State tournament on DirecTV

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

canadianeagle1

State tournament on DirecTV

Post by canadianeagle1 »

Can I find the state tournament on DirecTV? If so, what channel?

Thank you
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

Does anyone know what channel it would be on for DISH TV for those that are out of state?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

This is just a shot in the dark, but I believe the games are only televised on basic cable. I could be wrong...

8)
The Puck
LGW
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

If you have DirectTV and are considered part of the Minneapolis market, it is on channel 45 in the local package.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

I'm pretty sure you'll find it on either Channel 12 or 45.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Broadcast is on WDIO/WIRT in the Duluth Area and Range cities. Consult local directories for what channel. Games are on channel 10 if you have DirecTV.
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

It looks like your out of luck in northwest mn with direct tv .
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

not sure about northern MN , but last year I had Directv and they had the Tourney on WDIO in Duluth, ( ABC ) but the guide didn't say the games were on, it had normal programming.. Dish has the Tourney listed on the Guide..

Obviously Out of state will not show the Minnesota hockey tourney.. But it will be streamed on 45 i believe,plus here
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28563
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

Thank God for prep 45 next year its back to cable for me. I have direct in the detroit lakes area and there is no television coverage.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Just gotta call up DirecTV and if we bug them enough, they'll take it on.

I called in and submitted my "complaint" and requested they add it as a HD channel.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

Are the games anywhere online so I can watch them?
The Greatness is always the Best
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

The Greatness wrote:Are the games anywhere online so I can watch them?
prep45.com I believe is the site
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

Do people in the cities get the tourney in HD? Like true 1080i HD? Up north here Channel 10 out of Duluth isn't broadcasting in HD. Why not?
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:Do people in the cities get the tourney in HD? Like true 1080i HD? Up north here Channel 10 out of Duluth isn't broadcasting in HD. Why not?
Some issue with Directv and local coverage.. I have DIsh now, and one of the MANY better improvements is local channels in HD
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

DuluthMMA wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote:Do people in the cities get the tourney in HD? Like true 1080i HD? Up north here Channel 10 out of Duluth isn't broadcasting in HD. Why not?
Some issue with Directv and local coverage.. I have DIsh now, and one of the MANY better improvements is local channels in HD
Yeah I know that Dish has the local channels in HD but is the tourney actually in HD up here? I put rabbit ears on my HD tv because I thought I would get the tourney in HD but it's still not true HD.
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
The Greatness wrote:Are the games anywhere online so I can watch them?
prep45.com I believe is the site
thank you. you just saved my day
The Greatness is always the Best
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

DuluthMMA wrote:Some issue with Directv and local coverage.. I have DIsh now, and one of the MANY better improvements is local channels in HD
Directv has local channels in HD, too, they have for years. Neither Dish nor Directv have 45 in HD however. I believe Comcast does have it in HD, but I don't know if the tourney is even shot/broadcast in HD?
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

I plugged in my rabbit ears and it looks like it's upconverted to HD. Crappy picture but better and more colorful than SD picture. I'd call it about 600i. :wink:
Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
DuluthMMA wrote:
Yeah I know that Dish has the local channels in HD but is the tourney actually in HD up here? I put rabbit ears on my HD tv because I thought I would get the tourney in HD but it's still not true HD.
You do realize that 1080i isn't true HD right?...you need 1080P for "TRUE" HD and a HD tv
Video Guy

Re: State tournament on DirecTV

Post by Video Guy »

canadianeagle1 wrote:Can I find the state tournament on DirecTV? If so, what channel?

Thank you
This is NOT in HD its up converted CH 45 is not HD and the other channels that is affiliated can broadcast in HD but it starts with the cameras they are not HD. The cost to Hubbard to put in HD cameras it would then go on Ch5 there is no money in HS sports plan and simple. It looks fine for HS
Twin Cities Video & DVD, Inc. Sport Video Coverage
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

@DarrenWolfson wrote: Benilde-Hill-Murray local TV rating w/ men 25-54: 7.0 overall, peak of 8.3. Likely beats every sporting event locally since the Super Bowl.
:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls