White Bear Lake @ Hill Murray Rematch

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will the Bears make it 1-1 against their rivals on the year?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 39

THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Nice comment you moron! Stop sucking.... have you looked at the teams they have played this year... maybe you should look at that! Maybe you should look at the fact that they have been in every game they have played... I just hate stupid remaks about any team... maybe the private schools should stop recruiting and then see if they could compete with the "suck" teams such as wbl and centennial etc...

The SLinger
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

stars612 wrote:
THEGunslinger wrote:The Standoff....

For those who dont know this has been going on at many WBL-Hill Games. From what I have been told WBL makes it a tradition to be the last team to break the blue line after the anthem.... and now other teams know that, and wait them out..... its kinda funny....

The Slinger
Maybe they should stop worrying about being the last to move, and start worrying about sucking
Thats cold. Their proud of their program that they have built. Some years they're better than others. When your a farmer, not every year is a bumper crop. I realize you might have a hard time comprehending this.
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

stars612 wrote:Maybe they should stop worrying about being the last to move, and start worrying about sucking
Sounds like a great tradition to me. Isn't that one thing that makes hockey great? Tradition and pride. So they're having a rough stretch and maybe even a bad year, so does that mean they should give up on all their traditions? Yes they need to change some things and make adjusments to get better but that doesn't mean they should stop doing the stand-off.

Personally I enjoyed it!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

All this negative WB talk amuses me. I have nothing but respect for their program & they concern me everytime the Pioneers have to face them. It's funny though, a few years ago Hill got off to a start similar to the Bears and a writer for the local newspaper in WB wrote that maybe it was time for Hill to consider opting down to Class A. It caused quite a stir in Pioneer Country to the point that Hill's President responded back to the paper. I thought it was hilarious. Wonder if that guy is still writing and also wonder if he is pushing the Bears to petition the high school league to allow the Bears to play Class A..?? The Bears don't have the talent they have had in the past, but still will compete with anyone. After this week's games, it appears that HM may have an inside track at the #1 seed and WB may end up at #4 which will pit them against each other in the semi's. 1 win against HM will erase a year's frustrations. I'll be pulling for a Stillwater upset (#5 seed)so that Hill will avoid this opportunity for the Bears.
gr81

Post by gr81 »

WBL has always had most teams thinking when they face them as has Hill.
Undiciplined players or no, from PW's on up both teams have been respected when it comes to playing them because you know you're going to get a tough competive game.

Same goes for Moorhead and Duluth. Good teams, fine traditions and tough play.
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

Usually somebody has already called for WBL coach to get canned and how horrible he is and he is the down fall of the program. I like the farming comparison...makes sense to me. I would love for my kids to grow up in this program and man does it get ripped on a lot. They have to have played one of the toughest schedules in MN so far this year, but you do have to produce some wins in those close games. Funny how winning solves so many problems.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

wbmd wrote:
wblhockguy06 wrote:well it didnt take all of 2 minutes for hansen to get benched again. He got into a scruff in front of the net and ended up in the penalty box, and now he is riding the pine pony.
Sounds like Hansen really has a attitude problem.
i went to middle school with him, he has one of the biggest attitude problems in the world, and an ego that can barely fit in the xcel energy center
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

chedderhead69 wrote:Usually somebody has already called for WBL coach to get canned and how horrible he is and he is the down fall of the program. I like the farming comparison...makes sense to me. I would love for my kids to grow up in this program and man does it get ripped on a lot. They have to have played one of the toughest schedules in MN so far this year, but you do have to produce some wins in those close games. Funny how winning solves so many problems.
See page 4...
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

Ahh yes...big bold letters even. Think by the same guy who usually calls for his head. Might as well they have had quite a caoching carousel in that city...why have any stability?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

chedderhead69 wrote:Ahh yes...big bold letters even. Think by the same guy who usually calls for his head. Might as well they have had quite a caoching carousel in that city...why have any stability?
IMHO, Its not completely unwarranted. WB's youth program wins. A lot. Yet at the high school level they can't get out of the first round. I'm not saying the coach is screwing them up, but he's not advancing them at all.
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

Wasn't someone saying thier youth program is down as of late? Not refuting your claim at all BTW. I have a friend who has a mite in thier youth program and he sings pretty good praises of the whole system top to bottom. He has been at all of WBL home games (area games) this year and he says they have been really good games to watch, sucks they can't pull some of them out he said...but very competitive against good competition.

