College Hockey America Tournament

BSU Beavers

College Hockey America Tournament

Post by BSU Beavers » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:31 am

I realize this is a HS message board, but College Hockey America (CHA) will be hosting their Conference Tournament in Grand Rapids, MN, on March 11, 12 and 13. The Tournament is being sponsored by Wells Fargo Banks and hosted by Bemidji State University with the victor receiving an automatic berth into the NCAA D-I Tournament.<br><br>The CHA is the newest D-I Hockey Conference, founded in 1999. Members of the conference are The Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO), University of Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State University, Niagara University (Lewiston, NY), Robert Morris University (Pittsburgh, PA) and Wayne State University (Detroit, MI). Niagara went to the NCAA Tournament in 2000 as an at large team and knocked off New Hampshire before falling to North Dakota. The Conference then received an auto-bid to the NCAA tournament, starting with the 2003 tournament which saw Wayne State earn the berth with an overtime victory over Bemidji State and then fell to Michigan 4-2 in the first round of the NCAAs. Last year, Niagara earned the berth with an overtime victory over Bemidji State and then fell to Boston College 5-2 in the first round of the NCAAs.<br><br>There is Minnesota talent on these rosters.<br><br>Air Force: <br>Ross Miller, Roseau<br>Brian Reese, Brainerd<br>Jay Medenwaldt, Monticello<br>Mike Knaeble, Eden Prairie<br>Matt Charbonneau, Lakeland<br>Peter Shenk, Minnetonka<br>Ben Worker, Theif River Falls<br>Bryan Becker, Moorhead<br>Brooks and Blake Turnquist, Apple Valley<br>Coach Frank Serratore, Coleraine<br><br>Alabama-Huntsville:<br>Luke Flaig, Eden Prairie<br><br>Bemidji State:<br>Shane Holman, Hibbing<br>John Haider, Forest Lake<br>Jake Bluhm, Red Wing<br>Luke Erickson, Roseau<br>David Deterding, Alexandria<br>Ryan Miller, Fergus Falls<br>Chris Nathe, Elk River<br>Coach Tom Serratore, Coleraine<br><br>Niagara:<br>Travis Anderson, Coon Rapids<br>Tim Madsen, Elk River<br><br>Robert Morris:<br>Tom Blondich, International Falls<br>Nick Pernula, Maple Grove<br>Joel Gasper, Crookston<br>David Boguslawski, Cottage Grove<br>Bill Menozzi, Lakeville<br>Joe Tuset, Eagan<br><br>Wayne State:<br>David Perri, Plymouth<br>Bryan Olds, Duluth<br>Matt Boldt, Burnsville<br><br>Friday's games will pit the #4 versus #5 seed at 3:00 and the #3 versus #6 seed at 7:00. Saturday's games will have the #1 seed taking on 4/5 at 3:00 and the #2 taking on 3/6 at 7:00. Sunday's Championship will be at 7:00 and will also be televised live on College Sports TV (CSTV). Tickets are $45 for a five game package and can be purchased through Bemidji State or the Youth Hockey Programs of Grand Rapids and Greenway. <p></p><i></i>

BSU Beavers

Standings

Post by BSU Beavers » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:02 pm

CHA Standings as of 2/13/05:<br><br>Bemidji State 26 Pts., 4 CHA games left <br>Alabama-Huntsville 21 Pts., 6 CHA games left<br>Niagara 14 Pts, 4 CHA games left<br>Wayne State 13 Pts., 4 CHA games left<br>Air Force 10 Pts., 4 CHA games left<br>Robert Morris 8 Pts., 4 CHA games left<br><br>Bemidji State has locked up a first round bye since they can finish no worse than second. A sweep of Alabama-Huntsville in Bemidji next weekend will give the Beavers the CHA Title. <p></p><i></i>

wild77

Re: Standings

Post by wild77 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Didn't Air Force and BSU play a game in Coleraine this year? <p></p><i></i>

BSU Beavers

Update

Post by BSU Beavers » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:02 pm

Bemidji State and Air Force played a game at Coleraine last year. It was before students were back on campus at BSU, so the Serratore Brothers decided to bring their respective teams over to Coleraine for a game. I know I had fun there and the fans saw a pretty decent game.<br><br>Updated Standing in the "Race for Rapids":<br><br>Bemidji State 28 Points, 2 league games left<br>Alabama-Huntsville 23 Points, 4 league games left<br>Niagara University 18 Points, 2 league games left<br>Wayne State 13 Points, 4 league games left<br>Air Force 10 Points, 4 League games left<br>Robert Morris 8 Points, 4 league games left<br><br>With two weeks to go in the CHA season, Bemidji State and Alabama-Huntsville have locked up the first round byes. These two teams split in Bemidji this past weekend, UAH 3-1 and BSU 3-2. BSU will be playing a non-conference home and home series with UMD this weekend before traveling to Air Force to close the year. UAH is at Robert Morris and at Wayne State to close the season, Niagara hosts UMass and Robert Morris, Wayne State hosts Air Force and UAH, Air Force travels to Wayne State and hosts Bemidji, Robert Morris hosts UAH and travels to Niagara. <p>BSU BEAVERS<br><br>Visit <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.thebeaverpond.com">"The BeaverPond"</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->, the unofficial home of Bemidji State Hockey</p><i></i>