Hill Murray's Banners

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should they be required to take them down because they are incorrect?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 36

HShockeywatcher

Hill Murray's Banners

Post by HShockeywatcher »

It was pointed out earlier that there wasn't the Class A and AA system when Hill Murray won state, but they have the banners up saying they won the Class AA championship.
I noticed that this last week too.
What should they read?

Also, they read something like "Boy's State Champions" and it should be "Boys' State Champions". Making all us private schools look bad putting the apostrophy in the wrong place...
GoldenElbow

Post by GoldenElbow »

...............or spelling apostrophe incorrectly................................
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

GoldenElbow wrote:...............or spelling apostrophe incorrectly................................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
insert rolly guy here
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Personally I think they should have to take them down... and maybe CDH might want to make the banner from last years championship a little bigger! Maybe half the size of HM's would be fine! ahhh they all cheat! who cares!

The slinger
mnjorc

Post by mnjorc »

I think its up to them if they really feel like presenting themselves that way. I actually never even noticed the banner, even after being at Aldrich for three days in a row this week. I will have to pay more attention next time I am there.
HShockeywatcher

Sorry, I'm not perfect on spelling. My bad. I would just wonder why they'd even make them in the first place. It seems really odd to me.
MNPrepHockey1

Post by MNPrepHockey1 »

honestly the apostrophe mistake is not a large issue but as far as the misprint of the class that might be an issue in my opinion. If it was the apostrophe alone I would not take them down but since the class issue was brought up I would seriously contemplate the take down
HShockeywatcher

Okay, the apostrophe was more of a joke. It's not as big of a deal, but in my opinion it is sad that it was screwed up.

The real issue should be corrected though. Can anyone tell us what the three of them should say?
stpaul

HM's State Champions

Post by stpaul »

HMs 4 State Championship Hockey teams:

Hill High School
1970 State Catholic Schools Champion
Hill-Murray High School
1972 State Independent Schools Champion
1983 MSHSL State Champions
1991 MSHSL State Champions
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

How about STA not putting Class A champs on their banner, just Boys Hockey Champs.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

"A" Phonies

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

Zeke16 wrote:How about STA not putting Class A champs on their banner, just Boys Hockey Champs.
Got 'im! The whole world outside STA is confusing and unfair to HSHockeyWatcher! How long was he locked away in that all-boys school, anyway?!

The term “AA” should have no real significance, but today, “AA” has become a kind of shorthand for “Not Class A.” Of course, we used to receive an “A” only for reaching the highest level of excellence, but that was before some underachievers created a new tournament dubbed “Class A”(instead of the more descriptive “Class C minus”).

However, Hill-Murray won all of its Championships at the highest level of whichever State Tournament did not exclude schools for being too good, too big, or too Catholic. The only way Hill-Murray wants to see another team ousted is through defeat, in the hockey arena, at the hands of the Pioneers!

AP wants the above, last two paragraphs painted, like at the Sistine Chapel, across the entire ceiling of Aldrich Arena, but they’ll probably just keep the “AA” banners instead.

P. S.
AP likens the apostrophe mystery to those of the Holy Trinity, Mary being conceived without original sin, or Neil Armstrong’s “One small step for Man…” speech. In other words: Honor Thy Mother and Fathers’ Club. If they want the apostrophe before the “s,” who are we to question?
HShockeywatcher

AP, it's great how you are the one to bring up St Thomas in threads and not me. What does this one have to do with them? Nothing.

Thanks stpaul
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Zeke16 wrote:How about STA not putting Class A champs on their banner, just Boys Hockey Champs.
As much as AP would like to claim it, credit for this one goes to Neutron14's older brother, Zeke16.
HShockeywatcher

Re: "A" Phonies

---
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HShockeywatcher

[quote="Ankles Pierre, Jr."]Got 'im! The whole world outside STA is confusing and unfair to HSHockeyWatcher! How long was he locked away in that all-boys school, anyway?![/i]

This is what I was referring to. You could've made the rest of your post just fine and only talked about the topic at hand.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

HShockeywatcher wrote:You could've made the rest of your post just fine and only talked about the topic at hand.
Where's the fun in that?