I just always think that people who complain about something like this should take a hard look at some other organizations that really struggle and actually see how good they really got it. We have a few good teams here in the Milwaukee Metro area, but man it would be great to live over there and actually have to choose betwen several great games that could be going on any night. Just look at the Schwan's Cup lineup...incredible. Are all those games played in the Super Rink Complex they have down there or are they scattered across the metro area?
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Ankles Pierre, Jr. wrote:Just want to clear up: Chedd is no relation to AP nor to anyone at Hill-Murray!
I'm not related to AP either, but I wish I was.

Hell, we were probably friends back in school...
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

Sparlimb wrote: I'm not related to AP either, but I wish I was.

Hell, we were probably friends back in school...
FF
WBBASE

Post by WBBASE »

sachishi4 wrote:
wbmd wrote:
wblhockguy06 wrote:well it didnt take all of 2 minutes for hansen to get benched again. He got into a scruff in front of the net and ended up in the penalty box, and now he is riding the pine pony.
Sounds like Hansen really has a attitude problem.
i went to middle school with him, he has one of the biggest attitude problems in the world, and an ego that can barely fit in the xcel energy center

Runs in the family. His brother is great, and so is Jake. But they can't get over how good they are. Big attitude problems, run their mouths a ton. But they can play hockey with the best. I just hope they can both stay out of trouble long enough to make big names for themselves.
boblee

Post by boblee »

What will WBL do with Collette when he gets back? And why did Corey get yanked in this game?
WBBASE

Post by WBBASE »

boblee wrote:What will WBL do with Collette when he gets back? And why did Corey get yanked in this game?

Johnny V deserves to play. He looks great out there. Collette needs some more experience in JV before he's ready, but he should start next year.
boblee

Post by boblee »

WBBASE wrote:
boblee wrote:What will WBL do with Collette when he gets back? And why did Corey get yanked in this game?

Johnny V deserves to play. He looks great out there. Collette needs some more experience in JV before he's ready, but he should start next year.
Alright. What abou Corey?
WBBASE

Post by WBBASE »

boblee wrote:
WBBASE wrote:

Alright. What abou Corey?

Haven't seen enough of Corey.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Corey played well against Hill. Does anyone know why he got yanked?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

WBBASE wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:
wbmd wrote: Sounds like Hansen really has a attitude problem.

Runs in the family. His brother is great, and so is Jake. But they can't get over how good they are. Big attitude problems, run their mouths a ton. But they can play hockey with the best. I just hope they can both stay out of trouble long enough to make big names for themselves.
Zach just committed to play for Quinnipiac (sp) out east next year. He is playing for Sioux Falls right now. I think the Bears miss him more this year than Grun.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

and Grun sure isn't doing much for Sioux Falls. Starting to think he was overrated as a player.
hillboy05

Post by hillboy05 »

I have played against and with the hansen brothers...and there two great kids. They work extremley hard and are very competitive. In the heat of the moment when your competing hard somethings happen but im sure alot of you dont know that or dont remember that. For some of you white bear fans you sound jelous of their accomplishments. And for Grun the last i heard he is doing well and is working his way into a regular shift in a highly skilled league. Its the USHL not high school.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

You went to Hill and your grammar/spelling is that bad?
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Academic Presumptions:

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

schwang17 wrote:You went to Hill and your grammar/spelling is that bad?
The fact, that you expect more from a Hill student, speaks volumes.
hillboy05

Post by hillboy05 »

ooo.....im sorry mom its a forum i really dont care how bad my grammar is, you people get so worked up on nothing...get a life