Who Will Win Next Year's State Tourney?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

hockey relic

Post by hockey relic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 pm

6ix wrote:Edina
Why Edina? They have squeaked by Wayzata and Tonka; who are very close to EP- They look like the top four to me at this stage of the game- You would think Edina would be stronger with all the HS cuts but perhaps something more is missing from the team?

KrautBache

Post by KrautBache » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:29 pm

hockey relic wrote:
Why Edina? They have squeaked by Wayzata and Tonka; who are very close to EP- They look like the top four to me at this stage of the game- You would think Edina would be stronger with all the HS cuts but perhaps something more is missing from the team?
EP has lost to Blaine, Eagan and Wayzata. From what I've seen, I think Edina, Minnetonka, Wayzata and Burnsville are probably the top tier teams right now, with Blaine, Eden Prairie, St. Louis Park and Eagan in the next tier.

Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:40 am

hockey relic wrote:
So... They won the tournament and you're questioning the pick? Seems like as good a prediction as any. How much do you need them to win by?

hockey relic

Post by hockey relic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Bluewhitefan wrote:
hockey relic wrote:
So... They won the tournament and you're questioning the pick? Seems like as good a prediction as any. How much do you need them to win by?
Winning these games by a one goal margin is not really dominating. I am just surprized with all their talent, they are not winning by wider margins. Kids that get cut from HS sometimes have trouble transitioning to JGA. I have nothing against Edina- I have higher expectations for them.

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:54 am

hockey relic wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
hockey relic wrote:
Winning these games by a one goal margin is not really dominating. I am just surprized with all their talent, they are not winning by wider margins. Kids that get cut from HS sometimes have trouble transitioning to JGA. I have nothing against Edina- I have higher expectations for them.
they got like 2 or 3 kids hurt and there still winning so i think they will be fine, but you have high expectations because they played varsity but really many of them didn't deserve to really make anything besides JV, not to mention they have a kid on the team that made edina u16 before switching to jefferson JGA its not like there team is full of former varsity players