St Thomas @ Hill-Murray 1-11-07

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:53 pm

St Thomas Academy
25%
Hill Murray
75%

Total votes: 57

Monsterstick12

Post by Monsterstick12 »

ok so eveyone on the pioneers team voiced their oppinion here. I think STA takes this game. hey they did it last year. why not again? Nick larson is a joke.

STA 4

HM 2
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

If Hill wins, will the STA people turn silent as the Tartan people...one can only hope.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Hey monsterstick,
You must not have been watching the first white bear lake game, that goal was sick. Also, there's a nick larson on St Thomas' team who is the pts leader, but we know who you were talking about.

Sure, if Hill shuts us out, which they won't, we'll shut up. But otherwise, there's still one more game, St Thomas lost the first and won the second last year.
Monsterstick12

Post by Monsterstick12 »

are you arguing or with me? youre confusing hockeywatcher. Im saying STA will win. HM is a load. They are all cocky rich boys who's daddys buy there way into the system. Cmon cadets!
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Monsterstick12 wrote:They are all cocky rich boys who's daddys buy there way into the system. Cmon cadets!
You forgot to mention that for a cocky team they sure seem to beat you guys everytime they play...

And for a nice Catholic education, you don't know which "there/their/they're" to use. Sad to see a good education gone to waste...
HShockeywatcher

I wasn't disagreeing with you, meerly pointing out that neither Nick Larson is bad, but if Hill's Nick Larson was bad, you should specific, because dumb people will say things like "you're calling your own teammate bad?". That's all.

In my opinion, Hill is Larson, Phillippi and a good supporting cast.
St Thomas is Crandall, Lee, Larson, Rooney and other good forwards.

St Thomas' offense will score, as they did 5 times in each meeting last year. Crandall will probably have an amazing game as he has been all year with a mistake here and there. Hill Murray will score and probably out shoot St Thomas. Both of these teams are very good, but, in my humble opinion, this game comes down to one thing; ST THOMAS DEFENSE. If they play well the cadets win, if not it will be a high scoring loss like at home 5-8 last year.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Nick larson is a joke.
:lol: .

Well you sure set yourself up for a bashing, but I'll refrain from doing it. Instead, I'll let "The Joker" and the H-M boys take it on the ice tomorrow night.
HShockeywatcher

Starlimb,
They don't win every time, they went 1-1 last year and Hil had 5 GA both games. 5 is more GA than ANY other team gave them last year AND their only loss during the 25 game regular season. So, win or lose, I think a little respect is deserved, as I have given Hill from the start.

As for the second part, sure putting "there" when it should have been "their" was a huge deal. But this is a forum where that should not matter and even spelling 'there' correctly is better than more people do. But I see you knew what he/she meant, so we can move on, right?
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

When listing the top players for STA and HIll how do you leave out.

Zepeda for Hill he has 21 points

and for STA how do you leave out Walters freshmen leading the team with 21 points and Saintey with 15 and the leading play maker on the team in assists.

I say its close whoever wins wins the conference is what I understand.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Starlimb,
They don't win every time, they went 1-1 last year and Hil had 5 GA both games. 5 is more GA than ANY other team gave them last year AND their only loss during the 25 game regular season. So, win or lose, I think a little respect is deserved, as I have given Hill from the start.

As for the second part, sure putting "there" when it should have been "their" was a huge deal. But this is a forum where that should not matter and even spelling 'there' correctly is better than more people do. But I see you knew what he/she meant, so we can move on, right?
Well, as I said in the Tartan game, this game doesn't mean much to Hill. If you come in and beat us, congrats. Big win for you, not much for us. If we beat you and win another conference title, whoppeedoo. Move up to AA, win your section and beat us in state. Then you'll get respect...
Lopresti

Post by Lopresti »

Crandall a bit overrated? Terrible against CDH, played o.k. but bonehead play lost to Edina, lost to Brainerd. Wins have been against cupcakes. Can he win a big game? Until then,
HM -6
STA -3
HShockeywatcher

Oh really Starlimb, coming from the team who lost to Grand Rapids last year. Oh yeah, and Blaine. yeah, you have a lot to brag about.

The winner of this game does not for sure win the conference, but without a tie or upset they will be at least co-champions.

