What is the greatest State Champ team ever?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Wayzata2003

What is the greatest State Champ team ever?

Post by Wayzata2003 »

To be honest since Wayzata basically wins it every year...the question is more of which Wayzata team was the best out of all our last state champion teams?

I'm obviously going to say 2003 but i dont think there has been another team that consisted of soo many Varsity (9) JV (2) Bantam A State Champ (1) and only 4 players that didn't play the highest competitive level hockey during their careers.

Coach Davis (Wayzata Varsity) just keeps feeding Teddy this State Championships...

And to be honest... 2003 wasn't really fair because we didn't really start trying until state and we more than doubled Edina, EP, and Minnetonka's shots all three games that tourney...

To all my boys from State Champs '03 "GET IT DONE...GOT IT DONE"
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

the team i say is the one who won it with cekalla and woody, unless thats the same
2007 JGA CHAMPS
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

All I can do right now is laugh :lol:
Iraqnam
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Grand Rapids 1991 team was really good. 1993 team should have played 4 the championship, but got robbed by stick in the crease call??????????????? #1 team all year ended up 3rd!!!
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

y are u laughing country d bag were u on a team that won a championship :lol:
2007 JGA CHAMPS
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

i was on the 2007 wayzata state champ team and our team wasnt an amazing stand out team but i think we really surprised a lot of people by winning so thats always fun... Wayzata has by far had the best JGA teams in the past years... even when they dont have an outstading team they find a way to win!
countrygentleman

No pun intended, but I do like how classy you guys are.
Iraqnam
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

hahaha well atleast were not sore losers.
2007 JGA CHAMPS
JGAALUM1

Post by JGAALUM1 »

I agree with northern bev...Wayzata JGA in 2005 was the best Championship team that i know of. Woody and TC were good as hell and we also had two great sophmore goalies :wink:
Slapshotdude

Lakeville 02-03

Post by Slapshotdude »

Lakeville 02-03 season. 33-4-2 overall record. 164 GF and only 59 GA. 14 shutouts and yes they beat Wayzata that year. The team was loaded with seniors and many ex JV and Varsity players. They were ranked #1 all season. During playoffs they fell apart because a few players got caught drinking but if that had not happened there was very little chance anyone would have stopped them from taking the State Championship. I would say they were the least likley to be successful at the start of the season but the best team bar none until the game with WBL in regionals.
wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!!

Post by wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!! »

Gotta agree, '03 Wayzata was king... we dominated that tourney Wish we woulda played that hard the whole season as stated b4 "GET IT DONE.... GOT IT DONE" it's easy to see that this year's JGA wayzata will be king again... to all my 07 boys "GET'ER DONE!"
countrygentleman

Nice...
Iraqnam
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!! wrote:Gotta agree, '03 Wayzata was king... we dominated that tourney Wish we woulda played that hard the whole season as stated b4 "GET IT DONE.... GOT IT DONE" it's easy to see that this year's JGA wayzata will be king again... to all my 07 boys "GET'ER DONE!"
wyztaJGA4, you've got problems!!!!! I like that! I'm sorry to say though that I don't think your boyz will Get-R-Done this year!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!!

SHUT UP ST CLOUD jst cause we can do it all year long dont mean you can rip on us!!
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

Indians forever wrote:
wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!! wrote:Gotta agree, '03 Wayzata was king... we dominated that tourney Wish we woulda played that hard the whole season as stated b4 "GET IT DONE.... GOT IT DONE" it's easy to see that this year's JGA wayzata will be king again... to all my 07 boys "GET'ER DONE!"
wyztaJGA4, you've got problems!!!!! I like that! I'm sorry to say though that I don't think your boyz will Get-R-Done this year!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
st cloud is a big talker...i bet wayzata kicked your ass last year and your just pissed off
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

This is a solid topic that consists of nothing more than former Wayzata JR Gold players reminding each other about how amazing they were and tearing everyone else who shares their opinions apart. If you guys were any good you would have been winning state championships on Varsity, not JR Gold.

Congrats guys, you will probably all rule the world someday. Until then, try keep your larger than life egos in check.
The U invented swagger.
EdinaStateChamps99

Who is the greatest state champ ever?

Post by EdinaStateChamps99 »

That's easy, Edina 96-97 baby! We beat the two best teams in the state at state, Anoka and Burnsville. We were short all year after the injury to Ben Peyton but we had the best Jr. Gold goalie of all time and a lot of good players. Probably not the flashiest team but we got it done. Anyway I didn't know there was a forum for past and present Jr gld discussion this is pretty cool. Wayzata must have been down between 96-97, I don't remember them being good.
snipe0014

Re: What is the greatest State Champ team ever?

Post by snipe0014 »

Wayzata2003 wrote:To be honest since Wayzata basically wins it every year...the question is more of which Wayzata team was the best out of all our last state champion teams?

I'm obviously going to say 2003 but i dont think there has been another team that consisted of soo many Varsity (9) JV (2) Bantam A State Champ (1) and only 4 players that didn't play the highest competitive level hockey during their careers.

Coach Davis (Wayzata Varsity) just keeps feeding Teddy this State Championships...

And to be honest... 2003 wasn't really fair because we didn't really start trying until state and we more than doubled Edina, EP, and Minnetonka's shots all three games that tourney...

To all my boys from State Champs '03 "GET IT DONE...GOT IT DONE"
k who really cares its juinor gold
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

haha i love how that PLEASE BAN ME from st cloud said we wouldnt win in 07 but hey look at us now.... it seems no matter what someone says about wayzata we always show up and shut them up
wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!!

Aint that the truth. Tehy all said we suck and we couldnt get'er done. To all my boys from last year: "Get'er Done!, GOTER DONE".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
blainebengalhockey10

Post by blainebengalhockey10 »

blaine 2000
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

i saw a hockey game last night . edina a gold 5 wayzata 0 . was that your b team sent by mistake? it could'nt have been this all powerful A tean some of you have been yapping about. the only thing powerful about that club was the stench.