State A Quarterfinal: Little Falls vs [2] St. Thomas Academy

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

St. Thomas Academy
64%
Little Falls
36%

Total votes: 56

HSH1212

State A Quarterfinal: Little Falls vs [2] St. Thomas Academy

Post by HSH1212 »

Little Falls (19-9) takes on St. Thomas Academy (23-5) in a state A quarterfinal game. Who wins?

Date: Wednesday, March 6
Time: 11:00 am
Place: Xcel Energy Center
rainier

Post by rainier »

Stumpf will need to stand on his head, catch fire, and be unconscious all at the same time for the Flyers to have a shot.

6-1 STA
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I'd like to see LF keep this one close, but on paper this may be the most lopsided of the quarterfinals. My choice:

DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

STA or the metro all star team. I'm sure They cut more skaters than LF can roster.

The private hockey academy continues to play A hockey??????

I will continue to cheer for the small out state communities.

Lost cause or Miracle on ice!!!
HSH1212

Post by HSH1212 »

karl(east) wrote:I'd like to see LF keep this one close, but on paper this may be the most lopsided of the quarterfinals. My choice:

So Joey Hanowski will be taking a page out of his brother's book and saluting the St. Thomas student section?
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

I sure hope that will not happen
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

STA can have trouble scoring sometimes but they play great team d. 3-1 STA
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

Miracle on ice is right, but let's remember, STA is sitting with the #2 seed. That seed didn't work out so well for teams like EP, White Bear, AV, New Prague, and Alex in sections. I think everyone outside of those close to STA players will be pulling for the Flyers!
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

karl(east) wrote:I'd like to see LF keep this one close, but on paper this may be the most lopsided of the quarterfinals. My choice:

Shouldn't this picture be a guy Cadet? Just saying..
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

little falls should not be at the X so they deserved to draw this game. it will be ugly!...and laughable
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

OK bitter Cathedral man. We shall see.
puckster15

Post by puckster15 »

Didn't LF lost to Hermantown by a score of 2-0? And Hermantown beat TG 7-3 which STA had to take into OT?

Seems it has a chance to be a lot closer than you all think.
Northern Defender

Post by Northern Defender »

If Little Falls and Stumpf play like they can, it will be a one goal game. Little Falls 3 STA 2 OT.
DANO32

Post by DANO32 »

northern_guy wrote:little falls should not be at the X so they deserved to draw this game. it will be ugly!...and laughable
Why do you say that? To be honest I could completely see the flyers upsetting the cadets. However stumpf will have to be on top of his game Which doesn't worry me the thing with the flyers is will the offense come?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

DANO32 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:little falls should not be at the X so they deserved to draw this game. it will be ugly!...and laughable
Why do you say that? To be honest I could completely see the flyers upsetting the cadets. However stumpf will have to be on top of his game Which doesn't worry me the thing with the flyers is will the offense come?
I have a feeling Little Falls will have just as much trouble scoring on St Thomas as they did on Hermantown, let alone getting quality shots off. I expect a low scoring shut out. 3-0 STA
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

I like the Cadets to win this one. Greater depth, and team speed. Plus, they have the D core to shut down they Flyers' top line.

Cadets 6 - Flyers 0

No saluting the crowd this year boys :wink:
DANO32

Post by DANO32 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
DANO32 wrote:
I have a feeling Little Falls will have just as much trouble scoring on St Thomas as they did on Hermantown, let alone getting quality shots off. I expect a low scoring shut out. 3-0 STA

Agreed they just don't have the offensive firepower of the ben hanowski led teams.
blueblood

Cadets vs. flyers

Post by blueblood »

Cadets shoot down flyers easily.

STA - 7
LF - 2
Hoc2x21

Flyers

Post by Hoc2x21 »

The Flyers will be on the receiving end of a military style assault. They will need dig deep and find the strength to match STAs relentless attack. Stumph will need to have his best game.
The Flyers have the ability to play at a high level but maybe not at STAs level.
I will be there rootin for the Flyers to deliver the upset of STA.

Good Luck Flyers! I wish nothing but Bad Luck to the Cadets!
Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy »

Can't see this one being close. 8-1 is my GUESS....
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

Your post bodes well for Little Falls.

Your last two predictions on SCC vs. Rogers were right on weren't they?? (SCC wins 9 out of 10 times or something like that?) SOG prediction 40 - 17? Maybe the kids were listening to much to you in class and thought they didn't have to show up. Didn't we lose twice to Rogers this year?

The maturity of your posts (usally done during morning study hall or in the evening after mom has fixed you a snack) shows that you need to get back to class before Mr. Joyce finds your IPhone and takes it away from you!!!!

As for the Game: Of course Little Falls has a chance as evidenced by their game with Hermantown. History shows that this team hung with the best team in Class A. That being said, I think STA is too gifted and will take down the Fliers 4-2. But I'm pulling for Little Falls, Go Fliers!!!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

STA 5-1.
4thlineproblems

Post by 4thlineproblems »

I think STA will wear them down with their depth and win in the 3rd 4-1. But i do think LF will win the consolation bracket
defense

Post by defense »

Little Falls has a chance. They have to play their game. IF Little Falls can be in the game after a period I believe it will be a dog fight and they may well take it. They will have to skate with their confidence and swagger, but also work hard and grind it out. Their goalie will need to be solid, but their defense will have to play outstanding.

I think this one will be a great game, I don't think that the Flyers have enough though. The Cadets will be able to accomplish some miss-matched shifts and that will likely be the difference.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

4thlineproblems wrote:I think STA will wear them down with their depth and win in the 3rd 4-1. But i do think LF will win the consolation bracket
I think they will meet DM/Breck in the cons. finals. If it is Breck, I doubt they have a shot. If it is DM and they can control Judd, then they have a shot. Otherwise, I expect 1-2.