Who Will Win Next Year's State Tourney?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Fantasy Puck

Who Will Win Next Year's State Tourney?

Post by Fantasy Puck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Will SLP repeat? Or will a new underdog take the Title?

Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:23 am

I bet Burnsville, Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Duluth, and Lakeville all make the tournament.

Zamboner69

Post by Zamboner69 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 am

Reg Dunlap wrote:I bet Burnsville, Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Duluth, and Lakeville all make the tournament.
why not slp?

Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Those are the "safe bet" teams. The schools that traditionally have strong jga teams. Teams that are in the tourney more often then not. Forgot about EP though. So put them in there.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

stopthepuck

Post by stopthepuck » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Duluth should be solid next year - a lot of local HS cuts coming next year

Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 am

stopthepuck wrote:Duluth should be solid next year - a lot of local HS cuts coming next year
If what happens this year, where the kids who get cut are above playing J-Gold, Duluth won't have a team. In Duluth J-Gold has a terrible record and im not sure why.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.

bardown33

Post by bardown33 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Zamboner69 wrote:
Reg Dunlap wrote:I bet Burnsville, Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Duluth, and Lakeville all make the tournament.
why not slp?
Agreed, SLP will reload, not rebuild. The BSM cuts will come. And experienced players are staying around. They will for sure get an outstanding goaltender, as there are 3 fighting for the varsity spots next year (there will be at least one great goalie coming to the Flyers) A big draw also is the fact SLP won the ship. That always helps bringing in new players.

blueblood

Next Year

Post by blueblood » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Tonka was a young team this year (6 or 7 seniors).

There will be some Tonka varsity cuts, there always is in any program, and a majority of this years returning Warrior players were on the U16 championship team from last season.

I look for them to be a contender the JGA 'ship next year.

YeahhhBuddayyy

Post by YeahhhBuddayyy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 pm

bardown33 wrote:
Zamboner69 wrote:
why not slp?
Agreed, SLP will reload, not rebuild. The BSM cuts will come. And experienced players are staying around. They will for sure get an outstanding goaltender, as there are 3 fighting for the varsity spots next year (there will be at least one great goalie coming to the Flyers) A big draw also is the fact SLP won the ship. That always helps bringing in new players.
I wouldn't say that they will for sure get a good goalie because there was the same situation in Ep this year and the goalie that didn't make it didnt want to play junior gold. I think some of the kids that get cut from varsity feel playing junior gold would be a blow to their reputation. But really it is a great league with many talented players.

FlyerChamp'11

Post by FlyerChamp'11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:10 am

SLP will actually have two good goalies next year. Yes one from BSM but also one who is on Buffalo jgb right now-he is there team - 100 saves in a weekend 4 or 5 goals

Brasky

Post by Brasky » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Where is the state tournament next year? Nothing against Duluth, but considering most of the teams are from the metro it seems to have a better vibe when it's at a metro rink.
Be a hero!

aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

Brasky wrote:Where is the state tournament next year? Nothing against Duluth, but considering most of the teams are from the metro it seems to have a better vibe when it's at a metro rink.
Most people dont want to travel 2.5 hours to watch a game or two, then stay in a hotel room to watch a couple more games.

FlyerChamp'11

Post by FlyerChamp'11 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 pm

aroundtherink wrote:
Brasky wrote:Where is the state tournament next year? Nothing against Duluth, but considering most of the teams are from the metro it seems to have a better vibe when it's at a metro rink.
Most people dont want to travel 2.5 hours to watch a game or two, then stay in a hotel room to watch a couple more games.
Are you agreeing with Brasky?

Brasky

Post by Brasky » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 pm

FlyerChamp'11 wrote:
aroundtherink wrote:
Are you agreeing with Brasky?
Yeah, I understand why the vibe is better in the metro, just wanted to know if anyone knew where state would be for the 2011-2012 season. I don't know if that's been determined already or not. Just curious.
Be a hero!

brooks

2012 State

Post by brooks » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:47 pm

The handbook says D3 for JGA & 16U, and D5 for JGB.

hockeyfan510

Post by hockeyfan510 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:11 pm

In Junior Gold B with the exception of last year the winner is usually a D8 team, due to the fact D8 doesnt have an junior gold a league.

t.selanne

Re: Next Year

Post by t.selanne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am

blueblood wrote:Tonka was a young team this year (6 or 7 seniors).

There will be some Tonka varsity cuts, there always is in any program, and a majority of this years returning Warrior players were on the U16 championship team from last season.

Tonka gets a huge boost from the exchange students as well, since it seems that no matter how good they are they get cut from varsity. They've had an exchange student(s) on the team for 5 years in a row (I think) and they've always been key players.

blueblood

tonka

Post by blueblood » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

there have been exchange students on the warriors team for the past 2 years. the team from 3 yrs ago didn't have an exchange student.

(i'm postive about this)

Not sure about any years prior to that...

YeahhhBuddayyy

Post by YeahhhBuddayyy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 pm

t.selanne wrote:

Tonka gets a huge boost from the exchange students as well, since it seems that no matter how good they are they get cut from varsity. They've had an exchange student(s) on the team for 5 years in a row (I think) and they've always been key players.
Some schools have been accused of purposely having an exchange student come to their school to play sports. I think that is the main reason that most schools do not want them playing on their varsity teams. For example I go to EP and we had a exchange student come over and he actually chose to come here out of all the schools around the metro. He made the varsity soccer team and then about 5 games into the season someone complained to the league (most likely because he was the best player on the team) that they recruited him. So after that the league determined that he couldnt play anymore.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:50 am

edina

Youngun8719

Post by Youngun8719 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm

t.selanne wrote:

This years exchange student will not be close to making JGA he has no hands and cant skate. I think he is a swiss and has no where near the talent that last years exchange student has

6ix

Post by 6ix » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 am

Youngun8719 wrote:
t.selanne wrote:

This years exchange student will not be close to making JGA he has no hands and cant skate. I think he is a swiss and has no where near the talent that last years exchange student has
Darn............. :wink:

brooks

State JGA Tournament Location

Post by brooks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:23 pm

MN Hockey handbook says: JGA, JGB, & 16U State Tournaments are at Plymouth (Wayzata).

green4

Post by green4 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:04 am

i'm going with edina... the team just got released on the website tonight and there gonna be a good team, with giles cutting basically all there seniors on the varsity level this team is full of kids that have been on jv and varsity since they were sophs

6ix

Post by 6ix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:29 am

Edina
I have the best trophy in my case