Down goes Frazier

cdhockeyfan

Down goes Frazier

Post by cdhockeyfan » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:05 am

CDH took down Hastings last night and it sounded like a great game. After the 4-3 win Chris Hickey now has 7 goals in the first two section games. His play has been tremendous and is a big reason why I think Cretin will win section 2AA. Also, for all the people who picked Hastings to take this section in the predictions thread, looks like you're missing some points! <p></p><i></i>

bigtime

missing points?

Post by bigtime » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:12 am

no points missed, hastings defense is god awful, goalie was bad and coaching is questionable and hastings has one great player and a couple good ones. cretin is a very very average team as is hastings. hastings outshot them 35-20. for all the number one seeds in the state hastings defense would have to be the bottom one or two. good luck to tartan in the state. <p></p><i></i>

cdhockeyfan

Re: missing points?

Post by cdhockeyfan » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:24 am

35-20 is highly doubtful on the shots. Before this game people were saying hastings was a very good team and really deserved the one seed, but now they are a very average team. well, i guess no respect for teams that come around in the end of the year and beat some good teams. <p></p><i></i>

LloydBraun

hastings

Post by LloydBraun » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:16 pm

what bigtime said about, hastings is the best way i could think to describe them, many poeple on this board questioned why hastings was seeded so high and why they were a ranked as a top team congrats to CDH you guys knocked off hastings i mean what do u want more congratulations pat on the back. <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

Re: hastings

Post by packerboy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:58 pm

I was at the game last night and agree with the comments. CDH deserved to win. Its great to get a lot of shots but it is better to tickle the twine when you have the chance. That was the diffrence...... plus goaltending.<br><br>Hastings getting the #1 seed back fired on them, as it turns out. <p></p><i></i>

goldy313

Re: hastings

Post by goldy313 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:04 pm

I was meaning to ask you Packerboy about what you thought of Cretin this year. They played those 5A powerhouses close, all 1 goal games, and seemed to be slighted by everyone in the section picks contest. I watched them handle JM like no one else has this year and I thought they were a better team than Hastings. <p></p><i></i>