Best JGA team so far.

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

MHL All-Star

Best JGA team so far.

Post by MHL All-Star » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Who has the best team in the state and best player in the state?

green4

Re: Best JGA team so far.

Post by green4 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 am

MHL All-Star wrote:Who has the best team in the state and best player in the state?
Minnetonka blaine or edina.
edina has beat blaine
tonka beat edina
tonka and blaine tied
so there all in the mix for top 3 i would say. As for best player i would say #7 for edina and then the captain for tonka.. i think he was number 10 but not quite sure, he was a forward

MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

ya forsure. should be interesting to see at the wayzata tourney this weekend. Im expecting the flyers to give tonka a run for there money after playing some of there worst hockey this past couple of weeks

White Bear Nation

Post by White Bear Nation » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 pm

White Bear has a pretty solid team! They can give each of these teams a run for there money.
WBL Student Section>Your Student Section

MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

White bear lake are a bunch of thugs. By the way you gotta add the flyers in that top tier of teams. Beat Blaine 8-4 and just beat tonka 5-3.
I would say top 5 teams in the state based on ability is (in no order):
1. Tonka
2. Flyers
3. Edina
4. Blaine
5. Maple grove

SomeHotBroads

Post by SomeHotBroads » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 am

MHL All-Star wrote:White bear lake are a bunch of thugs. By the way you gotta add the flyers in that top tier of teams. Beat Blaine 8-4 and just beat tonka 5-3.
1. Tonka
2. Flyers
3. Edina
4. Blaine
5. Maple grove
White Bear Lake (1) #1 Tonka (4) (3 MTKA PP goals)
White Bear Lake (5) #2 SLP (6) (6th goal scored at the buzzer, could have gone either way but still a WBL loss)
White Bear Lake (2) #3 Edina (2) (WBL dominated the game)
White Bear Lake (7) #4 Blaine (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (6) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (5) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (3) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (5) (WBL is 2-1 against your 5 teams)

So to review, White Bear Lake lost to Tonka so they are not #1.
The Bears lost to SLP. Even though it was a buzzer beater, they are not #2
White Bear Lake tied Edina so they could be #3 or #4, but it depends on how they did against #4
White Bear Lake beat Blaine 7-3 so they are better than the #4 team but what about your #5 team?
OMG is 1-2 against White Bear Lake and has been outscored by the Bears 14-11. So the Bears are better than the #5 and the #4, pushing Blaine to #5 and OMG to #6 in your "based on ability" top 5.

Since these are your rankings, so lets take a look at YOUR #2, St. Louis Park who are so out of place on this ranking system they aren't even in the same time zone. St. Louis Park is 7-7-1. They lost to #5 OMG, non-top 5 Centennial (TWICE), Lakeville, Eden Prairie, and Wayzata. Their one major victory was beating Minnetonka, who lost to Centennial, the team who beat your #2 twice, by a score of only 2-1. Another 2-1 score? SLP and Blaine back on January 7th in which Blaine beat SLP. If beating 8-4 is big enough to "add the flyers in that top tier of teams", then why is White Bear Lake's 7-3 victory over the Bengals any less significant?

If there is any response to this from you, all I want to know is how in the heck do you put SLP in the top 5? That ranking destroyed any little credibility you had.

AND YES I UNDERSTAND THAT THE TOP 5 IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

It's still a top 5 and to say that SLP is a top 5 team in the state is laughable. Have a good day!

Post by 123456789 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 pm

SomeHotBroads wrote:
MHL All-Star wrote:White bear lake are a bunch of thugs. By the way you gotta add the flyers in that top tier of teams. Beat Blaine 8-4 and just beat tonka 5-3.
1. Tonka
2. Flyers
3. Edina
4. Blaine
5. Maple grove
White Bear Lake (1) #1 Tonka (4) (3 MTKA PP goals)
White Bear Lake (5) #2 SLP (6) (6th goal scored at the buzzer, could have gone either way but still a WBL loss)
White Bear Lake (2) #3 Edina (2) (WBL dominated the game)
White Bear Lake (7) #4 Blaine (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (6) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (5) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (3) VICTORY
White Bear Lake (3) #5 Osseo/Maple Grove (5) (WBL is 2-1 against your 5 teams)

So to review, White Bear Lake lost to Tonka so they are not #1.
The Bears lost to SLP. Even though it was a buzzer beater, they are not #2
White Bear Lake tied Edina so they could be #3 or #4, but it depends on how they did against #4
White Bear Lake beat Blaine 7-3 so they are better than the #4 team but what about your #5 team?
OMG is 1-2 against White Bear Lake and has been outscored by the Bears 14-11. So the Bears are better than the #5 and the #4, pushing Blaine to #5 and OMG to #6 in your "based on ability" top 5.

Since these are your rankings, so lets take a look at YOUR #2, St. Louis Park who are so out of place on this ranking system they aren't even in the same time zone. St. Louis Park is 7-7-1. They lost to #5 OMG, non-top 5 Centennial (TWICE), Lakeville, Eden Prairie, and Wayzata. Their one major victory was beating Minnetonka, who lost to Centennial, the team who beat your #2 twice, by a score of only 2-1. Another 2-1 score? SLP and Blaine back on January 7th in which Blaine beat SLP. If beating 8-4 is big enough to "add the flyers in that top tier of teams", then why is White Bear Lake's 7-3 victory over the Bengals any less significant?

If there is any response to this from you, all I want to know is how in the heck do you put SLP in the top 5? That ranking destroyed any little credibility you had.

