Holy Angels????

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 am

Zamman wrote:
Edgy wrote:...Given the start play in the very weak Missota, they should do OK in the conference. They will be in the bottom half of the section and go out in the 1st round like the previous couple of years - IMO
Tell us what you mean - "given the start play"....

They will be much better than last year, wait and see.
Sorry ZamMan - Should have said "Stars play" not start play. Typo on my part. I think they will be better, however they also need to get healthy. The fews kids the are banking on are hurt - and will be for some time at the start. They will do fine in the Missota.

blueblood

Jefferson

Post by blueblood » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am

They are coming off a 6 win season, return all of their top scores and led early in the semifinal game against Edina. Three players played in elite league this fall.

Dont take this team lightly...

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:16 am

Edgy wrote:
Zamman wrote:
Edgy wrote:...Given the start play in the very weak Missota, they should do OK in the conference. They will be in the bottom half of the section and go out in the 1st round like the previous couple of years - IMO

Sorry ZamMan - Should have said "Stars play" not start play. Typo on my part. I think they will be better, however they also need to get healthy. The fews kids the are banking on are hurt - and will be for some time at the start. They will do fine in the Missota.
Who's hurt to start the season?
The best, period

shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:
Edgy wrote:
Zamman wrote:

Who's hurt to start the season?
As post earlier Bianchi has a acl tear, but is trying to play with a brace. He has looked good so far in tryouts from what I have seen and also heard. Time will tell how long they have him, if they get into some blow outs and can sit him that will help keep him on the ice longer into the season. Jefferson will not be better then last year about the same and will not be a treat in 2AA, it comes down to Bville and Edina top teams then Prior Lake and AHA second tier followed by Chan and Jeff.

Mike038311

Post by Mike038311 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Any word on how the team looked in their scrimmages this weekend?

Mike038311

Post by Mike038311 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Was Bianchi very effective or did he not even play?

shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Mike038311 wrote:Any word on how the team looked in their scrimmages this weekend?
This is all I have seen and heard.

WBL 2 AHA 0

Bears playing well with wahlen and delaney. Good depth but surprised by the stars who without Mork, Bianchi and Haeg (sitting out of tryouts) played very well and many will be surprised with the depth at the forward position this year. D were alright, goalies very good.

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

How'd they look tonight against Providence Academy?
The best, period

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:17 am

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:How'd they look tonight against Providence Academy?
Came out of the gate flying, like I expected. Took a two goal lead. The PA came back and scored a weak deflection of the goalie. end of one 2 - 1. Second period was back and fourth till something clicked and AHA kicked it in to high gear. Rattled off a few more goals. Third period the same and won 10 - 2. Second goal slipped in between the skate and pipe against AHA's back-up goalie.
A nice warm-up but now it gets interesting. Sat December 8 at Richfield is Eden Prairie, then BSM...

shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 am

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:How'd they look tonight against Providence Academy?
Bianchi looked very good and strong on his skates. Mork is very solid and a force out there on D. They have some good young forwards that will add some good depth, which in the past couple of years they lacked. On D they need a couple of players to step up and fill the role as the #2 and 3 D. In the nets, I was very pleased to finally see a goalie that looks like he could steal a game or two. Played angels well and moved very nice in the net. The back up is a solid #2, I would feel confident with either one in the nets against any one they play.
Overall, I feel this team is one of the top second level teams and has the potential to scare some of the top level teams on their schedule. They do play most of their top non-conference games at home. They will fight for the 3-5 seed in section 2AA.

blueblood

AHA

Post by blueblood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 am

Its great to be an optimist, but here are the facts:

Providence Academy is not a good team to benchmark season success against.

There are 4 SSC teams and 1 Lake team in 2AA; the Missota teams face an uphill battle in gaining a top seed come section playoff time with the coaches voting to detemine seeds

Chan has upped their schedule adding Jefferson and Tonka this season, along with a couple of top 10 A teams in Lourdes and Thief River Falls

The last game of the season pits AHA vs. Chan which could prove to be a pivotal game for 2AA seeding purposes

I would love to see the Stars and Storm teams break out this year and give the SSC teams a run for their money come playoff time.

