Jake Jackson - Tartan

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Jake Jackson - Tartan

Post by BP »

Committed tio Michigan Tech today
coach95

Post by coach95 »

Never heard of him. What grade is he in and what position does he play? Mich Tech is a good team and they are fun to watch.
BP

Post by BP »

coach95 wrote:Never heard of him. What grade is he in and what position does he play? Mich Tech is a good team and they are fun to watch.

Forward, top 10 scoring in Elite League....he can fly and is physcial.
Goalie-Dad

Post by Goalie-Dad »

coach95 wrote:Never heard of him. What grade is he in and what position does he play? Mich Tech is a good team and they are fun to watch.
Tartan is in our section, we play the them once a year and occasionally in the sections. He is a very talented kid, lots of speed and can shoot the puck. Unfortunately Tartan is buried in the weird Classic Suburban conference where HM and STA regularly beat up the small AA and weaker A teams. So his talents go unnoticed.

Tartan does not have much depth, so they really on his skills to carry them.
Wallyworld

Congrats

Post by Wallyworld »

Nice to see some less prominent hockey schools produce recruitable talent. I wonder why he didn't transfer to Hill Murray though, being so close.

BB
deacon64

Re: Congrats

Post by deacon64 »

Wallyworld wrote:Nice to see some less prominent hockey schools produce recruitable talent. I wonder why he didn't transfer to Hill Murray though, being so close.

BB
Glad to know he did not transfer. Good to see someone with talent in small school be recognized!

Best Wishes to Him!
thestickler07

Re: Congrats

Post by thestickler07 »

deacon64 wrote:Glad to know he did not transfer. Good to see someone with talent in small school be recognized!!
Good to see another Classic Suburban player getting a D1 scholarship, good for Jake and his family.

I wouldn't call Tartan a small school though, they are the 36th largest school in the state with an enrollment of 1581 according to the MSHSL.
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Former Titan Ryan Furne plays for Tech
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

thorhockey wrote:Former Titan Ryan Furne plays for Tech
You mean, HM Alum Ryan Furne, plays for Tech with his fellow alum Dan Sova. :lol:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
thorhockey wrote:Former Titan Ryan Furne plays for Tech
You mean, HM Alum Ryan Furne, plays for Tech with his fellow alum Dan Sova. :lol:
Always trying to claim kids that spent 20% of their Hockey experience at Hill......

:wink:
stpaul

Ryan Furne

Post by stpaul »

I wonder where Ryan remembers playing high school hockey?

Image Image
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

It must be getting close to hockey season. The arrogance level is rising. :roll:
MrBoDangles

Re: Ryan Furne

Post by MrBoDangles »

stpaul wrote:I wonder where Ryan remembers playing high school hockey?

Image Image
The players might not remember much because of their extra curricular activities that year..

:mrgreen:
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Neither Ryan or Westie went to Hill for academics. Nor for the quality "extra-carricular products. Neither of which is any better than any school in the area.
My daughter turned down the invite after a day of shadowing at Hill when she felt the studies were no different than Tartan. Surprisingly she ranked them a 4 out of 10. If they had Varsity swimming at the time her decision to attend there would have been much different.
Congrats to Jackson for achieving the dream of moving onto the next level, and proving that you don't need the phony private route to get ahead (academically or athletically)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Can we please confine our endless arguments about Hill to threads that are actually about Hill?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

karl(east) wrote:Can we please confine our endless arguments about Hill, STA, Benilde and Breck to threads that are actually about Hill, STA, Benilde and Breck?
That looks better. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Sorry Karl. PPG started it as Im sure he will soon end it.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

thorhockey wrote:Sorry Karl. PPG started it as Im sure he will soon end it.
Not blaming anyone, just trying to get it to end.

Hey Lee, maybe we should make an Official Private Schools Trash Talk thread this season, just to keep it all in one place. (I can dream, can't I?) :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

karl(east) wrote:

Hey Lee, maybe we should make an Official Private Schools Trash Talk thread this season, just to keep it all in one place. (I can dream, can't I?) :lol:
In a weird way, that makes a lot of sense. Then those who try to carry the talk into other threads can be dealt with and they couldn't claim they weren't warned.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:
karl(east) wrote:

In a weird way, that makes a lot of sense. Then those who try to carry the talk into other threads can be dealt with and they couldn't claim they weren't warned.
Hmm, maybe it is actually a sensible idea. We may be on to something.