CCM All-Star game!

Blue Devils fan

CCM All-Star game!

Post by Blue Devils fan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:59 pm

THE 7TH CCM ALL-STAR HOCKEY GAME IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 8TH AND 9TH. THE FIRST GAME IS IN GRAND RAPIDS ON TUESDAY FOLLOWED BY A GAME AT THE DECC ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. BOTH EVENT START WITH A SUPER SKILLS COMPETITION AT 6:15 FOLLOWED BY THE GAME AT 7:05PM. HERE'S A LOOK AT THE ROSTERS:<br><br> <br><br>DULUTH ROSTER<br><br>G-BEN BUCHS (SSHS)<br><br>G-JASON PAUL (MARSHALL)<br><br>D-NIKKY HOLT (HERMANTOWN)<br><br>D-ADAM HAMMERBECK (SSHS)<br><br>D-KYLE OLSON (CLOQUET)<br><br>D-JESSE DOWNEY (SILVER BAY)<br><br>D-DAVE SAWATSKE (EAST)<br><br>F-SCOTT BAKER (CLOQUET)<br><br>F-RAY SEALAND (CLOQUET)<br><br>F-ROB JOHNSON (EAST)<br><br>F-MITCH RYAN (CLOQUET)<br><br>F-SCOTT KOZLAK (MARSHALL)<br><br>F-KYLE SCHMIDT (HERMANTOWN)<br><br>F-CHRIS CONNOLY (MARSHALL)<br><br>F-NATE BREDEN (SILVER BAY)<br><br>F-MIKE SISLO (SSHS)<br><br>F-BRETT OLSON (SSHS)<br><br>HEAD COACH-DAVE ESSE (CLOQUET)<br><br> <br><br>IRON RANGE ROSTER<br><br>G-BRENNEN PODERSAY (HIBBING)<br><br>G-MATT LOKEN (INT'L FALLS)<br><br>D-MATT INSKANEN (VIRGINIA-MIB)<br><br>D-KYLE HARDWICK (WARROAD)<br><br>D-ERIC OLIMB (WARROAD)<br><br>D-CHRIS BABICH (EVELETH)<br><br>D-CARL BABICH (EVELETH)<br><br>D-GRAHAM PARSON (HIBBING)<br><br>F-T.J. OSHIE (WARROAD)<br><br>F-SHEA WALTERS (HIBBING)<br><br>F-CHRIS MODICH (HIBBING)<br><br>F-JOSH BRODEEN (WARROAD)<br><br>F-MARK COLUMBUS (GRAND RAPIDS)<br><br>F-AUSTUN TAVIS (GRAND RAPIDS)<br><br>F-TOM STUNYO (GRAND RAPIDS)<br><br>F-AARON MARVIN (WARROAD)<br><br>F-KYLE ALTOBELLI (VIRGINIA-MIB)<br><br>HEAD COACH-KEITH HENDRICKSON (VIRGINIA-MIB)<br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

havek73

Question???

Post by havek73 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:41 am

Who is Graham Parson??...I've never heard of him...Are all the Iron Range D, Seniors??? <p></p><i></i>

bighair10

Re: Question???

Post by bighair10 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:10 am

Graham Parson is a Senior and also a Alternate Captain for Hibbing. He is good solid player with skill. <p></p><i></i>

greyhound05

Post by greyhound05 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:09 pm

Who makes theese rosters? The Duluth Roster just sucks, they should of had from Cloquet their goalie, I don't remember his name. And from east they should of added Fairchild, Anderson, and Shomaker. <p></p><i></i>

hamboni

Post by hamboni » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:16 pm

first time i've ever agreed with a greyhound. somebodies heads are completely inserted. both rosters leave out a lot of good players, mostly underclassmen. i can understand giving seniors the benefit of the doubt, but why include a sophomore from atown that's not even on the iron range. <p></p><i></i>

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:17 pm

Iron Range is gonna put Duluth to shame. <p>Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls</p><i></i>

TPushes

questions???

Post by TPushes » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:06 pm

Terrible, absolutely terrible...<br>Duluth could have done better drawing from a hat.<br>I agree with greyhound, East got the shaft. <p></p><i></i>

MKMB

Re: questions???

Post by MKMB » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:10 pm

It is an all star team, they probably don't want too many players from one team. Like Marshall, they only have three players which are some of the best in this area, but there are some others that could be on this team and are not. Like Kevin Jones as an example, he is great, there is no reason why he did not make this team. <br>It is all politics, that is one of the things it comes down too. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... mb>MKMB</A> at: 1/30/05 4:06 pm<br></i>

havek73

Restrictions..

Post by havek73 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:04 pm

I was just curious on the selections...Wow!!..Picking thes e players must be based on where they live (WARROAD), in which half the Iron Range Team is from there, and all must have to be seniors because i dont see any other than seniors...Also, just wondering,..where are the two other Rapids standouts..White and Smith <p></p><i></i>

U R Right

Warroad Iron Range

Post by U R Right » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:12 pm

I didn't know Warroad was on the iron range. Does recruiting equal mining? <p></p><i></i>

oletimer

Some things never change

Post by oletimer » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:27 pm

For Warroad to become part of an Iron Range hockey production is only so typical of the lenghts they will go to promote themselves with little or no thought given to what it looks like to anyone else. How could the promoters of this series get talked into this. This unfair intrusion could spell the beginning of the end for what sounds like a pretty nice deal for northeast Mn. hockey. <p></p><i></i>

boblee

havek

Post by boblee » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:22 pm

Smith isn't even the best underclassmen D on his team. I would take Stejskal and white as underclassmen for GR. Stejskal has a lot more DEFENSIVE skill than smith. Jared just tries to deke through a bunch of guys and look good, Joe just doesnt want the opponent to score. I take Stejskal on this team in a heartbeat. <p></p><i></i>

