D8 Jr Gold B 2011-2012

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

freighttrain

D8 Jr Gold B 2011-2012

Post by freighttrain » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:57 pm

There are 9 teams again in district 8 this year

Albert Lea
Eagan
Hastings
St Thomas White
St Thomas Blue
Rosemount
Woodbury (woodbury is also fielding an A team this year)
Lakeville (lakeville is not fielding an A team this year)
RAVE

aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 am

Woodbury with an A team, that is good news.

But lakeville dropping theirs, that's not. Low numbers or frustrated?

Night Train

Post by Night Train » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:48 am

Why is a school hosting Jr. Gold teams? Jr. Gold teams are hosted by Youth Associations. Shouldn't the STA teams be Sibley?

hockeyfanatic11

Post by hockeyfanatic11 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 am

aroundtherink wrote:Woodbury with an A team, that is good news.

no why would they frustrated? its low numbers this year

aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:40 pm

hockeyfanatic11 wrote:
aroundtherink wrote:Woodbury with an A team, that is good news.

no why would they frustrated? its low numbers this year
That's why I asked if there were low number or if they were frustrated. I think I heard that Edina was thinking about 2 a teams, any truth to that?

What kind of tryout numbers do the big schools get? Like a wayzata, edina, EP vs like a stillwater, maple grove, woodbury?

EaganHockeyDad

D8 JGB teams

Post by EaganHockeyDad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Once again D8 shows how behind the times they are...
Only 16 games as opposed to the Metro League with 24 games...
Only a few games, if any, slotted for 1.5 hours which means no resurfacing between periods (ever see the ice after 2 periods of Jr Gold play...you can make snow castles with the ice shavings)
And maybe the worst … no policing of teams to make sure everybody plays by the District rules and at the correct level. I will be polite and not name names here.

These decisions only hurt the players and their enjoyment of the last years of organized hockey.

Can somebody explain D8's thinking when there is an excellent alternative in the Metro Hockey League…can someone fill me in?

ticklemeblink

Re: D8 JGB teams

Post by ticklemeblink » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 am

EaganHockeyDad wrote:Once again D8 shows how behind the times they are...
Only a few games, if any, slotted for 1.5 hours which means no resurfacing between periods (ever see the ice after 2 periods of Jr Gold play...you can make snow castles with the ice shavings)
And maybe the worst … no policing of teams to make sure everybody plays by the District rules and at the correct level. I will be polite and not name names here.

These decisions only hurt the players and their enjoyment of the last years of organized hockey.

Can somebody explain D8's thinking when there is an excellent alternative in the Metro Hockey League…can someone fill me in?

first time ever ever heard someone complain about how many games there are in a d8 season, if you want more games, host or sign up for tournaments, just because they cant get enough teams to play in the district doesn't mean its their fault

and ive been playing hockey since i was 5 and never had resurfacing between the second and third period, minus tournys and playoffs

green4

Re: D8 JGB teams

Post by green4 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:46 am

ticklemeblink wrote:
EaganHockeyDad wrote:Once again D8 shows how behind the times they are...

first time ever ever heard someone complain about how many games there are in a d8 season, if you want more games, host or sign up for tournaments, just because they cant get enough teams to play in the district doesn't mean its their fault

and ive been playing hockey since i was 5 and never had resurfacing between the second and third period, minus tournys and playoffs
i dont know what hockey you played as a high schooler but they resurface in between the 2nd and 3rd in all metro league games including u16

ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 am

Rosemount- 6
Lakeville- 3