JGB State

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Who do you think should have won?

Edina White
67%
RAVE
33%

Total votes: 6

Greeny

JGB State

Post by Greeny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Did anyone else think Edina White deserved to beat RAVE in the semifinal game? That #17 from Edina had a monster game, scored the first 3 goals for Edina. Just seemed like the defense for Edina fell apart late in the game. Any thoughts? And also isn't RAVE basically the Apple Valley JGA team? Doesn't it seem unfair that A teams get to play at the B level?

hockeyfan510

Post by hockeyfan510 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 am

Nobody in D8 plays A except for Woodbury this year. Almost every year a District 8 team wins state. It will remain like that untill the strong district 8 teams step up and play at the level they should.

MN Moose

Post by MN Moose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Correction on the above.....Eagan had a JGA team this year and a JGB team in D8.

I do agree on the general topic. St. Thomas Academy, Lakeville, Apple Valley, all could field A teams.

IGHCoach

Post by IGHCoach » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 pm

It's funny when programs like Edina & Wayzata and this year Elk River put 2 teams in State and no one complains. But the RAVE who only had 20 kids at tryouts and they should play A!!!

aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 am

IGHCoach wrote:It's funny when programs like Edina & Wayzata and this year Elk River put 2 teams in State and no one complains. But the RAVE who only had 20 kids at tryouts and they should play A!!!
I think wayzata had 3 teams. not that it matters.

When it comes to who plays A. i think some associations are "scared" to play A in fear that they have a sub par season. Which i dont blame them.

You will have the typical "powerhouses" that have 75-100 kids trying out for jr gold and its fairly easy at that point to come up with an A team.

green4

Post by green4 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 pm

IGHCoach wrote:It's funny when programs like Edina & Wayzata and this year Elk River put 2 teams in State and no one complains. But the RAVE who only had 20 kids at tryouts and they should play A!!!
What can you complain about for Edina and Wayzata? there just good. Wayzata sent a JGA, JGB and one U16 while Edina sent JGA, 2 JGB and 1 U16. I dont know about Wayzata but edina did not have enoough for another team in junior gold and if they made 1 team at each level they would most likely win each one and im guessing the same could be said for Wayzata so i dont see what there is to complain about them besides that there good

Mr. Fruity

Post by Mr. Fruity » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

The year before, wayzata had a team in the state finals for A, B and U16. And that was with one A, two B's and two U16's. So yeah off course powerhouses like edina and wayzata will be able to send more than one team to state each yeah. Just too much talent