NTDP Tryouts - 2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gopher Blog

NTDP Tryouts - 2012

Post by Gopher Blog »

Players from MN that will be at the tryout camp this year: Paul Bittner, Shane Gersich, Tyler Nanne, Jack Glover, Ryan Collins, Jack Walker, & Chase Perry
Sats81

Re: NTDP Tryouts - 2012

Post by Sats81 »

Gopher Blog wrote:Players from MN that will be at the tryout camp this year: Paul Bittner, Shane Gersich, Tyler Nanne, Jack Glover, Ryan Collins, Jack Walker, & Chase Perry
Interesting that Tyler Nanne is invited and not Dylan malmquist.
mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata »

That doesn't shock me.
Tyler originally didn't make it out to New York for Select 15's.
Lou made a call and Tyler got an at large bid. Go figure.
Tyler is a nice player but he gets opportunities he probably shouldn't.

My prediction is that Tyler will commit to the Gophers next fall
during the elite league season!
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Sats81 wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:Players from MN that will be at the tryout camp this year: Paul Bittner, Shane Gersich, Tyler Nanne, Jack Glover, Ryan Collins, Jack Walker, & Chase Perry
Interesting that Tyler Nanne is invited and not Dylan malmquist.
It could be because the NTDP occasionally takes guys that can be flexible on position.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

mgrockswayzata wrote:That doesn't shock me.
Tyler is a nice player but he gets opportunities he probably shouldn't
If the reason was his Grandpa, then you'd think Louie or Vinni would have been given the same opportunity to tryout when they were that age. But they didn't.
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

Not to defend nanne, but he was good at the 102's last summer and should have been selected to go to new York to start with. But this season malmquist has shown he may be better. As for the others, they either have the stats to get an invite, or dads or grandpas that know the right people.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Gopher Blog wrote:
If the reason was his Grandpa, then you'd think Louie or Vinni would have been given the same opportunity to tryout when they were that age. But they didn't.
Vinni can play hockey. There is no question about that. The Nanne boys are both quite suspect. Argue with me all you want. It's the truth.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Sats81 wrote:Vinni can play hockey. There is no question about that. The Nanne boys are both quite suspect. Argue with me all you want. It's the truth.
Everybody has a right to an opinion. I'm not here to try to change yours. Not worth the effort when it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Sats81 wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Vinni can play hockey. There is no question about that. The Nanne boys are both quite suspect. Argue with me all you want. It's the truth.
Couldn't agree more. Louie could possibly be a D1 player after a year or 2 of juniors, but the Gophers is a stretch. He's good, but would fit in better at a smaller program.
mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata »

Nanne was good at 102's in St. Cloud last summer?

R u kidding me?

I was there and he played poorly and looked disinterested.

Kudos to the people picking the final 20 to go to New York for
not originally picking Nanne. He played poorly all week.

Like I said before, Nanne is a nice player but gets some opportunities
because of his name.

I hope he tears it up tonite versus BSM!
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Parents want to give a kid a leg up on the competition.

That is what I have heard from several people including those around the Edina program on why Walker was sent home from Austria.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Correct, I do not know whether it is prescribed or not I would assume the same thing that USA would not invite back if it were not prescribed.
Guru20

Post by Guru20 »

Is Hurley Edina too old for NTDP even though he's a Sophomore?
Zerban Elk River?
Jaremko Elk River?
Copa Blaine?
Lau Blaine?
Iverson Breck?
Spinner EP?
Snuggerud EP?

Wondering if some of these guys were not chosen, or too old?
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Sats81 wrote:
HGH? You kidding me? What is wrong with parents?
Go to the wrestling board, the Guillotine, I post there sometimes, read on there and you will see just how sane hockey people are in this state in comparison.

Wrestling has has 2 programs in the last 3 years sanctioned for recruiting (1 twice) yet that is OK because it's for the kids. They have a team that relies on outstaters more than Shattuck, gets more transfers than any private school hockey team. Has a bigger problem with transfers and recruiting of middle school aged kids than hockey ever will. Parents that hold kids back 2 -3 years just so they can be good wrestlers. Has a kid throw a chair at an opponent and hit him in the head but that's just kids being kids. The list is near endless and gets quite comical because all this accepted behavior from the wrestling community at large.

HGH is nothing
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

To answer Guru 20 question...Yes those 95's are too old..spinner and snuggy are 95's. This year is for 96 birth year only...

I believe..
Hoc2x21

Post by Hoc2x21 »

Is Bittner really that good? I know he went to NY last summer. I have not seen anything special out of him. i know he has size and has some pull with his dad. How many of these picks are in because of politics. Tyler Nanne was without question. Dixon Bowen?
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

Hoc2x21 wrote: Is Bittner really that good?
He's pretty good. Is a multi sport athlete, coaches kid, good size, and still considered raw talent...lots of things NTDP likes.
green4

Post by green4 »

Walker did take HGH but a legit doctor prescribed it to him. it was not steroids so i don't think its as big of a deal. he was just a smaller kid who was given it to get bigger. Kid has tons of talent though, i remember him playing in squirts and he was great and he still is to this day. he is better than Malmquist if you ask me. you could also make a argument for malmquist here too though but a lot of his success came from Hurley
iwearmysunglassesatnight

Post by iwearmysunglassesatnight »

"Walker did take HGH but a legit doctor prescribed it to him."

Legit? Is there other doctors prescribing to MN youth athletes that are something else? In this case was it given for health reasons or athletic gain? "given it to get bigger" He looked normal size in the state tourney. How long had he been off it and how long does it stay in the system? Stuff must work. Do you think this doctor has a bunch more clients today?
Was a duster and paying for it?????
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Walker can outright play....
What about Hurley going to Michigan?
nobama

Post by nobama »

Ness me too death... Play and perform with results are Oh so different.
Vitamins or no vitamins you dont circle the wagon for 4 minutes while everyone watches and no g in the net for the big EEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. :roll:
green4

Post by green4 »

iwearmysunglassesatnight wrote:"Walker did take HGH but a legit doctor prescribed it to him."

Legit? Is there other doctors prescribing to MN youth athletes that are something else? In this case was it given for health reasons or athletic gain? "given it to get bigger" He looked normal size in the state tourney. How long had he been off it and how long does it stay in the system? Stuff must work. Do you think this doctor has a bunch more clients today?
i do not know much about HGH with how long it stays in the system or anything about it for that matter but Walker was very small all the way up till probably this year. as a 8th grader in bantams he was pretty small just like his brother Bennie who was small untill 10th grade, and because he was small then as a 9th grader he played JV. i think the family just should have waited alittle longer for him to grow since he is around that age
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

“@StribPrepsDavid: Benilde-St. Margaret's sophomore defenseman Jack Glover accepts invitation to play in Ann Arbor, Mich.”
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

JDUBBS1280 wrote:“@StribPrepsDavid: Benilde-St. Margaret's sophomore defenseman Jack Glover accepts invitation to play in Ann Arbor, Mich.”
Updated Tweet
9m David La Vaque‏@StribPrepsDavid
BSM soph d-man Jack Glover must tryout for the U-17 team in Ann Arbor but it's considered a formality.

Doesn't surprise me...thought he and Jack Walker were the most impressive young D in the State Tourney...Glover already has a AA title under his belt...seems like a logical next step (if he plans on making an NHL career) out of hockey. Best of luck to him going forward.
Wside

NDTP

Post by Wside »

is there a website that shows the new U17 roster?