St Thomas @ Hill-Murray 1-11-07

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:53 pm

St Thomas Academy
25%
Hill Murray
75%

Total votes: 57

CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

dangles07 wrote: he didnt single handidly save the cadets in their 3 state tournament games and win a state championship i can definatly see where your coming from though
I hope you are not trying to be sarcastic. Schroeder and company had to come up huge to save Crandalls backside against Orono, and hermantown
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Neither team played particularly well. Both looked sluggish early but HM shook it off to get a good win at Aldrich. Game was closer than the score indicated (4-1 with an empty netter) but it was apparent that HM was setting the tempo of the game. Cadets missed some good opportunities that they must capitalize on to make the rematch competitive.

All in all very good game. Phillipi (sp?) was very solid and made some very good saves including a great glove off a shot from Larson. Can't wait for the Pioneers to come to Mendota to face the boys in blue again.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

1-4 loss with an empty netter for the Cadets.

Stars of the game: Aaron Crandall and Nick Larson (HM)

Very good game, could've gone either way the whole game. Although the puck was on St Thomas' end probably 2 or 3 times as much as it was on Hill's, St Thomas played good D tonight. Hill is a much bigger team than St Thomas which was good for them.

One thing that could've changed the game a little bit was the lack of penalty calling on Hill. With how St Thomas did with the power plays they had, I really don't think it would've changed the game, maybe by a goal, but not more than that. Hill is a much bigger team than St Thomas and they were pushing them every chance they got. There were many missed tripping and late hit calls.

As for the game, Hill played solid offense and defense. Didn't see much out of Phillippi, but when you're only getting half as many shots as the other team it's hard to. St Thomas COULD have easily won by a couple of goals; they missed 5 or 6 what I would've called easy scoring chances.

All in all, really good game.
CrossbarandIn99

thestickler07 wrote:Neither team played particularly well. Both looked sluggish early but HM shook it off to get a good win at Aldrich. Game was closer than the score indicated (4-1 with an empty netter) but it was apparent that HM was setting the tempo of the game. Cadets missed some good opportunities that they must capitalize on to make the rematch competitive.

All in all very good game. Phillipi (sp?) was very solid and made some very good saves including a great glove off a shot from Larson. Can't wait for the Pioneers to come to Mendota to face the boys in blue again.

shots for the game?
HShockeywatcher

1st
HM - 18
STA - 9

2nd
HM - 19
STA - 10

3rd
Not sure
RBK26

hm

Post by RBK26 »

who scored in the game
HShockeywatcher

Nick Larson scored their 1st, 3rd, and 4th(empty netter)

Not sure about the 2nd

St Thomas' goal was boggled by a bunch of people.
Trashman

Phillippi and shots

Post by Trashman »

HShockeywatcher; How can you say you didn't see much out of Phillippi after saying STA would score lots of goals like they did last year? :roll: As for your claim about the shots, you were right about the 1st period but the overall shots for the game were 34-28; I'm glad I didn't go to the same school as you or else I might think that 28 is half as many as 34. :oops: :oops: :oops:
CrossbarandIn99

Re: Phillippi and shots

Trashman wrote:HShockeywatcher; How can you say you didn't see much out of Phillippi after saying STA would score lots of goals like they did last year? :roll: As for your claim about the shots, you were right about the 1st period but the overall shots for the game were 34-28; I'm glad I didn't go to the same school as you or else I might think that 28 is half as many as 34. :oops: :oops: :oops:
HShockeywatcher is the biggest STA homer around.. you cant take anything he says seriously..."not much" of out Phillippi who makes 27 of 28 saves..but "Crandall is a star of the game giving up 4 goals on 34 shots"?

LOL
mnjorc

Post by mnjorc »

HM simply outplayed STA. Yes you can try to blame the fact that STA had more penalties than HM, but most of the penalties were good calls. The reffs did miss a couple that could have been called on HM, but like someone else said it probably would not have changed the outcome of the game. Any bad calls by the reffs in this game will be really scrutinized, they were being evaluated at the game tonight. STA played a fairly decent game, but still made more mistakes than HM and it cost them the game. Having Rooney out from his penalty from the previous game also did not help. We will see what happens later on this year when HM goes over to STA to play. It could be more of the same, it could go the other way. Its up to the players to decide what they want to take from this game and learn from it.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

HShockeywatcher wrote: Very good game, could've gone either way the whole game. Although the puck was on St Thomas' end probably 2 or 3 times as much as it was on Hill's, St Thomas played good D tonight.

