Does Benilde win state without Jabs?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Does BSM win state without Jablonski's injury?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 49

puckstopper33

Does Benilde win state without Jabs?

Post by puckstopper33 »

First off, congrats to BSM, they played great and beat many good teams. So, for my question, do you think that if Jack Jablonski was not tragically injured, Benilde would have won state? They were struggling right around the time when the injury occurred, and they really seemed to pull together after. Thoughts
nikebauer05

Re: Does Benilde win state without Jabs?

Post by nikebauer05 »

puckstopper33 wrote:First off, congrats to BSM, they played great and beat many good teams. So, for my question, do you think that if Jack Jablonski was not tragically injured, Benilde would have won state? They were struggling right around the time when the injury occurred, and they really seemed to pull together after. Thoughts
I think the injury definitely helped them. It boosted their team mentally and also I think the rule changes benefited them because they aren't a very big or physical team.
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Well, since Jack was on the JV team then I would say "Yes," because they obviously had enough firepower and talent on the Varsity team to upset all the teams post-season that they did, and win State. But would they have had the drive and motivation to actually accomplish what they did without all that emotion behind them? Probably not.
hipcheck

Post by hipcheck »

They did win without him!
green4

Post by green4 »

we know he was on JV that's not what he means. he is saying if the accident does not happen they don't have that mentality of hey lets go win this state tournament for jabs and rally around each other. if Jabs does not get injured i don't think they win it
The Insider

Post by The Insider »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Well, since Jack was on the JV team then I would say "Yes," because they obviously had enough firepower and talent on the Varsity team to upset all the teams post-season that they did, and win State. But would they have had the drive and motivation to actually accomplish what they did without all that emotion behind them? Probably not.
He was 4th line Varsity, give him a little credit.
WayOutWest

Re: Does Benilde win state without Jabs?

Post by WayOutWest »

puckstopper33 wrote:First off, congrats to BSM, they played great and beat many good teams. So, for my question, do you think that if Jack Jablonski was not tragically injured, Benilde would have won state? They were struggling right around the time when the injury occurred, and they really seemed to pull together after. Thoughts
Although they may have obtained some semblance of additional emotional drive due to the Jablonski injury, it would be a disservice to their talent to claim they may not have won the title without it. BSM is a very good team. Jack was a part of it, but those boys earned every bit of their wins, as well. I think they win it, regardless.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Honestly, probably not. They were a very good team, but I feel the emotion of it all contributed to their run.

With that said, they also showed how great of a team they are by coming together in the face of adversity and overcoming it. So yes, they probably did have a boost but it was well earned.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

We'll never know for sure.

8)
The Puck
LGW
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

I think they were good enough to win it all even if the injury never occurred.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

What was their pre-season ranking? I think if they were a top ten team then Jabs had very little to do with it.
The injury was and is a tragedy, but so is the fallout of all the rule changes. My question is what happens the next time a kid tragically gets hurt on a clean hit will they do away with checking all together.
Here is a good question what happens to Jabs now that the season is over and the fan fare will disappear also. Unfortunately I think all the attention he received could affect him negatively down the road when there is not all this hoopla over his situation.
Checking from behind yes a definite 5 minute major. A hit to the head make it a 2 and 10 or a double minor. There is to much subjectivity to a deliberate hit to the head. Punish the kid for the hit not the whole team.
This wasn't a mighty ducks movie these kids have played their whole lives and have waited to be on that stage so I will say they won because of their talent as a team. Now if they want to dedicate it to Jabs then great.