGA goalies, one JV goalie and then a JGB goalie who has bad grades so could not make JV and then probably Beaupre
Orty

Post by Orty »

Edina - 5
BSM - 1

The magic wears off now that they (BSM) start playing some real teams. I know what they did in sections, but their regular season is a joke. Like most privates.

Orty
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

green4 wrote:Beaupre has been healthy for a while he is fine, he won't play though he is probably the 5th or 6th best goalie in Edina and im being 100% realistic with that Benjamin both JGA goalies, one JV goalie and then a JGB goalie who has bad grades so could not make JV and then probably Beaupre
But not the Girls Varsity goalie? Sheesh, cut the kid some slack. You're just speculating when you throw out that many names.

Edina actually had a girl play goalie for the Boys team more than 20 years ago. True.
Be kind. Rewind.
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

Orty wrote:Edina - 5
BSM - 1

The magic wears off now that they (BSM) start playing some real teams. I know what they did in sections, but their regular season is a joke. Like most privates.

Orty
I think the magic is just getting started! :lol:
Benilde 4
Edina 2
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.
green4

Post by green4 »

O-townClown wrote:
green4 wrote:Beaupre has been healthy for a while he is fine, he won't play though he is probably the 5th or 6th best goalie in Edina and im being 100% realistic with that Benjamin both JGA goalies, one JV goalie and then a JGB goalie who has bad grades so could not make JV and then probably Beaupre
But not the Girls Varsity goalie? Sheesh, cut the kid some slack. You're just speculating when you throw out that many names.

Edina actually had a girl play goalie for the Boys team more than 20 years ago. True.
not speculating played against the kid and those other goalies, he is 5 foot 6 and is not very fast in net. i would much rather have the jv goalie in before him if it was a big game. also the game he got hurt the edina high school section cheered as he limped of the ice and they replaced him with benjamin. that should tell you how the high school kids thinks of him
AimHigh

Post by AimHigh »

green4 wrote:
O-townClown wrote:

not speculating played against the kid and those other goalies, he is 5 foot 6 and is not very fast in net. i would much rather have the jv goalie in before him if it was a big game. also the game he got hurt the edina high school section cheered as he limped of the ice and they replaced him with benjamin. that should tell you how the high school kids thinks of him
Lack of moral character, integrity and good sportsmanship of the high school kids (and the poster) is what that tells me. :oops:
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

O-townClown wrote:

I know of whom you are speaking and she never played a Varsity game. Never even sat on the bench.
Last edited by Sunsetcliffs98 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
5thgraders

Post by 5thgraders »

What do you expect the truth from someone who lives in plantatation. 124 shots 6 goals. :wink:
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:
O-townClown wrote:

I know of whom you are speaking and she never played a Varsity game. Never even sat on the bench.
Edina had a girl goalie in 1990-1991. She started a section game against the Richfield team led by Darby Hendrickson. Richfield won the game.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

I think this game comes down to how closely the refs will call this game. Edina plays a rough and physical style and BSM basically avoids playing the body at all cost. If Edina can keep it a 5 on 5 game, I think they have a great chance to win. If not, BSMs speed and skill will favor them.
TheClipper

Post by TheClipper »

Look for Augustus Caesar in one of the luxury suites, as fat christians are thrown to even fatter lions.

Ugly. Ugly. Ugly. Everyone wear a toga.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Jenny Hanley started Ikola's last game coached, 1991, a 4-2 loss to Richfield, who was led by the Hendrickson's & Brandon Steege.

As for this game, I think it will be interesting to see how Giles will match up lines and take advantage of the last change. If I had to guess, I'm thinking that Lou Nanne & Grant Besse are going to see a lot of each other. But perhaps, it won't be that way and Giles will want to just match firepower with firepower and have Hurley & Malmquist playing up & down against the Besse-Labosky line. Should be an interesting chess match. I do think Edina's depth is underrated; they may not be on the scoresheet as much as the top line, but they can dictate play with their own styles. Should be interesting to watch.

I think the popular pick is BSM because of how they looked against Tonka and how Edina's goalie looked against Burnsville. For that reason, I'm saying BSM "blew their wad" (go ahead & edit me Karl & Lee, I won't feel any ill will), going with no common sense, and going with Edina, 4-3, no OT.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Doc Holliday wrote: Should be an interesting chess match. I do think Edina's depth is underrated; they may not be on the scoresheet as much as the top line, but they can dictate play with their own styles. Should be interesting to watch.
I'd agree with this, and also with the person who said reffing may be a factor. If they let the teams play--as they tend to do at State--that will help Edina. If the Hornets set a physical tone early on, that will change the complexion of the game. If Benilde can get the track meet they want, they'll be in good shape.
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

I think the main thing you have to look at is not the top lines of each team because we know those are great. I think that you have to look at the 2nd and 3rd lines and how they will match up against each other it should be interesting because Benilde does have a strong 2nd Line. I haven't seen Edina play at all this year so any comments would be great to hear about how those lines would match up.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

For the past two years, Edina has brought a different team to state. In 2010, an underperforming season led to a big surprise championship over an exhausted Tonka. In 2011, a great season led to a completely forgettable 4th place finish. Which team shows up this year? I think they overperformed this season, and they'll get taken down hard by a BSM team that's finally running on all cylinders. The only reason I can think Edina got the seed is because they're coming from first seed in the second weakest section.

But I like this match-up for BSM's sake, even if the seeders wear green. Probably the easiest quarter final of 2A.

BSM 6 - Edina 2
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

Shinbone_News wrote:For the past two years, Edina has brought a different team to state. In 2010, an underperforming season led to a big surprise championship over an exhausted Tonka. In 2011, a great season led to a completely forgettable 4th place finish. Which team shows up this year? I think they overperformed this season, and they'll get taken down hard by a BSM team that's finally running on all cylinders. The only reason I can think Edina got the seed is because they're coming from first seed in the second weakest section.

But I like this match-up for BSM's sake, even if the seeders wear green. Probably the easiest quarter final of 2A.
BSM 6 - Edina 2
Interesting....I would think that Duluth East's quarter final match-up would be easier than this one....
green4

Post by green4 »

AimHigh wrote:
green4 wrote:
O-townClown wrote: But not the Girls Varsity goalie? Sheesh, cut the kid some slack. You're just speculating when you throw out that many names.

Lack of moral character, integrity and good sportsmanship of the high school kids (and the poster) is what that tells me. :oops:
or maybe the high school kids realize hey its kind of unfair to give the assistant coaches kid the spot on the team when he is maybe not as good as a couple of other goalies. especially the JGA goalie when its his senior year too and he wants to play high school hockey but he gets cut because his dad was not coach. Ya it was wrong to cheer when he got hurt but the high school kids know he does not deserve that spot on the team. and also your post makes little sense on how it reflects on me, i was stating my opinion on how i thought he is not as good as some goalies in the lower systems of Edina i at no point claimed i was cheering as he got hurt, in fact i was not at the game i heard this from a friend. So from what i just took out of this is that i am lacking moral character, integrity and good sportsmanship because i told you what Edina high schoolers did when the back up goalie got hurt? i did not know telling a story made me lack such qualities... maybe read the whole thing and try to interpret what i am saying before typing something ridiculous