As far as Crandall being overrated, you obviously have not seen him play. Even the best goalie in the world cannot do anything with out defense. He has three shut outs this year, even in a lop sided game teams usually score at least once. Sure he made one mistake at the Edina game which ended it, but he was the reason they didn't lose by a lot more and if there was more help the rest of the game they would've won before OT, so don't put that on his shoulders. All this is why the result of this game will come down to St Thomas' defense. Can HE win a big game? Buddy, this is a team sport. Why is it all on his shoulders?
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

HShockeywatcher, chill. Hill-Murray had 3 of it's star skaters playing with injuries that held them and the team back, therefore holding back potential and leading to the losses in the state tournament last year. But anyways, Sparlimb is right. Move to "AA" and then try and get to the big show (The respect will come then).

And who really cares about the results of last year? Both teams have lost and gained players since then, so let's stop relating everything to last year.

That was then, this is now.
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

look at the scores verse richfield:

sta game:3-0 with an empty netter

hill game:11-2 with a very nonchalant effort by hill
Monsterstick12

Post by Monsterstick12 »

Cadets will take this game, no problem. Those Hill boys are going to go tumbling down the hill...hahaha wow im funny. CADETS ROCK!
The Bender

Post by The Bender »

Hahaha monsterstick you are a classic man. Hill-Murray a bunch a cocky rich kids who get in because of there daddy? Are you serious? Look at your boys, the cadets. What it only costs 20 grand a year or so. Wow that was such a excellent point by you.
Nick Larson a joke huh? Don't hear much backup on that one. Gopher recruit, expected to go in the top two rounds of the nhl draft. Those scouts must be stupid to believe he is any good! He only tore your team up with hoeffel and skarda last season i believe.
You know what I think? You are the joke.

As for the game should be a great one. I don't think I can predict a score but I have seen both teams play and they are rather similar, great forwards and suspect d with solid goaltending. I bet it is a high scorer that ends a tie or one goal game each way.
mnjorc

Post by mnjorc »

STA needs to play smart to pull this one off. I think that they can do it, they just need to prove to everyone that says they cant do it that they really can otherwise all those people will be happy and telling everyone that they were right. I would like to see the Cadets prove some people wrong, but they need to play and think in order to make it happen. We will see in just a few hours who shows up at the rink ready to play.
HShockeywatcher

Although comparing scores doesn't mean anything, you can only compare which column the X went under; W, L, T. But as I pointed out, in the Richfield game, St Thomas wasn't scored on, as Hill was.

And if we look at against Tartan.
St Thomas won 4-0 at Tartan.
Hill won 4-2 at Aldrich.

So, what can we conclude from these scores? NOTHING! Paper means nothing, that's why they play. It'll be a good game. Show up at 8 and may the best rich kids win.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

STA will never get the proper respect as along as they remain in Class A. Vannelli should push the administration to opt up, but I think he prefers to shy away from the Big Boys. This way his kids get to say they played in a state tournament and the parents are giddy. I guess if playing in an arena 1/2 empty is your ultimate goal, go for it. If you don't wanna run with the big dogs, stay on the porch (Woof). Oh wait, here comes a little dog (Class A) to play with...there ya go. Good Boy, STA...now sit....roll-over....Good Boy STA.
dangles07

Post by dangles07 »

i guess i see what you mean about crandall in big games
because he didnt single handidly save the cadets in their 3 state tournament games and win a state championship i can definatly see where your coming from though
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

I'm gonna go with...

Hill Murray - 4
St. Thomas Academy - 3

In Ooooooovertime!!! :shock:
droppin'gloves

Post by droppin'gloves »

Pioneerprideguy, way to take the high road. Those are big words from a team that lost to STA last year, you guys should know as well as anyone who deserves respect. Out of curiosity who won a championship last year? STA is in its infancy of hockey excellence. Give it a little time and they will be more than happy to prevent you from winning the State Tournament for years to come. After all, Bloomington Jefferson had to do it for a long time and AHA and Cretin must be getting tired of sending you home without the hardware.
stpaul

HM - STA

Post by stpaul »

Final score from Aldrich:

Hill-Murray 4, St. Thomas Academy 1.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

votes in...

pretender
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Great game tonight. Hill controlled the entire game, even when STA was on the PP. Thorough domination
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20