Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hill-Murray
33%
BSM
68%

Total votes: 40

stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:You're right everybody.

Everything all the players did on Benilde this year was amazing. Great sportsmanship, great role models.

And of course Hill Murray showed absolutely no class and all their players are spoiled, whiny kids.

Gimme a break :roll:
Unsportsman-like taunting and spearing are great sportsmanship and good role-modeling? I had no idea. i'll adjust my parameters accordingly.
Lets just say both teams probably could have acted differently.
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.
stpaul

BSM - HM

Post by stpaul »

ESPG, tf77 was making a point using sarcasm. Read it again.
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

UntouchableFlow wrote:Obviously you haven't read through to understand what actually happened. They were planning on letting Duke Peiper have the first chance to hold the trophy, it had no reflection to how they felt about 2nd, as they would have given Duke the trophy right away either way.
Is there a source for this other than the previous post by hm88? It's just that immediately handing the 2nd place trophy off to the team manager -- which IMHO is something quite different than allowing him to join in a celebratory lifting up of the trophy -- is consistent with removing your 2nd place medals even before you skate back and rejoin your team.
hm88

Post by hm88 »

The Gumper wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:Obviously you haven't read through to understand what actually happened. They were planning on letting Duke Peiper have the first chance to hold the trophy, it had no reflection to how they felt about 2nd, as they would have given Duke the trophy right away either way.
Is there a source for this other than the previous post by hm88? It's just that immediately handing the 2nd place trophy off to the team manager -- which IMHO is something quite different than allowing him to join in a celebratory lifting up of the trophy -- is consistent with removing your 2nd place medals even before you skate back and rejoin your team.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32770

Here is a link to a story the hockey hub did on Duke towards the end of the year. I guess believe what you want about the players gesture....
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Gumper - Anyone with eyes who was watching the game could have seen the captain, Zach Lavalle, wave Duke forward to accept the trophy. Duke then walked up, received the trophy, and walked back towards his team lifting the trophy above his head. It was a very classy gesture. Obviously this does not excuse the removal of the silver medals, but it is in fact what happened.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Gumper must have missed that last few years...
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

Whether you like BSM, Pauly, etc. or not, and everyone has the right to choose - it was very, very clear if you followed them from the start to the end this year, that towards the end of the season there was a definite commitment to better in zone and neutral zone defense.

With the skill they have, you have to let them play to some extent, but they really stopped playing 'river hockey' - trading chance for chance, because that is not sound hockey.

I think they were much better protecting the middle, and supporting the puck...and lots of guys who earlier in the season paid little attention to players without the puck changed their ways. Without this tweak, no way they win state and probably don't get out of 6AA. To me, that is a great coaching adjustment because it was needed for them to win.

I think the tournament was very entertaining and congrats to Hill and BSM for getting to a game many people, including me, did not think they'd make.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

from Darren Wolfson

"Benilde-Hill-Murray local TV rating w/ men 25-54: 7.0 overall, peak of 8.3. Likely beats every sporting event locally since the Super Bowl."
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

hockeyfan893 wrote:Obviously this does not excuse the removal of the silver medals, but it is in fact what happened.
Yes, especially after several players did the same thing in last year's section final loss. One would think the "best coach in the state" (as several on this board have suggesed Lechner is) would instruct his players not to do this, especially after it happened once already.
hm88

Post by hm88 »

The Gumper wrote:
hockeyfan893 wrote:Obviously this does not excuse the removal of the silver medals, but it is in fact what happened.
Yes, especially after several players did the same thing in last year's section final loss. One would think the "best coach in the state" (as several on this board have suggesed Lechner is) would instruct his players not to do this, especially after it happened once already.
Yes because all the best coaches practice losing....I'm not condoning what they did but get real, these are 16 and 17 year old KIDS, no one can control everything they do. So there were two kids who took their medals off, there were 18 others who didn't, I think the majority of the bunch speak for the type of coach he is. Even adults let their emotions get the best of them. I'm sure the two kids who took their medals off regret it, but we all do things we regret in life.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

What are the rules/cultural norms when it comes to wearing a medal? :wink: :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
stpaul

Catholic schools sweep

Post by stpaul »

Congratulations to the new Wisconsin High School Champions Notre Dame Academy of Green Bay. Notre Dame, Benilde-St. M. & St. Thomas Academy give the Catholic schools the MN-WI hockey sweep.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:You're right everybody.

Everything all the players did on Benilde this year was amazing. Great sportsmanship, great role models.

And of course Hill Murray showed absolutely no class and all their players are spoiled, whiny kids.

Gimme a break :roll:
Unsportsman-like taunting and spearing are great sportsmanship and good role-modeling? I had no idea. i'll adjust my parameters accordingly.
I sure wish sarcasm would transfer better via internet :wink:
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

hm88 wrote:[...] So there were two kids who took their medals off, there were 18 others who didn't, I think the majority of the bunch speak for the type of coach he is. Even adults let their emotions get the best of them. I'm sure the two kids who took their medals off regret it, but we all do things we regret in life.
Point taken. Most of the players left their medals on after the loss to BSM, and most of them left their medals on after the section final loss last year.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Questions with Bob Sansevere: Benilde-St. Margaret's hockey coach Ken Pauly

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_201 ... ckey-coach