Woodbury/Wayzata Gold

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

WZTA JGB

Woodbury/Wayzata Gold

Post by WZTA JGB » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 pm

congrats to woodbury, it was a great game very physical and well played. By far the most fun/intense game i've played in despite the outcome, 2 OT = heartbreaker. cya next year.
2010-STATE CHAMPS
2011-2ND PLACE
2012-2ND PLACE

goalie30

Post by goalie30 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:13 pm

The game was a classic. I heard the Wayzata coach and goalie (who played great) went into the Woodbury locker room after the game to congratulate them. Very classy move.

WILDhockeyfan47

Post by WILDhockeyfan47 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm

An unforgettable game. The mvp had to be the Woodbury goalie who played through the intense pain in his ankle after being run into early in the second period. He sat out the remaining period but played out of his mind in the 3rd period and overtime. Hats off to wayzata they played us better than any team out there. Only bad thing about the tournament was that some troublemakers went into our locker room 2 days in a row and stole money out of our wallets. I want my $40 back you ****ers.

WAYZJGB

Post by WAYZJGB » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:38 pm

it was a great game and woodbury provided an excellent state championship match up. But I can't help but comment on how awful the referee handled the overtime. I don't care what the Wayzata coach said, to throw him out in double OT in state championship and have that penalty be the one that ends it... I don't know it just seems like a dirty way to end it. That being said I don't want to take away from how well woodbury played and their goalie playing on his head. Just seemed like a bad way for it to end.

DangleDude

Post by DangleDude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Word is that a non-partial observer (from Edina) said it was one of the best youth hockey games he's ever seen.

Mr. Fruity

Post by Mr. Fruity » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm

DangleDude wrote:Word is that a non-partial observer (from Edina) said it was one of the best youth hockey games he's ever seen.
Yup, i heard the same thing. A couple fans from the Wayzata Varsity team said that it was the most intense game they have ever seen. Im just fortunate enough to have played in that game, regardless of the outcome.

goalie30

Post by goalie30 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:27 pm

The UW Eau Claire and the Winona State Club hockey teams played today and the two goalies were the same two goalies who played in the state championship game.

Interesting coincidence.