AA ticket process

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hshockeyfan53

AA ticket process

Post by hshockeyfan53 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Can somebody explain to me the process how I would get tickets for the AA semi-finals and finals? I heard something in the Duluth paper about a voucher process if you buy AA quarterfinal tickets. Any truth to this? If somebody could explain that would be great! Why don't they just sell the tickets on Ticketmaster rather than having people wait in line?

Duluth 4

Re: AA ticket process

Post by Duluth 4 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 pm

hshockeyfan53 wrote:Can somebody explain to me the process how I would get tickets for the AA semi-finals and finals? I heard something in the Duluth paper about a voucher process if you buy AA quarterfinal tickets. Any truth to this? If somebody could explain that would be great! Why don't they just sell the tickets on Ticketmaster rather than having people wait in line?
You get the voucher if you buy the tickets through a school, through DE for sure.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.

hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Duluth 4 wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote:Can somebody explain to me the process how I would get tickets for the AA semi-finals and finals? I heard something in the Duluth paper about a voucher process if you buy AA quarterfinal tickets. Any truth to this? If somebody could explain that would be great! Why don't they just sell the tickets on Ticketmaster rather than having people wait in line?
You get the voucher if you buy the tickets through a school, through DE for sure.
Well how does the voucher work? Does it guarantee me semi and finals tickets?

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
Duluth 4 wrote:
Well how does the voucher work? Does it guarantee me semi and finals tickets?
Only if East (or whichever school you buy them from) makes it to the semifinals/final. And even then, you have to go to the Xcel Center sometime around noon on the day of the game and stand in line with a bunch of other people holding those vouchers to redeem them. It's not efficient, but it will guarantee you a decent seat, and the line isn't quite as long as the main ticket line.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think East was the only school that used this voucher process last year. Maybe Moorhead would, too, but I believe the Metro schools just sell the tickets at the school. They use the vouchers for East because a lot of people spend the entire weekend in the Cities.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:53 pm

H-M always sells their's at the school. You put in a request in an envelope and find out later if you get tickets. If they get to Saturday night, it is just a first come first served system at the school.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

East has their own system. For everyone else:

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20136

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

anybody know what times the quaterfinal AA tickets go on sale for the a.m and p.m games? I'm assuming an hour before but would like to know for sure

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm

wisconsinprephockey wrote:anybody know what times the quaterfinal AA tickets go on sale for the a.m and p.m games? I'm assuming an hour before but would like to know for sure
Yes, an hour before.

The line may already be very long by that point, but it moves quickly.