One thing that could've changed the game a little bit was the lack of penalty calling on Hill.... There were many missed tripping and late hit calls.

Didn't see much out of Phillippi, but when you're only getting half as many shots as the other team it's hard to. St Thomas COULD have easily won by a couple of goals; they missed 5 or 6 what I would've called easy scoring chances.
HShockeywatcher wrote:1st
HM - 18
STA - 9

2nd
HM - 19
STA - 10

3rd
Not sure
HShockeywatcher wrote:Nick Larson scored their 1st, 3rd, and 4th(empty netter)
Not sure about the 2nd .

Per usual, not only is he terrible with his analysis, but he cannot even get his stats straight!

Dolan had the first goal. Larson followed with a hat trick.

Both goalies played well, but Phillippi and an often tentative Hill dominated STA in all aspects of play.

Hill let down in the second after tiring from killing off several penalties (leading to STA’s loan goal). Referees were not slanted in Hill’s favor.

Hill out shot STA 18 to 9 in the first and coasted to the 4-1 win; the outcome was never in doubt. Larson barely broke a sweat.
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

How about the Hissy fit that STA's #4 threw, after a ligit penalty. The only penalty that wasn't legit was the charging call on STA's 19. The biggest non call of the game came on a near mugging by a STA player just before Larson Slammed home the first of his 3 goals.
Morris Wanchuk

Amen to that

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

AP Mo is not bored enough to read this whole thread. So he is pickin the catholics to win!! :oops:

OK OK
H/M 5
STA 2

(that goalie is psycho)

Peace be with you.

unless of course you've played the game already in which case Mo will take the final score. :lol:
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

Hey AP, I asked this on another thread but where do you think the transfer callups will be put once they come up? They will be eligible for Tuesday's game. Singerhouse is a lock, but where will he play? Widing is a question mark (though sure to be a two year starter as he is just a sophmore) and I don't know much about O'Brien. :?: :?:
Morris Wanchuk

patience my lil grasshoppa

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

Trashman wrote:Hey AP, I asked this on another thread but where do you think the transfer callups will be put once they come up? They will be eligible for Tuesday's game. Singerhouse is a lock, but where will he play? Widing is a question mark (though sure to be a two year starter as he is just a sophmore) and I don't know much about O'Brien. :?: :?:
yeah and he answered you there..... :wink:
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

OOPS :oops: sorry I haven't been back to check, my bad
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Trashman wrote: The biggest non call of the game came on a near mugging by a STA player just before Larson Slammed home the first of his 3 goals.
Absolutely right! Plus the no-call left Larson in the perfect position back at the scene of the crime!
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

AP Can you keep a secret? I doubt it
Morris Wanchuk

killin me

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

Trashman wrote:AP Can you keep a secret? I doubt it
Image keep yopur tongue out of it.... :lol:
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Trashman wrote:AP Can you keep a secret? I doubt it
Send it to my private email... but don't reveal my secret identity (don't want any STA cross-dressing mafia after me).
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

Morris, that was an ignorant reply. I just want to know if i can privately tell AP something today without reading about it tommorrow
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Trashman wrote:Morris, that was an ignorant reply. I just want to know if i can privately tell AP something today without reading about it tommorrow
Yep, and just ignore Slappy.
Morris Wanchuk

Encore...puhleeze

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

Trashman wrote:Morris, that was an ignorant reply. I just want to know if i can privately tell AP something today without reading about it tommorrow
Than I would suggest a private message rather than a public massage. Don't ignore slappy hes cool and almost as smart as AP. If Slappy had AP's smarts he woulda stayed in (private) school. :lol:
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

How many years did they hold you back before giving you the boot?
Morris Wanchuk

sorry I invaded your thread, geez

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

HAHA I was spoiled...only my brothers and sisters hadda go there!! And kinda funny is I am the most Moral of us all!!! :lol: