Tartan leaves Edina Tournment half way thorugh game

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

hockeyfan510

Tartan leaves Edina Tournment half way thorugh game

Post by hockeyfan510 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 am

I was working at the Edina tournment this weekend. The Tartan team left half way through the third place game. The coach was unhappy with the officals. How does everyone feal about leaving a game early because of officals?

mp#99

WHY

Post by mp#99 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:16 am

Too many penaltys of not enough?

hockey relic

Re: WHY

Post by hockey relic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 am

mp#99 wrote:Too many penaltys of not enough?
We will all have to get used to the new standards- the refs at my grandsons game last night didnt seems to know where to draw the line either - either too conservative or let too much go within the same game.

In the meantime, kids dont need to get hurt playing JG hockey- I would rather have the calls.

Defensive Zone

Re: Tartan leaves Edina Tournment half way thorugh game

Post by Defensive Zone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 am

hockeyfan510 wrote:I was working at the Edina tournment this weekend. The Tartan team left half way through the third place game. The coach was unhappy with the officals. How does everyone feal about leaving a game early because of officals?
What was the officals doing or not doing that made the Tartan team leave?

freighttrain

Post by freighttrain » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 pm

I recall something like this happening a few years ago (with some different team) but the team ended up coming back out because if they forfeited the coach would be suspended.

If this did happen I believe Tartans head coach will be suspended and have to go up in front of his districts board before he will be allowed back on the ice with team.

Guest1234

Post by Guest1234 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 pm

freighttrain wrote:I recall something like this happening a few years ago (with some different team) but the team ended up coming back out because if they forfeited the coach would be suspended.

If this did happen I believe Tartans head coach will be suspended and have to go up in front of his districts board before he will be allowed back on the ice with team.
Even if its in a tournament and not league play?

mp#99

Post by mp#99 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Turney or league dosn't matter

green4

Post by green4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
hockeyfan510 wrote:I was working at the Edina tournment this weekend. The Tartan team left half way through the third place game. The coach was unhappy with the officals. How does everyone feal about leaving a game early because of officals?
What was the officals doing or not doing that made the Tartan team leave?
my friend was playing on the edina team in this game and apearently after the first period both teams would have lost there fair play point if it was a league game but it was a 1-1 game when the tarten team left and the final straw for the coach was the EDINA team got a penalty and the coach was so fed up with it he called the ref over and talked to him and my friend did not know what he told the ref but they left the ice right after that talk

headsup

Post by headsup » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Any chance this was the same team/coach that left mid-game in the U16 state tournament last year?

green4

Post by green4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm

headsup wrote:Any chance this was the same team/coach that left mid-game in the U16 state tournament last year?
tarten won 5th at state last year they did not leave mid tournament, you might be thinking of woodbury who was disqualified for using a different teams goalie

TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I know a couple Tartan players and they said its because they were getting ejections when they argued calls (they had two ejections that game) then and edina player got a penalty and argued about it all the way to the box and got nothing. also all the bad calls against tartan because they were hometown refs
Thats what i heard anyway i only talked about it for like 3 minutes but everyone i talked to said there would have been a brawl if the kept playing.

I also heard Edina parents called the cops after the game because they felt threatened Tartan players/parents were going to hurt them(heard this from a Tartan player not sure if they really did call)

green4

Post by green4 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 pm

TheMNhockey1 wrote:
I also heard Edina parents called the cops after the game because they felt threatened Tartan players/parents were going to hurt them(heard this from a Tartan player not sure if they really did call)
this sounds fairly accurate "hello 911 im at my son's hockey game and the other team's players are quite big and are quite threatning looking boys not to mention the parents are giving me dirty looks, come sort this problem out by arresting them or something" :roll:

portsb1bombers

Post by portsb1bombers » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Tartan teams have been a bunch of low class hacks just like their coaches and fans.