Embarrassment at Rosemount

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Defensive Zone

Embarrassment at Rosemount

Post by Defensive Zone » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

My last tread about a game I saw against Rosemount vs. Lakeville over a month ago, I stated that I "Proceeded to observe the worst unsports like behavior that I have seen in a long time". Well the game last night again Lakeville vs. Rosemount topped everything. We all know with the new hitting rules in place, the ref's will call games a lot tighter. In last night’s game, the ref called a roughing penalty, cross checking, checking from behind, a fighting penalty, and a couple of hooks and holds. But the one penalty that was called a number of times (about a dozen) was head contact. Some were accurate, some were iffy.
While the game was being played, some Rosemount players and fans had a hard time with the way the ref was calling the game. Four Rosemont players were ejected from the game for a number of game infractions. A Rosemount parent was asked to leave the building. And the last incident was the worst of the worst. While the game was in progress, a Rosemount player took a slap shot hitting the ref in the hand. Not on purpose. The ref fell to the ice in pain, holding his hand. The Rosemont fan section stood up and cheered! Yes cheered! You cannot make this up.
I hope someone took a video of this game and sends it to the board of RHA and to District 8. A total embarrassment for Rosemount. :oops:

Foilin' Up

Post by Foilin' Up » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 am

Stay Classy Rosemount

mp#99

Post by mp#99 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 am

Get out of D8 and alot of that stuff will be elimited

freighttrain

Post by freighttrain » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:46 pm

As a coach of the Rosemount team I will just keep my mouth shut on this. But I do love the one sided view from a Lakeville parent.

Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:55 pm

freighttrain wrote:As a coach of the Rosemount team I will just keep my mouth shut on this. But I do love the one sided view from a Lakeville parent.
Yes, I was there. As a coach, I would like to hear your point of view. It sounds like you were on the beach. Please explain what happened. :lol:

Redline

Rosemount

Post by Redline » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 pm

"And the last incident was the worst of the worst. While the game was in progress, a Rosemount player took a slap shot hitting the ref in the hand. Not on purpose. The ref fell to the ice in pain, holding his hand. The Rosemount fan section stood up and cheered! Yes cheered! You cannot make this up".

Beside the cheap play, I also would like to hear your response to the above-mentioned. Great example of sportsmanship! Your team is going to learn how to play hockey the right way or get use to the sin bin!

TheSpectatorz

Post by TheSpectatorz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:47 pm

As a bystander of the game, I totally agree with Defensive Zone. What I saw was absolutely unsportsmanlike from the Rosemount Fans. When the Ref was struck by the puck, they clapped and cheered. The Ref could have severely broken his hand or wrist! That is nothing to cheer about! Also toward the end of the 2nd period, Lakeville ended up getting a 5 and a 10 for checking from behind. That was a very dangerous hit, but I did not see the Lakeville parents yelling or using profanity towards the parents. Also to add on the Rosemount adult being kicked out of the rink. The adult mouthed back to the ref saying "Why don't you come up here and make me leave." The Rosemount JGB Team, Parents, and Coaches need to get their act together in these games. It could have been an easy win for Rosemount, but the penalties destroyed them, and Lakeville took advantage of it coming up with a big win for them, 1-0.

hockeyfan918

Out of Control?

Post by hockeyfan918 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

If this game was so "out of control" doesn't the referee have the responsibility to call it?

If it was so "out of control" why were more people not kicked out, cops called, etc?

If it was so very "out of control" would either coach allow their players to go through the line at the end of the game, with no incidents?

If Rosemount is such a horrible out of control team how have they earned more fair play points than Lakeville - and four other teams in the league?

Bleed Maroon and Gold

Re: Out of Control?

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

hockeyfan918 wrote:If this game was so "out of control" doesn't the referee have the responsibility to call it?

If it was so "out of control" why were more people not kicked out, cops called, etc?

If it was so very "out of control" would either coach allow their players to go through the line at the end of the game, with no incidents?

If Rosemount is such a horrible out of control team how have they earned more fair play points than Lakeville - and four other teams in the league?
Ill answer the one question unless this is different in district 8 than it is for the rest of the metro hockey league. But the hand shake is done before the game so nothing happens in the hand shake. As for the other stuff since I wasn't at the game or seen either team play I wont respond

Redline

Post by Redline » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:02 pm

hockeyfan918 wrote:If this game was so "out of control" doesn't the referee have the responsibility to call it?

Thought a one point, police might be called!

Because most of the goons were tossed from the game!

Think you better look at the games played vs fair play points. Your are correct about Lakeville though. Difference between being hacks (Rosemount, Hastings) and just getting too many penalties!

Hope the Rosemount player who smashed his stick when he was ejected, has to buy his own! Probably, the son of the nice father who was also ejected, they belong to each other!

graybeard

Post by graybeard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I wasn't at the game, so I have nothing to say about it.

However, I've known the Rosemount coach for years and only have good things to say about him.

A Lakeville dad.

ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:

Ill answer the one question unless this is different in district 8 than it is for the rest of the metro hockey league. But the hand shake is done before the game so nothing happens in the hand shake. As for the other stuff since I wasn't at the game or seen either team play I wont respond

some teams like eagan and rave do shake hands before but most dont

green4

Post by green4 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 pm

ticklemeblink wrote:

i think your confused most teams do before the game in Junior gold maybe some do after but im pretty sure almost all teams do before, i know for sure all games in district 6 is before the game

HSRef77

Post by HSRef77 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:45 pm

green4 wrote:
ticklemeblink wrote:

i think your confused most teams do before the game in Junior gold maybe some do after but im pretty sure almost all teams do before, i know for sure all games in district 6 is before the game
I'm fairly certain that the Metro League rules state that team shall shake hands prior to the game. This has been happening for the past 8-10 years.

Also, the referee does not have the authority to call a game because it's getting too rough. The referee needs to continue to call penalties, ask teams to have fans removed (if necessary) and hope that the time runs out before anyone gets hurt.......