The Best in the Bizz3

Re: AHA

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

blueblood wrote:Its great to be an optimist, but here are the facts:

Providence Academy is not a good team to benchmark season success against.

There are 4 SSC teams and 1 Lake team in 2AA; the Missota teams face an uphill battle in gaining a top seed come section playoff time with the coaches voting to detemine seeds

Chan has upped their schedule adding Jefferson and Tonka this season, along with a couple of top 10 A teams in Lourdes and Thief River Falls

The last game of the season pits AHA vs. Chan which could prove to be a pivotal game for 2AA seeding purposes

I would love to see the Stars and Storm teams break out this year and give the SSC teams a run for their money come playoff time.

I completely agree with this statement, Edina, Burnsville, Jefferson, and Prior Lake all will have the benefit of the doubt because they are in strong conferences together and they all with the exception of PL have a rich hockey tradition that can gain votes.

Some may or may not agree, but AHA and Chan will likely get screwed atleast a little bit this year. Thats just the way it is. But I still think both are capable of knocking off these four teams. As of Right now, I see the section shaping up like this.

1. Edina
2. Burnsville
3. Prior Lake
4/5 Holy Angels or Jefferson
6. Chanhassen
7. Shakopee
8. Kennedy
The best, period

lincolnbears

Post by lincolnbears » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Holy Angels shouldn’t get screwed come seeding time. They play a tough enough non-conference schedule where they will have every opportunity to earn a top 3 seed. Whether they earn it or not remains to be seen. The keys for this team are Bianchi’s health -he looked strong last night and they will need him at a high level for the entire season. And depth at the blue line – they need 3 guys to step it up because Mork can’t do it by himself. Goaltending is solid this year.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Interesting to see if Holy Angels can start their recovery this year. Tough last couple years, going to be interesting to watch...

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Has anyone seen the new home jerseys for the stars? I've seen the black ones but haven't seen the white. Opinions?

easton18

Post by easton18 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:Has anyone seen the new home jerseys for the stars? I've seen the black ones but haven't seen the white. Opinions?
I've heard they're pretty sweet. But that was from a good friend who is an AHA alum and has a brother on the team, so take that with a grain of salt. :roll:

holymolywhatagoalie30

Post by holymolywhatagoalie30 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am

:D
Last edited by holymolywhatagoalie30 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:08 pm

If they don't sweep the Missota I'd say there's no hope for a section final game. This year the team looks better but we'll see maybe they won't lose 15-3 to BSM and Burnsville I saw the games and the coaching staff all had the same faces after. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey now, they were a young team that lost three of their top players to transfers...
The best, period

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm

They were young, but with Stars like Mork and Bianchi any loss in the Missota is bad, New Prague beat them for the first time in over a decade :shock:

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:48 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:They were young, but with Stars like Mork and Bianchi any loss in the Missota is bad, New Prague beat them for the first time in over a decade :shock:
Correction.... two decades

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 am

easton18 wrote:
HockeyGuy952 wrote:Has anyone seen the new home jerseys for the stars? I've seen the black ones but haven't seen the white. Opinions?
I've heard they're pretty sweet. But that was from a good friend who is an AHA alum and has a brother on the team, so take that with a grain of salt. :roll:
Here is an un-biased opinion (LOL) I thinkthey look real nice, there is a patch on each shoulder with a new symbol for AHA that makes it look cool. Not sure if this symbol is something that AHA is going to incorporate, but it is different.

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

I could be wrong but think Holy Angles and Prior Lake play each other in the Schwanz Cup this year - that could be an important game when seeding rolls around.

Listen2me

Post by Listen2me » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:They were young, but with Stars like Mork and Bianchi any loss in the Missota is bad, New Prague beat them for the first time in over a decade :shock:
They did lose to NP, without starting goalie.

blueblood

AHA

Post by blueblood » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm

New Prague wasn't the only Missota team they lost to last season.