NTDP Tryouts - 2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

If they spend 4-5 million dollars than how much do they bring in revenue, Mr Upset Parent.

Do they attend public schooling?
How much do they get from the NHL teams?
How much do they make off advertising?
Yeam revenue as a whole?

Whats wrong with the program? 40 kids or so are getting a chance to play against some of the best competition around the country each year.

I think USA is the best country at complaining.
observer

Post by observer »

Very impressed with Walker in the State Tourney and would place him ahead of Glover and Collins. A better combination of skills and game sense.
Last edited by observer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
armhockey

Post by armhockey »

what about Gersich, was he offered?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Congrats to Glover and Collins - Hopefully Walker gets a invite too
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Tigers33 wrote:If they spend 4-5 million dollars than how much do they bring in revenue, Mr Upset Parent.

Do they attend public schooling?
How much do they get from the NHL teams?
How much do they make off advertising?
Yeam revenue as a whole?

Whats wrong with the program? 40 kids or so are getting a chance to play against some of the best competition around the country each year.

I think USA is the best country at complaining.
I am not a parent. I just think that the money spent (and I have heard as high as 6 million) on this program (and they bring in no revenue, zero.), would go a long ways toward developing way more potential players if spent on youth hockey. The game is being priced out of so many markets now. USA hockey should be part of the solution not the problem.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

observer wrote:Very impressed with Walker in the State Tourney and would place him ahead of Glover and Collins. A better combination of skills and game sense.
I agree, but the ntdp like bigger D for the most part.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

armhockey wrote:what about Gersich, was he offered?
Not sure, but heard he wouldn't go anyways
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

flatontheice wrote:I am not a parent. I just think that the money spent (and I have heard as high as 6 million) on this program (and they bring in no revenue, zero.), would go a long ways toward developing way more potential players if spent on youth hockey. The game is being priced out of so many markets now. USA hockey should be part of the solution not the problem.
I don't believe it is fair to say they bring in no revenue. USA Hockey receives NHL grant money and (if I understand correctly) there are some strings attached. I don't think their vision for player development in the U.S. includes doing away with NTDP.

The final two sentences are interesting. USA Hockey has tried to be part of the solution and are definitely not the problem when it comes to cost. Remember RW&B Hockey? USA Hockey promoted it, but few wanted to follow. Don't blame leadership on that one. Also, they've done away with Pee Wee nationals because they REALLY want parents and hockey directors to understand that it isn't worth going to great lengths to win more games at age 12. (I know of a parent that dropped in excess of a quarter-million dollars in a quest to win a PW championship, only to fall short in the last game.)
Be kind. Rewind.
The Insider

Post by The Insider »

Anyone know who got the invites?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

The 96 Machine kids are starting to make their mark. Anyone know where they all are?
MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:The 96 Machine kids are starting to make their mark. Anyone know where they all are?
Dougherty- St. Thomas V, Cass- Stillwater V, Wahlin- WBL V, Nanne, Walker Edina V, Norman, Phelps, Slattery SSM u16, Jaremco- Elk River V, Muck- Eagan V, Springman, Zerban ER V, Glover Benilde, Sharp- Breck V, Wolfe-Holy Fam V,
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

How about all the 1996's that were playing at MnMade... All making great strides... Keep your eye on this group!! Machine/Deuce kids all across the cities having great starts... MnMade kids...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

7 more commits. No Minnesota players on this round..

http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/2013Se ... ments.aspx
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Bittner is heading to the WHL.