HShockeywatcher asks a flawed two-part question with a faulty premise that there is something wrong with the banners... first, HShockeywatcher combines HIS OWN OPINION into the question as if it were an undisputable fact (see AP’s first post on the previous page)... second, asking that HShockeywatcher or any other jealous bigot have any say over what a private HS displays on its own banners is made even more ABSURD considering… HShockeywatcher's STA… ON ITS OWN BANNER… claims to be THE State Champs… but conveniently leaves out the one important detail: ITS SECOND TIER "Class A" STATUS.

If one can ignore HShockeywatcher's illegibility... notice that in his original post, HShockeywatcher tries to raise HIS OWN STATUS or STA’s by claiming Hill-Murray were “Making all us private schools look bad…." Is HShockeywatcher saying he, himself, is a private school (AP is starting to doubt that HShockeywatcher even attended STA or has any association with any private school)?

HShockeywatcher asks that his opinions be considered on this board, then cries when his opinions are found lacking. HShockeywatcher, if you want to play with the big boys, quit hiding behind your "Class A" bench.
HShockeywatcher

Wow, you make me laugh. It's just funny how you keep going on and on and make no sense. And even more so you were on here at 4 am.

I haven't seen St Thomas' banner, but if it did say State Champs, that's what they were. They aren't wrong for not stating a class. While I don't believe it because EVERY other banner of theirs does. On the other hand Hill's states something that's wrong.

No, I'm not a private school, but I went to one. Not even going to comment on that.

Good day
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

HShockeywatcher wrote:Wow, you make me laugh. It's just funny how you keep going on and on and make no sense. And even more so you were on here at 4 am.
AP, up nearly until dawn, rocking a baby, still has better command of the English language than at least one 8:53 poster (and so does AP's baby)!
HShockeywatcher wrote: No, I'm not a private school, but I went to one. Not even going to comment on that.
Uh... think you just did. However, "No Comment" might have been a better title for this thread and nearly all of your posts! You may want to ask STA for your money back.

P. S.
Don't come back here with your usual "Nobody likes me" or "Nobody understands my questions."
If there's no crying in baseball, there's certainly none in hockey!
HShockeywatcher

So for those of you who aren't AP who said you don't think they should have to take them down, why not?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

I concur with AP.

STA needs to put "Lowest Class" on their banner.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Feel free to quote AP when you answer HSHockeyStalker's question...
Ankles Pierre, Jr. wrote:
Got 'im! The whole world outside STA is confusing and unfair to HSHockeyWatcher! How long was he locked away in that all-boys school, anyway?!

The term “AA” should have no real significance, but today, “AA” has become a kind of shorthand for “Not Class A.” Of course, we used to receive an “A” only for reaching the highest level of excellence, but that was before some underachievers created a new tournament dubbed “Class A”(instead of the more descriptive “Class C minus”).

However, Hill-Murray won all of its Championships at the highest level of whichever State Tournament did not exclude schools for being too good, too big, or too Catholic. The only way Hill-Murray wants to see another team ousted is through defeat, in the hockey arena, at the hands of the Pioneers!

AP wants the above, last two paragraphs painted, like at the Sistine Chapel, across the entire ceiling of Aldrich Arena, but they’ll probably just keep the “AA” banners instead.

P. S.
AP likens the apostrophe mystery to those of the Holy Trinity, Mary being conceived without original sin, or Neil Armstrong’s “One small step for Man…” speech. In other words: Honor Thy Mother and Fathers’ Club. If they want the apostrophe before the “s,” who are we to question?
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

So is it a diss if someone says they got beaten by someone from the lowest class?
That is all,
NumberCruncher
HShockeywatcher

Not sure. St Thomas was the ONLY team to beat Hill Murray last season.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

I don't mean to nit pick HSHockey but they did lose to GR in the semis at the X.

EDIT

And lose to Blane for third place
HShockeywatcher

Nit pick all you want, but that was the post-season.

Although you can look at their schedule from last year and see the only L during the season was to St Thomas, it was also shown during the game on FSN against Cretin.

Hill Murray was 23-1-1 with one loss to the Cadets and one tie to the Stars.