Lakeville vs. Rosemount

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Defensive Zone

Lakeville vs. Rosemount

Post by Defensive Zone » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Wow...I just walk into the rink to watch a hockey game and proceeded to observe the worst unsports like behavior that I have seen in a long time. As the game was moving along, a player from Lakeville and Rosemount started pushing one another. Pushing turned into wrestling. By that time the ref came in and split the two. Now this is where it moves to another level. The Rosemount player takes his helmet off and throws is gloves in the air and puts his hands up like he was ready to go a few rounds. The crowed either cheered or booed. All depends who you were. Both players were kicked off the ice and the game went on. My point is, I cannot believe a player(s) can actually think hockey should be played like this at the JG level. Your points?

freighttrain

Post by freighttrain » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Both players received 5 min majors and game misconduct and have to serve 1 game suspension.

As for the Rosemount player taking his helmet off this is not what happened. The Lakeville player knocked the Rosemount players helmet off and then the Rosemount player grabbed the Lakeville kids mask. No punches were thrown during this whole incident.

IGHCoach

Post by IGHCoach » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 pm

The league has rules and both players will sit a game. But a few kids do dumb stuff and Rosemount & Lakeville teams look bad.

greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

If the penalty was 5 min for fighting the suspension is 3 games for the first time and then if they didn't get the message and get in a fight again the player is removed for the year. This rule has been in place for a lot of years.

freighttrain

Post by freighttrain » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 pm

greybeard58 wrote:If the penalty was 5 min for fighting the suspension is 3 games for the first time and then if they didn't get the message and get in a fight again the player is removed for the year. This rule has been in place for a lot of years.
That is correct and its a good rule. But the ref said the majors were not for fighting.

It was a violation of rule 622 B that he called the penalties for.

"A major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be assessed to
a player who uses his hand to rub, grab or hold the facemask
of an opponent."