To all the seniors

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Grizz12

To all the seniors

Post by Grizz12 »

I grew up my whole life wearing a white bear jersey and we lost a game in 3OT's to Tonka and lost to Wayzeta both games were amazing games and we did not get the lucky bounces that we got all season and one of our very key players was out for personal issues but i would just like to make a post to thank the league for everything i went into it thinking that it was some hack league that only screw ups and kids that just cant play hockey are in but it is very the opposite of that i grew up being a C player and never traveled until i went out for the jr gold team and made B as a sophmore that year was such a great time and i had one of the best coachs that i have had in my life the next year i was hurt a little because i didnt make the A team but i kept me head up and had another great year on the B team and both years i was fortunate enough to make it to state but this year at the A level i feel was just some amazing hockey i had honestly the best year of my life playing for white bear lake jr gold A i thought that we honestly had the skills to win it all but that was wrong i guess because we didnt even make it to state but i just wish like hell i could have it all back and play another 3 years of jr gold hockey its been one of the best things in my life and i just want to thank all you players out there for making this league a great respectable league that actually is true hockey and not a fight club

Thanks #12 wbl jga

"JGA FA LIFE"
hckywtchr1

Post by hckywtchr1 »

You may not have made it to state, but you learned what it's all about.

That is good sportsmanship and having good, clean fun!

Great job.

Best of luck moving forward.
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

hey i give this kid mad props for doing something like this... im a senior to from wayzata i know exactly what you mean about jr gold. i had thought it was league with fights every game and really chippy players... ive learned over the past two years of playing this league that it has players that are better than many varsity players and kids with good sportsmanship like #12 from whitebear.. Your team had a great season and deserves to be in state just as much as any team that is there...

#17 Wayzata
Grizz12

Post by Grizz12 »

thanks man we had a nice convo. at your varsity game and u had a nice goal during our game my hat goes off to your team you did a good job of getting them to put together a great 3rd period and good luck in state
bvillejgold4life

Post by bvillejgold4life »

i go to aha and decided my sophmore year to play jgold after breaking my collar bone in tryouts at school. i played half my soph yr on jgold a, and once again last year and this year. as we all know we never had great teams in bville but we pulled off some nice unexpected wins over top teams over the years. after playing three years at this level, i kno that JGA doesnt have the individual skill like var kids... but we play more of a team game. taking a top JGA team and playing them with an ok var teams, it would be a game. i can promise that!!!! i want to thank everyone who as supported this league over the years and my best of luck to teams over the next few years and to any sr's trying to play next yr!
MooseJawGuy

Post by MooseJawGuy »

Hey, totally agree with everything.

Actually my senior year was last season but I know exactly what your saying.
Got cut from the school "Varsity team" (if you wanna call them that :roll: ) along with about 8 other seniors. Once that happened I was actually not going to play at all. Then I was asked to play Jr B's with the St. Paul Lakers but couldn't afford it. So I finally cracked and signed up for Jr. Gold and couldn't have been happier I did so.

Coming in I thought nothing but bad things about Jr. Gold but now looking back, I don't regret one thing. And as you can see, still follow the game.

So to those out there who get stuck in the same position as I and many others have, and think about quitting... don't. Play Jr. Gold. Odds are it will be one of the best, if not the best season of hockey you will ever play in terms of just having fun.
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

hey thanks WBL 12 yea it was fun talkin to you at that game to bad our varsity sucks haha... yea that game we had was fun and intense that was really the first time all year that we had a good third period. you guys should be in state wish we were playing you again we'll take care of tonka for you guys.
ilblade06

Re: To all the seniors

Post by ilblade06 »

Grizz12 wrote:I grew up my whole life wearing a white bear jersey and we lost a game in 3OT's to Tonka and lost to Wayzeta both games were amazing games and we did not get the lucky bounces that we got all season and one of our very key players was out for personal issues but i would just like to make a post to thank the league for everything i went into it thinking that it was some hack league that only screw ups and kids that just cant play hockey are in but it is very the opposite of that i grew up being a C player and never traveled until i went out for the jr gold team and made B as a sophmore that year was such a great time and i had one of the best coachs that i have had in my life the next year i was hurt a little because i didnt make the A team but i kept me head up and had another great year on the B team and both years i was fortunate enough to make it to state but this year at the A level i feel was just some amazing hockey i had honestly the best year of my life playing for white bear lake jr gold A i thought that we honestly had the skills to win it all but that was wrong i guess because we didnt even make it to state but i just wish like hell i could have it all back and play another 3 years of jr gold hockey its been one of the best things in my life and i just want to thank all you players out there for making this league a great respectable league that actually is true hockey and not a fight club

Thanks #12 wbl jga

"JGA FA LIFE"
wbl gets the props all season long in my book. i thought they were going to be there. 12 you have my respect. 'duluth'
Grizz12

Post by Grizz12 »

Duluth thanks for the respect we saw your team early in the season and that was just a great game between us i wish we had another run to play all the great teams that were in the league this year Wayzeta props to you and do your thing out there your an outstanding team and there are also other teams out there that are great should be a great state tournament and i am going to go watch every moment of it i'm not going to go on this post and cry about how we got screwed out of state or anything because in the end it all came down to who stepped it up during the important part of the season my team was on top of the standings all year but just couldent get the bounces we had good luck to all in state
Copenhagen16

Post by Copenhagen16 »

Thanks for all the great times!! i ll miss you JGA! :(

Wbl JGA #16
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Grizz, learn to use a period. Getting a head ache trying to read your posts. This is how you type and it is soooo annoying but you don't do it correctly and I want to kill Even though I can't because it is against the law Wow have you finally seen what I mean? Sorry shouldnt have been a question mark there you don't put in any puncuation and you use and to connect EVERY sentence and it is annoying and it is annoying and i just typed and it is annoying twice and now it was the the third time

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Iraqnam
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

Wow countrygentlemen you are a dick. Honestly....the kid was just trying to say something nice about his Junior Gold hockey career and saying how great the past years were and you go and rip on him about some stupid grammar? Who cares? Wow.

But Grizz that was tight.
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

I'm not trying to be mean. I just think I speak for all when I said it is hard to follow his post without periods. It takes a fourth of a second to add one. It will make it that much easier to read and follow. Not trying to start WW3 here. 8-[ 8-[
Iraqnam
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

Yea i get your point and I'm not trying to start anything either I just thought it seemed like a sort of dick move to be saying that when he just said a nice little thing about Junior Gold hockey. No problem though because it was pretty difficult to read.
osgood2006

Post by osgood2006 »

he does have horrible punctuation.
Grizz12

Post by Grizz12 »

Sorry, White bear education