Cretin-Derham Hall Repeat

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will CDH Repeat

Poll ended at Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes: 37

CDHHockey

Cretin-Derham Hall Repeat

Post by CDHHockey »

Can CDH repeat as AA state champions?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Can they? Yes

Will they? Who knows?
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

i think that before they think about repeating as AA state champs.... that they first should worry about getting past woodbury in sections.... they have their hands full with that task as it is...
HShockeywatcher

Ummm, Cretin is by no way a shoe in to state (although the favorite from 2AA), but what are you talking about? They shut out Woodbury the first time they played this year...
Garret Larson

woww

Post by Garret Larson »

ONCE AGAIN, WOODBURY HAS N O SHOT AGAINST CDH[/u]
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

they palyed there back-up goalie... and played terrible... the shots were 27-29 CDH.. it was in no way a 5-0 game... they play once again... with the way woodbury is playing it will be a good one...
And garret larson.... You have no reason to talk... u think tartan should be ranked in the top ten of state... you dont understand that woodbury and CDH could work your team anyday of the week.. haha.. ahh god i love HS kids...
breakout

Post by breakout »

Doubt it.
PioneerMAN

Post by PioneerMAN »

Hey Garrett Larsen i dont know what your deal is but Woodbury lost 3-2 in the section final to the team that won the state tournement 7-0? and they werent even ranked last year i dont belive? their number 13 right now.... you have no clue, and if your from tartan you really need to be quiet because your embarrassing yourself and your team by saying that.
ihavesuperpowers

Post by ihavesuperpowers »

It was a joke they won in the first place...I will bet everything I own that they won't get a state title this year. To many teams that are better than they are. LIKE MOORHEAD!!!
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

ummm.. how can u call the class AA state champions a joke? jw... they deserved to win it last year.... they played great... A Joke... not quite...
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

I have super powers is turning into I am a moron. By the way, you must not own much if you're willing to bet it all
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

This was a topic earlier in the year. It is very hard to repeat as Champs.. AHA knows that all to well. I saw them play, but without Hickey and McDonough and they looked kind of lost. You need to play well even when you lose your best players... Repeat, I do not think so. My Opinion..
HShockeywatcher

hey spiderman,
if there's all those good teams, and last year was a joke, why can't they win this year? They're called upsets, last year was full of them...

When they make it to state, though, I do not think they will get a top 4 seed so what happens there is all up in the air.
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

*** If they make it to state... they are in no way a shoe in...
HShockeywatcher

They aren't a shoe in, but no one will beat them in sections. When was correct. I'm from St Thomas, Cretin not making it to the State Football ending a 15 year streak was glorious for me. Them not making it here would be too, but there is no one to stop them.
hockeyoo

Post by hockeyoo »

^^^wow everything you say amazes me :roll: ^^^

if st. thomas is so good they should be AA

if cretin beat woodbury

ahhh WOW
ddangleman17

Post by ddangleman17 »

why would st thomas want to be a AA team then they would'nt be the all mighty Tommies they would just be an average team that would finish five hundred and lose first game of sections. They would rather stay in where they are and be a great JV team i mean A team.
ihavesuperpowers

Post by ihavesuperpowers »

CDH would have not won the state tourney last year if there wasnt all of the upsets in sections. But nothing against CDH they definatley deserved the title last year.
HShockeywatcher

Not sure how this moved to St Thomas. But to not ramble for three pages on what you said, what you are suggesting is called the Tier system from what I understand; a team moving up just because they are good one year. It was tried and didn't work. If St Thomas has to move up after only 2 years of being any good, then Warroad, Eveleth, Int. Falls, Hibbing, Thief River Falls, Duluth Marshall, Rochester Lourdes, Red Wing and probably some other should all move up, as they have all had MORE success than St Thomas.

I do, however, think that if Anders graduates with 4 STAte titles under his belt, then maybe it's time to consider moving up to 2AA. That would be cool because the 3A games at the beginning of the season could be substituted with 2AA games, they already play Tartan, they could play Cretin maybe 3 times a year, and then play other 2AA teams. I think that would be really cool, as there are only 7 teams in 2AA this year. But until St Thomas shows year after year they can win, it doesn't make sense. You really think 2 OT wins and a come from behind with 5 minutes left win in the Class A tournament makes you a Class AA team?
hockeyoo

Post by hockeyoo »

well i guess not everything you say blows me away...

thank you for proving my point
HShockeywatcher

I didn't at all prove your point at all. But you can think that if you'd like.
slapshooter

6,198th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

7-0....some Joke !

SImage S
TTpuckster

May make it to dance

Post by TTpuckster »

But the ultimate winner will be

M :idea: :idea: RHEAD