AHA vs. Centennial

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will AHA end Centennial's undefeated at the X streak?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 45

stars612

AHA vs. Centennial

Post by stars612 »

Who will win this one? Centennial is looking pretty good right now. Gonna be a great game.

6-4 Stars
Third times a charm.
Zamman

Centennial vs AHA

Post by Zamman »

AHA has always had a tough time with Centennial, that was a goal in 04, but this time I feel AHA has the upper hand. I will say AHA 6 - Centennial 3. I hope it is a good game....
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

If Centennial puts Hanna back in net they can keep it close, and Holy Angels get held to 4 goals for the second time this year.

4-2 Holy Angels on top(wish Cloquet was here)
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Holy Angels by a land slide. They have historically had the most trouble with Centennial with last year's game ending in a tie, before Holy Angels advanced to the championship game from a shootout win, but it would appear that Holy Angels is doing better this year and Centennial not as well. I'll take the stars by 3.
irishman

Post by irishman »

i take AHA by 2

centennial's fans are annoying
What Can Brown Do For You?
TheMeanRichJokeMan

Post by TheMeanRichJokeMan »

Centennial is a good hockey team, But I don't see this one being that close.

6-1 AHA

Just one man's opinion.
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Doesnt matter how much Cent scores, because I think AHA will score atleast 6. AHA by a landslide.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

boblee wrote:Moorhead will stay unbeaten, but will not win their bracket...

Moorhead 7
Centennial 2
boblee wrote:WBL will win this one and stay hot, but they will have to cool down Jordan Singer to do so...

WBL 5
Centennial 3
We'll know who to pick when the expert chimes in. Image
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I agree that's funny, but do you don't really think if he picks Holy Angels they'll lose?

Also, the first one was most definitely an upset, so you can't put that on him. Oh well.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:I agree that's funny, but do you don't really think if he picks Holy Angels they'll lose?

Also, the first one was most definitely an upset, so you can't put that on him. Oh well.
boblee wrote:Duluth East 12
Centennial 3...

Ok, im lying....

DE 6
Cent 2
You need more proof?
Aster

Post by Aster »

Neutron 14 wrote:
boblee wrote:Moorhead will stay unbeaten, but will not win their bracket...

Moorhead 7
Centennial 2
boblee wrote:WBL will win this one and stay hot, but they will have to cool down Jordan Singer to do so...

WBL 5
Centennial 3
We'll know who to pick when the expert chimes in. Image
boblee is a hoot. His information is priceless, but his assessments of players and forthcoming matches are pure folly.

We all know that.

With Pat White out of the picture lately, he gets confused on who he should support and what to say.
Aster

Cent vs Starz

Post by Aster »

Centennial has got some magic and lots of pride. I look for a fun-to-watch finale.

The Stars have a great team and are deeper than people thought.

Holy Angels by 2? I follow the Stars, but everyone wants to see a dog fight. Good luck Cougars.
Neutron 14

From the "Gold Predictions" thread

Post by Neutron 14 »

MOORHEAD SPUDS wrote:I hope it was a joke that Centennial got a vote. If they win than this years hockey season will become the biggest joke. Centennial is doing so bad that they don't even send their scores to mshsl.org anymore....Centennial winning it all hahaha

Moorhead over Roseville in the big show
MOORHEAD SPUDS wrote:Question...How is AHA ranked so high? They have only beat Minnetonka and it was 4-1. Otherwise they have played Farmington and Hutchinson..two teams that can hardly be considered contenders for a .500 season
Some people crack me up. I wonder where he's been?Image
boblee

Post by boblee »

Centennial keeps proving me wrong...so I see the light now. bob's eyes are opened.

Centennial 4
AHA 3
Stateofhcky76

AHA vs Cent.

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

A Centennial win versus loss will depend on what game Hanna brings tonight and their continued strong defensive play (very physical)!

He needs to step up to the plate and earn some of the accolades that he has been given. One year of HS hockey, splitting time with Schriener, performing at a 92% save % is statistically strong however, his play thereafter has been inconsistent.

Good luck to Centennial and bring home a Win to the NWSC.

Regards,
mnhockey39
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Once agian I will go with my heart and go out on a limb and take the good people of the community of centennial against the godless heretics from the city of academy.

Centennial ( is this close to Hastings???? :D ) 5

Academy of Holy Angels (Zamman is always talking about them so It must be somewhere between Richfield and Hopkins) 2

And I am probably somewhere below bobaleeski in predictions this year so AHA has this one in the bag (the reverse-reverse jinx as first popularized by Lee of East).
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

boblee wrote:Centennial keeps proving me wrong...so I see the light now. bob's eyes are opened.

Centennial 4
AHA 3
WHAT'RE YOU CRAZY?
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

AHA- 6
Centennial- 2
Gordie07

Post by Gordie07 »

is this some sort of joke. Those of you that think centennial has a chance are sadly mistaken and you obviously have not been paying attention to the tourney. The first game, AHA's first line had almost all of the points and were critisized for not having any depth, then the seconds game, most of the points were scored by their second line. They played webb the first game and won, then the other goalie the second game and won. Lets get serious.
AHA - 6
Centennial - 2
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Gordie07 wrote:is this some sort of joke. Those of you that think centennial has a chance are sadly mistaken and you obviously have not been paying attention to the tourney. The first game, AHA's first line had almost all of the points and were critisized for not having any depth, then the seconds game, most of the points were scored by their second line. They played webb the first game and won, then the other goalie the second game and won. Lets get serious.
AHA - 6
Centennial - 2
That is why they play the game! Have you ever seen one?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Gordie07 wrote:is this some sort of joke. Those of you that think centennial has a chance are sadly mistaken and you obviously have not been paying attention to the tourney. The first game, AHA's first line had almost all of the points and were critisized for not having any depth, then the seconds game, most of the points were scored by their second line. They played webb the first game and won, then the other goalie the second game and won. Lets get serious.
AHA - 6
Centennial - 2
I get cracked upImage reading some of these. MOORHEAD SPUDS had a similar sentiment.
Gordie07

Post by Gordie07 »

nope, i have never seen a game. I don't even know what hockey is. Is it some sort of athletic activity
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Gordie07 wrote:nope, i have never seen a game. I don't even know what hockey is. Is it some sort of athletic activity
It's obvious!!!!!!!!!
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Gordie07 wrote:nope, i have never seen a game. I don't even know what hockey is. Is it some sort of athletic activity
And I'm the one that gets all the crap for being sarcastic around here... Anyway, let's not bury Centennial just yet. Don't wanna pull a Moorhead Spuds and jinx AHA.
Third times a charm.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

BIAFP wrote:
It's obvious!!!!!!!!!
Geez BIAFP, could he have set it up any better for you? It's like catching a trout at a fish farm there's not much sport in it. The poor kid has a conundrum finding his shift key, I can't imagine how he finds his dad's car keys and makes it out to any hockey athletic activities.

I'd be inclined to agree with Gordie based on the Stars performances in the first two games but I have seen a few hockey games in my time and stars612 is right, you might want to get up a few goals on the Cougars before you stick a fork in 'em.