AND YES I UNDERSTAND THAT THE TOP 5 IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

It's still a top 5 and to say that SLP is a top 5 team in the state is laughable. Have a good day!

k

MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Well for my statement SLP is a top 5 team in state. We won the silver division beating Blaine and WBL. Took down tonka not once but twice after today's performance by winning the Duluth tournament in a 16 team 4 pools round robin without one of out top players. We put a whooping on lakeville 7-2 this weekend also. Watched Blaine get beat by tonka who again we have beaten this year. I do agree though that those losses we had halfway through the season makes us look bad but injuries and illness are killing us right now and were. When healthy we can beat the best and to be the best you have to beat the best.
White bear lake has not ;)
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 am

MHL All-Star wrote:Well for my statement SLP is a top 5 team in state. We won the silver division beating Blaine and WBL. Took down tonka not once but twice after today's performance by winning the Duluth tournament in a 16 team 4 pools round robin without one of out top players. We put a whooping on lakeville 7-2 this weekend also. Watched Blaine get beat by tonka who again we have beaten this year. I do agree though that those losses we had halfway through the season makes us look bad but injuries and illness are killing us right now and were. When healthy we can beat the best and to be the best you have to beat the best.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Sooooo, what you're saying is you're an impartial observer here ...
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

Gordo MGR

Post by Gordo MGR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

The Flyer's record is actually 9-7-1 in League play. Which with the points system doesn't rank them top 5. But if you consider tournaments, the Flyers are 21-9-1. That's a huge difference. To say that the Flyers are not top 5 at this point is a laughable statement. The Flyers have beaten Minnetonka twice, taken down Blaine 8-4, beaten WBL with a buzzer beater, and only losing to Edina 3-2. Yeah the Flyers have had some games where they've lost/tied to lower ranked teams, but those games were flukes, and the Flyers had off nights. The big wins and tournament play that the Flyers have had this season definitely outweighs those minuscule losses/ties that have happened earlier in the season.

SomeHotBroads

Post by SomeHotBroads » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am

MHL All-Star wrote:Well for my statement SLP is a top 5 team in state. We won the silver division beating Blaine and WBL. Took down tonka not once but twice after today's performance by winning the Duluth tournament in a 16 team 4 pools round robin without one of out top players. We put a whooping on lakeville 7-2 this weekend also. Watched Blaine get beat by tonka who again we have beaten this year. I do agree though that those losses we had halfway through the season makes us look bad but injuries and illness are killing us right now and were. When healthy we can beat the best and to be the best you have to beat the best.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
First of all, props for beating Minnetonka twice. That in itself doesn't qualify "you guys" as a top-5 team, but it doesn't hurt. Congrats.

Secondly, if you think that injuries and illness should be a factor in terms of rankings, you are nuts. Every team, including White Bear Lake, has had to deal with injuries and illness this season. It's actually quite pathetic to bring that up and just shows how far in the gutter you truly are.

I am a White Bear Lake fan and I can honestly say, after watching them tie Edina twice (they just lost to the Hornets Friday), they can play and beat any team in this state. Of course they have to be healthy and at their best to beat the best, however I am not going to factor them into the top 5 at this point due to their losses to Edina and Lakeville (twice). You may also want to try this whole non-bias thing out, especially when referring to SLP in 1st person in your post.

Also, you put SLP in the top 5 BEFORE you beat Tonka(twice) and Lakeville. I am willing to concede that SLP is now in the discussion as a top 5 team, but it wasn't remotely close on January 23rd. And again, you BARELY beat White Bear Lake. February 16th will be interesting....

MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Soo is having 4 or 5 guys out pathetic? It's not like we chose this to happen. Whats wrong with me talking in first person? I can talk about my team because I play for them...I know you're mad because you lost to us but no need to make excuses for other games that you "should of won" or other minor things that blew it. I can admit that we have had games where we have not played well and just can't put the puck in the net or play defense. "barely" I believe sir is still a win.
See you on the 16th ;)

Gordo MGR

Post by Gordo MGR » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Junior Gold A

1 EDINA
2 Minnetonka
3 Osseo/Maple Grove
4 Blaine
5 St. Louis Park

Here's the rankings on Lets Play Hockey. White Bear Lake is not on there... Awkward...

Also SLP beat them again... awkward

BearTown

Post by BearTown » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

White Bear Lake 7
SLP 3

White Bear Lake advances to state......Awkward

Gordo MGR

Post by Gordo MGR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah white bear lake advances to State, good for them, this will be the highlight of their lives. After that, it's back to snowmobile rides from papa to school everyday. WBL is still a bunch of goons and they will lose first round. Too bad WBL also had lost 2 games already in Regional play but ended up getting to play again. Somehow WBL got lucky enough to lose 3 games in Regions in order to end their season... But every other team only had to lose 2. They lost to the Flyers twice this season and got lucky in the final game. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, and the Flyers had 3 of their main guys injured in the final game. Good for you WBL, good for you.

thechilidog

Post by thechilidog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

Good to see there is no bad blood between WBL and SLP... :shock:

BearTown

Post by BearTown » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but a 4 goal margin of victory doesn't happen by luck. And yeah we will enjoy those snowmobile rides...right after the state tournament is over. I hope in the meantime you enjoy them just as much as we will! Also if you call a 4 goal victory lucky then what do you call 2 last second/minute goal victories during the season? Take a lap buddy

Gordo MGR

Post by Gordo MGR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Nice to see WBL put up a good fight against the warriors in their 0-7 loss in the state tourney

BearTown

Post by BearTown » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 pm

nice to see SLP even there

Gordo MGR

Post by Gordo MGR » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:39 am

Oh, we were there :twisted: