#1 seeds vs. #8 or higher seeds

Potatohead9

#1 seeds vs. #8 or higher seeds

Post by Potatohead9 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:07 am

Im trying to understand why the #1 seed in each section isn't rewarded with a bye in the quarterfinal game?<br>This year in both classes the #1 seed has out scored their opponents 109-5 with sections 3AA, 4AA, and 6A still to play this evening I can only think that the goal differential will increase with the #1 seeds advancing.<br>So why do we bother with these games? <br>Think about it, if your team is Cloquet, WBL, Moorhead(my team) Roch Century, Jefferson, AHA, Elk River, or Hastings(upset in the semifinals against Cretin), Warroad, Breck, Virginia, St Thomas, Albert Lea, Duluth Marshall, Little Falls, and Orono wouldnt you be a bit upset if someone on your team was injured during one of these games? I cant remember the last time a #1 seed was defeated by a #8 seed. Tell me your thoughts on this matter.....Im not trying to bash or make fun of the teams that are seeded 8th. Not all teams can make it into the state tourney, only one from each section, which sometimes is a shame considering some sections have two or more tourney caliber teams. So therefore not all teams should receive a section seeding........just a thought this early in the morning and Im trying to stay awake <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... tohead9</A> at: 2/19/05 4:40 am<br></i>

OsseoGuy123

Leave it alone

Post by OsseoGuy123 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 am

They system is fine. I have no problem with the #1 playing the #8 in the quarterfinals. <p></p><i></i>

otterhockeyrocks

8 vs 1

Post by otterhockeyrocks » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:52 am

no they have to play, its only fair, this is high school hockey come on now, they are paying to play, and work their butts off they all need to have the chance, its only right. You never know when an 8 seed is going to have the greatest game....... and knock a one off. its possible, but def, cannot just eliminate them from their doings in the regular season. <p></p><i></i>

swatsy28

8 VS 1

Post by swatsy28 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Why the heck should they get a bye, upsets happen all the time, look at the the Austin vs Century. It was a close game, century had a scare. 1 seeds' reward is playing that 8 seed, and if there worried about hurting a player, then dont play your good ones, if there SOOOO good then they dont need to play there best to beat these "horrific" teams. Some conferences have 8 seeds that are just as good as 5 seeds. the fact that #1 seeds shouldnt play these teams is just outragous. <p></p><i></i>

BestActionShots

Re: 8 VS 1

Post by BestActionShots » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:03 pm

You can get hurt in any games. <br>There's no perfect system.<br> <p></p><i></i>