Hermantown @ Hibbing 2/3

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who gets the first seed in 7A

Hermantown
59%
Hibbing
41%

Total votes: 49

upnorthhockey

Post by upnorthhockey »

is that a joke or what? hibbings defensive breakdowns have been at fault for alot of there losses, and by alot i mean 3...
the buffer 04

Post by the buffer 04 »

hibbing-4
hermantown-2

should be a great game thou
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

Hockeyfan, you either haven't seen hibbing play or don't know what depth means. Haha one of the big reasons hibbing is winning this year is because they have three solid lines. It's ok to say Hermantown will win but pick a reason that makes sense. It sounded good nice try, but hey get the facts straight haha.
bringiton22

Post by bringiton22 »

I honestly wouldnt be shocked if this game was a blowout. In the 4 games Hibbings been tested this year they are 0-3-1. Roseau beat them up pretty good 6-0. BSM was too much for them, as was Cloquet. They tied a Rapids team that has laid an egg in every big game they've been in this year. The rest of their games are filled in with conference games, some section games, and a handfull of below average AA teams. Not gonna impress me with that. I just don't think Hibbing has enough to beat Hermantown.

3-0 Hawks, but it could be a route.
cu@darink

Post by cu@darink »

Was going to hold off on this one but

Hawks 2
Jackets 0
see you at the rink!
JLS 81

Schedule

Post by JLS 81 »

You are impressed with Hermantown's schedule? Come on, how many "little sisters" does a very solid team need in a 25 game schedule? If you are going to rip Hibbing I would not compare schedules between the two clubs. Let 'em drop the puck and see who comes out a winner I think after Saturday night you will have a new opinion with ragards to Hibbing Bluejackets of 2006-2007.
Wheelecor

Post by Wheelecor »

hibbing with a 3-2 win in overtime with decenso scoring the winning goal
bringiton22

Post by bringiton22 »

Hey im not saying Hermantown has the hardest schedule, we've beaton this horse to death I think. My point was nothing to do with "who has the harder schedule". My point was that in every game Hibbings been tested in this year they have not come through. And that is why I think Hermantown will be able to handle them.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Who has hermantown beaten that they can say they have proven themselves?? So Hibbing lost 3 games to top ten ranked double a schools and all of a sudden hermantown is gonna handle them? at least hibbing plays some good double a schools. we'll just have to see how hermantown does tonight against cloquet, but i still don't think you can say hibbing isn't good because they haven't won "a big game", maybe hermantown should step up and play teams like BSM, Roseau, etc..
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

Hibbing is a damn good hockey damn with one hell of a first line. All this crap about the scedules... does it really matter who plays who when? Who cares who plays what AA school or who played the most top ten teams. After saturday nite its not going to matter....none of it.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

your right none of it matters, i was just responding to bringiton who said hibbing can't win their big games. if hermantown has more confidence playing single a schools and boasting an undefeated record, so be it, and if hibbing feels more prepared by playing better schools even though they might lose, let em. and bringiton, what happened in the tie to duluth marshall?? that was one game where hermantown was tested and couldn't come away with the W..
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

yeah that game with marshall was perty interesting. Marshall outshot hermantown like 48-32 or something like that. A lot of people said that marshall deserved to win but i think both teams looked just as good as the other.
gutcheck00

Post by gutcheck00 »

Marshall should've won the game. They killed them in shots and scoring opportunities. Hermantown is a little overrated. Hibbing wins this matchup 5-2.
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

hawkeyfan wrote:every year this game is rematch of who knocked who out of playoffs. personally i don't think it matters who gets the number one seed because these guys will be playing each other in section finals.

this year hibbing will win the #1 but hermantown will go to state
hibbing 2
hermantown 1
I'll take Hibbing 5 - 3.

The number one seed is huge. They are playing 4 or 5 for a crack at the winner of 2 and 3. #1 should handle 4 or 5 (Falls goalie is the BIG factor if Falls is 4 or 5...the kid is scary). The game between 2 and 3 will be hard fot no matter who the teams are. There is not a lot of rest between the play off games.
boblee

Post by boblee »

#4A Hibbing hosts #1A Hermantown
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

boblee, are you going to be in hibbing for this one?
upnorthhockey

Post by upnorthhockey »

Im REALLY mad i cant make it to this game, the 3 hour drive is just to 4 hour drive is just to much
Bringiton22- dude get a clue, hibbing hasnt been able to come through when tested... just dont open your mouth if you dont know whats coming out of it..
Hibbing 4
Hermantown 2
shots
Hibbing 42
Hermantown 43
Goals
Hibbing-
Kapella
Decenzo
Trenberth
Stompohar
Hermantown-
Leblanc
Leblanc
Jacketfan06

hibb herm

Post by Jacketfan06 »

this should be a very good game.. Hibbing has a lot more depth then just there first line.. there top three lines are playing ver yver y well and there fourth line is chipping in as well.. I havent seen hermantow this year but i know there are going to be a tough test for hibbing.. i do believe hibbing is going to come out on top.. 3 to 2 hibbing.. Go Jackets!!
boblee

Post by boblee »

nikebauer_07 wrote:boblee, are you going to be in hibbing for this one?
I'm really looking into making the trip, but im not sure yet.
bringiton22

Post by bringiton22 »

upnorthhockey -

Ive given my prediction, and backed up my reasoning for it. You obviously don't agree, but nobody seems to give a solid rebutle besides the classic "Hermantown plays nobody" speach. I'd like to hear something better then, "dude get a clue" and "just don't open your mouth if you don't know whats coming out of it".
whizzbang

Post by whizzbang »

boblee wrote:
But you'll go see Rapids @ Eveleth ??

Where are your priorities man ?? :lol:
boblee

Post by boblee »

whizzbang wrote:
boblee wrote:

It's all about the drive. 8 minutes to see Rapids and Eveleth will be made every time...45 minutes to see Hib-Herm...we'll see.
upnorthhockey

Post by upnorthhockey »

boblee wrote:
whizzbang wrote:
boblee wrote: I'm really looking into making the trip, but im not sure yet.

It's all about the drive. 8 minutes to see Rapids and Eveleth will be made every time...45 minutes to see Hib-Herm...we'll see.
Its the game of the year in 7a, besides the 7a championship
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

bringiton, i backed up my reasoning why i don't agree with you. hermantown's only big test has been against marshall and they only came out with a tie, so can i say that hermantown can't win a big game either? if hermantown played roseau, warroad, bsm, rapids would they be undefeated still?? doubtful in my opinion.
upnorthhockey

Post by upnorthhockey »

agreed nikebauer