Eat, Sleep, Hockey Movie behind the scenes

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CasseauCougar

Eat, Sleep, Hockey Movie behind the scenes

Post by CasseauCougar »

So does anyone have the real story of what really happened at the Colleseum Friday night with one of the movie's subjects AND his head coach? This is what was NOT shown in the movie, the dark side.
Puckguy19

Re: Eat, Sleep, Hockey Movie behind the scenes

Post by Puckguy19 »

CasseauCougar wrote:So does anyone have the real story of what really happened at the Colleseum Friday night with one of the movie's subjects AND his head coach? This is what was NOT shown in the movie, the dark side.
OK, I'll bite, who did what to whom?
headsup

Post by headsup »

You mean how Pappa B got tossed after his kid got the 5-10 in the first period... or what are you referring to?
easton18

Post by easton18 »

Are you referring to the incident outside the referees locker room following the 1st period involving a certain Blaine dad?
phil mccracken

Post by phil mccracken »

Best mullet of all the hockey dads.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

phil mccracken wrote:Best mullet of all the hockey dads.
Maybe of the dads, but Coach Scott for Blaine has the best mullet over all (can't make that look up).

Anyway, ran into someone that was there Friday that said Daddy B actually got kicked out twice (probably misplaced his lucky coin during his chit-chat with the refs). Also heard that the Blaine Head Coach had to be restrained. All of this precipitated an announcement over the PA asking everyone to behave. Nice!

One side note about Coach Aus, total class in his quotes to the paper the next day. Kudos Dave (seriously).
easton18

Post by easton18 »

CasseauCougar wrote:
phil mccracken wrote:Best mullet of all the hockey dads.
Maybe of the dads, but Coach Scott for Blaine has the best mullet over all (can't make that look up).

Anyway, ran into someone that was there Friday that said Daddy B actually got kicked out twice (probably misplaced his lucky coin during his chit-chat with the refs). Also heard that the Blaine Head Coach had to be restrained. All of this precipitated an announcement over the PA asking everyone to behave. Nice!

One side note about Coach Aus, total class in his quotes to the paper the next day. Kudos Dave (seriously).
Yeah I happened to be walking out of the mens room right by the officials locker room when his little chit-chat got underway. Didn't stay for the whole show, but from what I saw, not surprised at all he got kicked out. He was pretty upset with the officials, to say the least.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Just making sure everyone is aware that the movie is based on last season...

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Big shocker Brodzinski would be pissed about his kid getting a penalty. Grow up let the kids play, sit back and enjoy the game.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

That guy is an absolute beauty.
bringbackchecking

Post by bringbackchecking »

Sats81 wrote:That guy is an absolute beauty.
The hockey version of toddlers and tiaras.

:cry:
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

I am not to familiar with the movie you guys are conversing about. All I know is it is a fundraiser for Blaine and Centennial which they profile 2 hockey families. So what and why is this movie a big deal? There are numerous families within the Metro area that are hockey oriented. I must be in the dark on this one
4thlineproblems

Post by 4thlineproblems »

For those who havent seen it here is a link to watch it online for free. Its really short but very well made.

http://www.northmetrotv.com/news/newsit ... temid=6077
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Watched the movie.. Did the refs have another epiic fail last year in the Centennial - Maple Grove game with the dissallowed goal? :shock:

As you can see, Mike just wears his passion for Hockey on his sleeve. Easy for people to say things when the jealous bone gets to ya.

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

If you can put aside the fact that you may know the people in the movie, its a well made movie by a bunch of kids that are attempting to do what they love and learning a few things along the way. The people that put this together put alot of time and energy in the movie and deserve alot of accolades.

Now, I do not know any of the kids that put this together, but I do know the Brodzinski's, and trust me, they do Eat, Sleep and live for hockey.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

MrBoDangles wrote:As you can see, Mike just wears his passion for Hockey on his sleeve. Easy for people to say things when the jealous bone gets to ya.

Ya, right, passion. Heard Mikey brought that "passion" to the stands of his son's Juniors team and was pretty impressive too. I'll be honest, I think this "hockey's my whole life, my life, my life I'd cease to exist without it" really makes everyone in hockey look bad. The movie truely did look like a Minnesota version of The Tournament. There are plenty of very commited, hardworking kids and families that have a more rational perspective.

Lest we forget, Robbie McConnell wanted to be a dancer. \:D/
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

So if your life is only hockey what happens when hockey stops for you?
Are your grades good enough to go to school?
I really enjoy hockey but kids need to also have other things beyond hockey. School being the biggest thing. FYI most people don't make the NHL or make a living from hockey.
observer

Post by observer »

Heard Mikey brought that "passion" to the stands of his son's Juniors team and was pretty impressive too.
I'd love to hear about that? Most parents learn to keep their mouth shut after Squirts.
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

Hockey isn't everything, Big Mike.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Hscout000 wrote: FYI most people don't make the NHL or make a living from hockey.
Forget that, Scout. Let's even take the ones that DO make the NHL. Then what? Even if you do make it that far, you still need other life skills.

Your point is on the mark, but I'll even take it a step further.
Be kind. Rewind.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

O-townClown wrote:
Hscout000 wrote: FYI most people don't make the NHL or make a living from hockey.
Forget that, Scout. Let's even take the ones that DO make the NHL. Then what? Even if you do make it that far, you still need other life skills.

Your point is on the mark, but I'll even take it a step further.
Exactly. I know plenty of ex-NHL'rs who played at least 4-7 yrs in the show and many of them, NOT ALL of them struggle with their lives and attempting to move on to something else. For a lot of them, it was and is all that they know. Most people have this misconception: "oh, they were a pro athlete, they have all this money, blah, blah, blah" believe me, when you are making a few hundred k/yr-even up to a few mill/yr and live the lifestyle a lot of them live, it is certainly not going to last them the rest of their lives and many struggle badly with their 'post-athletic' life. Sad but true.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

For some people earning a scholarship (even playing tuba) is life.
For some, travel in a rv - is life.
For some, being able to spend time with family - is life.
For some, doing what they love - is life.
Sounds like they're able in all these things.......... through Hockey!

I'll bet they're doing what they love...... And I'll bet the money that's been invested will be more than covered in scholarships and connections.

Same for you?

It's time to get off the high horses. :roll:
gitter

Post by gitter »

observer wrote:Most parents learn to keep their mouth shut after Squirts.
I'm not sure where you've been, but parents are the most vocal, biased, and illogical thing you can find in a hockey rink these days. All I hear is parents at every level complain about everything from coaches, to ice time, to refs - it's enough to make you sick.

Apparently you have not seen Lucia's speech about "people believe I have the best job in the world coaching a premier college team such as the Gophers. The reality is, the best coaching job in the world would be coaching a group of kids from an orphanage."
RUKidding

Post by RUKidding »

gitter wrote:
Lucia's speech about "people believe I have the best job in the world coaching a premier college team such as the Gophers. The reality is, the best coaching job in the world would be coaching a group of kids from an orphanage."
I love that one !

=D>
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

RUKidding wrote:
gitter wrote:
Lucia's speech about "people believe I have the best job in the world coaching a premier college team such as the Gophers. The reality is, the best coaching job in the world would be coaching a group of kids from an orphanage."
I love that one !

=D>
Wonder if the Mario's coach at Penticton has that same wish :)