On a scale of 1-10 how sick will St. Louis Park JGA be?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

bardown33

Re: Ep

Post by bardown33 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 am

blueblood wrote:my opinion:

Lots of seniors on last year's JGA team with very few (if any) returning players, along with the fact that many ep youth players are not playing at ephs (patterson, thompson, meyers; etc)

They started off well in duluth going undefeated but appear to be struggling in metro league. One thing going for them is they have played the least amount of games in the league.

A big test for them next week in the edina tourney. They are in a tough pool with Brookings, SD (this is their varsity team) and tonka along with AACR.
word on the street is EP has 3 former varsity players on the JGA team. can anyone verify this rumor?

bigpictureguy

Post by bigpictureguy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 am

bardown33 wrote:
blueblood wrote:my opinion:

Lots of seniors on last year's JGA team with very few (if any) returning players, along with the fact that many ep youth players are not playing at ephs (patterson, thompson, meyers; etc)

They started off well in duluth going undefeated but appear to be struggling in metro league. One thing going for them is they have played the least amount of games in the league.

A big test for them next week in the edina tourney. They are in a tough pool with Brookings, SD (this is their varsity team) and tonka along with AACR.
word on the street is EP has 3 former varsity players on the JGA team. can anyone verify this rumor?

No former Varsity players are on the EP JGA team this year.

puckmama

Post by puckmama » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 am

That is correct. There are six players who played JV last year.

Penaltyking

Post by Penaltyking » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:41 pm

I would say not very sick since you just got smoked by a mediocore Blaine team

bardown33

Post by bardown33 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Penaltyking wrote:I would say not very sick since you just got smoked by a mediocore Blaine team
Good point penaltyking. not the best game by Park. They are a streaky team. When they show up they can skate with and beat the best. But when they don't show up it's not a pretty site.

MNhockeyrep10

Next Year

Post by MNhockeyrep10 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Next year SLP will be very strong. A few BSM varsity players are quitting to play JGA. I believe it will be the first of many state title runs this future dynasty team will have.

blueblood

slp

Post by blueblood » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:00 pm

yeah right, next year, blah, blah blah.

This year they are very sick :-s
Play Like a Champion Today

Penaltyking

Re: slp

Post by Penaltyking » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:20 pm

[quote="blueblood"]yeah right, next year, blah, blah blah.

This year they are very sick :-s[/quote]

Gotta love these guys all they can do is talk crap. They started out this year saying they will be the state champs. Now that they have been put in their place this year they have to start talking crap for next year. Why would anyone quite BSM to play for a crap SLP team? But hey talk all the crap you want because you arent even gonna make it to state this year

Mermaid Man

Re: Next Year

Post by Mermaid Man » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 pm

MNhockeyrep10 wrote:Next year SLP will be very strong. A few BSM varsity players are quitting to play JGA. I believe it will be the first of many state title runs this future dynasty team will have.
if i were these kids parents i would be pissed at them. If I was paying a school for my son to go there just so he can play hockey and he quits I would be really mad with my child.

blueblood

mermaid man

Post by blueblood » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm w/ you on this mermaid man.

There's no way the cake jr. parents (bsm) will let there kids quit to play jga for SLP. If they were smart, they would go back to their youth associations to play.

rhino06

Re: mermaid man

Post by rhino06 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 pm

blueblood wrote:I'm w/ you on this mermaid man.

There's no way the cake jr. parents (bsm) will let there kids quit to play jga for SLP. If they were smart, they would go back to their youth associations to play.
this forum post was a joke...obviously those public schools you guys go to, don't teach that.. They would choose not to go back to their original youth association to play with their better friends.

Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 am

rhino06 wrote:

this forum post was a joke...obviously those public schools you guys go to, don't teach that.. They would choose not to go back to their original youth association to play with their better friends.
that is not what i was saying at all. I meant that if my son went to a private school to play hockey and I was paying for it I would be pissed off if he decided to quit the school team and play JGA cuz I would be wasting like ten grand on an education that my son could be getting for free at a public school.

