JGA Ranking

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

KrautBache

JGA Ranking

Post by KrautBache » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30 am

Let's Play Hockey's latest JGA rankings are below. Do you agree or disagree? Who would be ranked 11-20 if LPH ranked the top twenty for JGA?

Junior Gold A
1 EDINA
2 Minnetonka
3 Wayzata
4 Burnsville
5 Blaine
6 Eagan
7 St. Louis Park
8 Eden Prairie
9 White Bear Lake
10 Osseo/Maple Grove

Foilin' Up

Rankings

Post by Foilin' Up » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:33 am

I'd put Burnsville at #2 behind Edina. I know they lost to Tonka and tied Wayzata, but everyone knows that the loss to Tonka was only because the ref was in love with the Tonka goalie. They were hugging and fist bumping throughout the game - it was disgusting. Wayzata and BV tied, although the BV team fell apart in the 3rd.
The BV-Edina game should be a good one.

KrautBache

Re: Rankings

Post by KrautBache » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 am

Foilin' Up wrote:I'd put Burnsville at #2 behind Edina. I know they lost to Tonka and tied Wayzata, but everyone knows that the loss to Tonka was only because the ref was in love with the Tonka goalie. They were hugging and fist bumping throughout the game - it was disgusting. Wayzata and BV tied, although the BV team fell apart in the 3rd.
I tend to agree that BV should move up. But does Edina still belong at #1 after losing to Osseo/Maple Grove on 12/23? Does anyone have an explanation for that loss? Had the top two lines already left for their Christmas in Aspen?

green4

Post by green4 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm

KrautBache wrote:
Foilin' Up wrote:I'd put Burnsville at #2 behind Edina. I know they lost to Tonka and tied Wayzata, but everyone knows that the loss to Tonka was only because the ref was in love with the Tonka goalie. They were hugging and fist bumping throughout the game - it was disgusting. Wayzata and BV tied, although the BV team fell apart in the 3rd.
I tend to agree that BV should move up. But does Edina still belong at #1 after losing to Osseo/Maple Grove on 12/23? Does anyone have an explanation for that loss? Had the top two lines already left for their Christmas in Aspen?
i think just a bad game is all but came back with a 6-0 win over Wayzata

LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 am

[quote="KrautBache"][quote="Foilin' Up"]I'd put Burnsville at #2 behind Edina. I know they lost to Tonka and tied Wayzata, but everyone knows that the loss to Tonka was only because the ref was in love with the Tonka goalie. They were hugging and fist bumping throughout the game - it was disgusting. Wayzata and BV tied, although the BV team fell apart in the 3rd.
The BV-Edina game should be a good one.[/quote]

I tend to agree that BV should move up. But does Edina still belong at #1 after losing to Osseo/Maple Grove on 12/23? Does anyone have an explanation for that loss? Had the top two lines already left for their Christmas in Aspen?[/quote]

Looks like OMG tied Tonka. They might be better than expected. I would keep Edina at 1, especially after coming back to beat Wayzata the way they did. I don't think Bville deserves to move up yet. Until they can stay out of the box and play hockey the way they are capable.

HockeyRocks66

Post by HockeyRocks66 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:02 am

The BV-Edina game should be a good one.[/quo

Considering Tonka had 9 skaters and still beat B'Ville I think they played a pretty good game. B'ville has only managed to receive 4 FPP's and Tonka has only lost one it must be a coincidence then that B'ville racked up a ton of penalty minutes...or it's just Toby's fault :wink:

Foilin' Up

Post by Foilin' Up » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:35 pm

HockeyRocks66 wrote:

Considering Tonka had 9 skaters and still beat B'Ville I think they played a pretty good game. B'ville has only managed to receive 4 FPP's and Tonka has only lost one it must be a coincidence then that B'ville racked up a ton of penalty minutes...or it's just Toby's fault :wink:

That's exactly my point HockeyRock. Even with 9 skaters, Tonka beat BV because BV spent the night in the box. The reason they spent the night in the box was because of the love fest between the ref and the goalie. I don't know what kind of relationship they had, (related, friends, etc), but it was ugly. Yea, BV lost their FP point. Gee, I wonder why?
I'm not saying BV doesn't deserve some penalties. BV needs to learn to stay out of the box, absolutely. But, they could use some unbiased refs too to level the playing field.

HockeyRocks66

Post by HockeyRocks66 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Foilin' Up wrote:
HockeyRocks66 wrote:

That's exactly my point HockeyRock. Even with 9 skaters, Tonka beat BV because BV spent the night in the box. The reason they spent the night in the box was because of the love fest between the ref and the goalie. I don't know what kind of relationship they had, (related, friends, etc), but it was ugly. Yea, BV lost their FP point. Gee, I wonder why?
I'm not saying BV doesn't deserve some penalties. BV needs to learn to stay out of the box, absolutely. But, they could use some unbiased refs too to level the playing field.
Just a reminder Tonka is still undefeated in the league and that is all that matters. Until that changes there is nothing to talk about...the problem in that game was B'Ville mailing it in. They saw that Tonka was shorthanded and thought showing up was enough.

JGAfuture

Post by JGAfuture » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 am

of course Foilin up, blamin it on the men in stripes. real classy :lol:

Foilin' Up

Post by Foilin' Up » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:41 pm

JGAfuture wrote:of course Foilin up, blamin it on the men in stripes. real classy :lol:
If the men in stripes had acted classy to begin with, there wouldn't have been a problem.

We've all been to games where the officiating is one sided, but I have to say, most of the games I have played in were pretty even. Some games were called tighter than I would like, but at least they were the same for both teams. The Tonka/BV game I'm talking about is just one that the officials called one sided. No big deal. BV should have figured out how to deal with it, and they didn't. Tonka won. End of story.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, i'm just telling it like it is.