2a7aHcky

CCM All stars

Post by 2a7aHcky » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:58 pm

who picks this team?? Jesse Downey is on it again? and now Nate Breden. obviously Coach Guzzo and Ryan Kern are pretty tight putting two from SB on this team. Downey shouldn't have been on it last year, and not even considered this year!!! Breden deserves it. But two from a this team.<br>Don't think so. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... a7aHcky</A> at: 1/30/05 10:06 pm<br></i>

Skatingslow

What?!?!?!?!

Post by Skatingslow » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:16 pm

Dear 2a7ahcky:<br> Have you seen SB play this year? I have not yet seen them play so I will not disagree with the Breden pick. I will also contest you on how good Downey is. Yes Jesse plays for a "weaker" school, but Jesse is quite a hockey player. He is only one of four kids to play three seasons in the high-school Elite league. Just this last year he was picked as one of the top 12 defensemen in the elite league by being chosen for the National team in the Elite league. He is currently the all-time leading point getter at Silver Bay playing since he was in the 8 GRADE. To discredit this kid at all is mean, not to mention just plain dumb. Maybe get some facts to back up your statement next time bucko. <p></p><i></i>

havek73

boblee??...

Post by havek73 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:29 pm

Boblee, <br><br>I'm just curious...I don't keep too tight of statistics of Grand Rapids, but I've heard alot of good about White and Smith so I was first to jump to the "pick" (or however you'd say it), but i have seen them both play and your not sayin that he (Smith) is a bad player by saying his defense tactics aren't first priority, are you?...I mean if you had any statistics could you give them to me on these players.... <p></p><i></i>

jclong

Re: boblee??...

Post by jclong » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:35 am

Jump to this thread...<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p074.ezboard.com/fmnhsfrm1.showM ... 7065.topic" target="top">p074.ezboard.com/fmnhsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7065.topic</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>...for more on the CCM Game topic <p></p><i></i>

2a7aHcky

skatingslow

Post by 2a7aHcky » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:54 pm

slowskater, yes I have watched SB and Downey play, and thought that he should have been more of a impact in the games I've seen him play in. I've watched him play since youth hockey, and yes that is great that he got to play HS as a 8th grader, and he was good as a freshman and a ninth grader, but his play has leveled out and others have caught or passed him. You should not merit honors to play in elite things like this based on your past, but on how you compare to others now. What incentive is there for other players to work hard and get better if someone is going to get the nod because of what they did in their younger years. I don't see how SB can have two players named to this squad. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... a7aHcky</A> at: 1/31/05 2:58 pm<br></i>

Rickdog

V-town starters...

Post by Rickdog » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:11 pm

Kyle Altobelli but no Nico Sachetti... i find that odd considering the points factor... How do they choose the coaches ? <p></p><i></i>

hp

Re: V-town starters...

Post by hp » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 pm

they usually pick only seniors. there have been a few underclassmen the last couple of years but they try to limit it to only seniors. <p></p><i></i>

boblee

Re: CCM All-Star game!

Post by boblee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:54 pm

Smith...<br>4-14-18<br>Stejskal...<br>1-5-6<br>White...<br>14-9-23<br><br>This is all pre-Brainerd. Smith is a great player...but if I need someone to play DEFENSE, I take Stejskal, if I need on offensive threat, Smith. <p></p><i></i>

TheGame74

Post by TheGame74 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:19 pm

Come on bighair. Graham Parson a good, solid defenseman? What Hibbing team have you been watching this year? He turns the puck over more than anyone on the team. Sutherland and Lundquist are the best D they have and then Toumey. You might as well give the others orange jerseys because they act like pilons. If it wasn't for Walters and Poderzay, Hibbing might not even get a home game. <p></p><i></i>

2a7aHcky

Post by 2a7aHcky » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:25 pm

I retracted this post. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... a7aHcky</A> at: 2/20/05 1:26 pm<br></i>

puck4ever

Post by puck4ever » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:51 pm

ARE YOU GUYS ALL MORONS!? have you been living in a box your whole lives? (note to everyone except for hp, the only person who has a clue)this all star game was just expanded to allow juniors in 3 years ago. it is supposed to be a game where seniors can get some recognition from some scouts and maybe move on to play juniors or a d-3 school somewhere. it isn't a showcase game for the best players of all ages in the area. speaking of area, you criticize the iron range team for having warroad but you say nothing about the duluth team having a wisconsin team as one of their biggest donators to the team!? now look, these teams are chosen by some coaches, the media (newspapers, local tv stations, radio, etc.), and some refs, if you don't like it, sport some money for the creation of your own all star game. congratulations to all those who made the team, your hard work and dedication paid off, best of luck in the future. i look forward to watching two entertaining games. <p></p><i></i>

East13

Post by East13 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 pm

Yeah, I'd say East definitely got screwed here. Schumaker really stepped it up after being out with mono, and C. Anderson has had a solid season, both of these guys shoulda been on the team.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:15 am

If I recall correctly, playing in this game brings up eligibility issues for spring sports at some schools, so some players opt not to play because they want to play baseball, tennis, or track. This is not a MSHSL sanctioned event. <p></p><i></i>