HockeyGuru#6

Post by HockeyGuru#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 am

Mermaid Man wrote:
rhino06 wrote:

that is not what i was saying at all. I meant that if my son went to a private school to play hockey and I was paying for it I would be pissed off if he decided to quit the school team and play JGA cuz I would be wasting like ten grand on an education that my son could be getting for free at a public school.
Most people that go to BSM dont go there to play a sport they go there to get a good education or else they would only be a school of about 50-100 students.

Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 am

Mermaid Man is a dumb dumb. People go to private schools for a number of reasons, playing hockey is actually probably one of the less common reasons.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 am

And how many kids do you have Mermaid Man?

Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Reg Dunlap wrote:And how many kids do you have Mermaid Man?
At my high school, umm i think at least 3000 probably more. But i can think of at least 6 kids that left my school and now attend Benilde to play hockey. I can think of two more at Breck and two more at Blake. All there to play hockey.

Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm

HockeyGuru#6 wrote:
Mermaid Man wrote:
rhino06 wrote:

Most people that go to BSM dont go there to play a sport they go there to get a good education or else they would only be a school of about 50-100 students.
True but I'm pretty sure that almost every kid who plays hockey at Benilde didn't go there just to get a good education. They went there to play hockey.

Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Mermaid Man wrote:
At my high school, umm i think at least 3000 probably more. But i can think of at least 6 kids that left my school and now attend Benilde to play hockey. I can think of two more at Breck and two more at Blake. All there to play hockey.
Umm, I meant how many do you have...you said if my son went to benilde to play hockey, etc, etc.

DUMB

Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am

Reg Dunlap wrote:
Mermaid Man wrote:
Umm, I meant how many do you have...you said if my son went to benilde to play hockey, etc, etc.

DUMB
dude I'm only 18, so 0.

bardown33

Re: Next Year

Post by bardown33 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am

Mermaid Man wrote:
MNhockeyrep10 wrote:Next year SLP will be very strong. A few BSM varsity players are quitting to play JGA. I believe it will be the first of many state title runs this future dynasty team will have.
if i were these kids parents i would be pissed at them. If I was paying a school for my son to go there just so he can play hockey and he quits I would be really mad with my child.
Parents don't care when money isn't an object.
plus a lot of kids go to BSM for a good education, and a faith based community. not just hockey

bardown33

Post by bardown33 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 am

Penaltyking wrote:
blueblood wrote:yeah right, next year, blah, blah blah.

This year they are very sick :-s
Gotta love these guys all they can do is talk crap. They started out this year saying they will be the state champs. Now that they have been put in their place this year they have to start talking crap for next year. Why would anyone quite BSM to play for a crap SLP team? But hey talk all the crap you want because you arent even gonna make it to state this year
Blueblood is from Minnetonka....so i hope you realize what youre saying makes you seem like you have no idea what youre talking about.

Penaltyking

Post by Penaltyking » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:02 am

[quote="bardown33"][quote="Penaltyking"][quote="blueblood"]yeah right, next year, blah, blah blah.

This year they are very sick :-s[/quote]

Gotta love these guys all they can do is talk crap. They started out this year saying they will be the state champs. Now that they have been put in their place this year they have to start talking crap for next year. Why would anyone quite BSM to play for a crap SLP team? But hey talk all the crap you want because you arent even gonna make it to state this year[/quote]

Blueblood is from Minnetonka....so i hope you realize what youre saying makes you seem like you have no idea what youre talking about.[/quote

No way I never knew that...... Wow your a genius I was taking about the BSM being good next year

blueblood

SLP

Post by blueblood » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 am

PK:

Was your last post for me to respond to? You want the truth, I'll give you the truth:

SLP is a below average team. Yes, they beat a good EP team. Every now and then a blind squirrel finds a nut. :shock:

Are they capable of a few more upsets? Sure, anyone is. :o

But, in their past few games they've given up 7 goals to Tonka, 10 to Blaine, 7 to Burnsville, and they are playing in the toilet bowl bracket at Wayzata. :evil:

That's not the sign of a good team....

Penaltyking

Post by Penaltyking » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Blue
I know they are a middle of the pack team. I wasn't taking any offense to what you posted. I was pointing out that there is no need to be talking abouy how good your team will be next year because lots of things can change over the next year. I think slp needs to worry about the rest of this season before they throw it away and don't make it to the playoff.

blueblood

PK

Post by blueblood » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Thx for the update. I agree. Next year is next year. The time is now!