Forum Rules & How to Report Offensive Posts

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

Forum Rules & How to Report Offensive Posts

Post by Mitch Hawker » Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:41 pm

1. No swearing. Not even with wildcards to get around automated censors.<br><br>2. No negative attacks or name calling.<br><br>3. Post to the appropriate forum. (e.g. "for sale" to Swap & Shop forum, and unsolicited site links to User Links forum. <br><br>4. Stay on the topic of the thread. Start a new thread if you want to discuss something not in the topic.<br><br>5. Admin policy is to be discussed via e-mail only, not on the board. Also note that whether/why another user was banned is nobody else's business.<br><br>TO REPORT A PROBLEM POST:<br><br>E-mail your concerns WITH A LINK to the offensive post to ushshockey@yahoo.com<br><br>Copy and paste the URL (address) while viewing the offending topic to an e-mail, then copy and paste the author name and date and time of the offensive post to the e-mail.<br><br>You may also want to cc: houndhockey@chartermi.net as Lee has administrator authority on these boards as well and whichever of us reads the e-mail first will take care of the issue.<br><br>Provide the time, date, and author of the post(s) in question<br><br>It takes a community effort to steer discussion away from negative attacks, name-calling, etc. towards constructive topics.<br><br>I don't have time to read most of the forum so it is necessary for others to notify me of board abuse.<br><br>I believe it is a worthwhile effort to keep this a positive forum for meaningful discussion. <br><br>Warning to Users: with 5700+ members registered to post on the board, I have found that the most effective way to manage misbehavior is to ban users without warning on their first offense of name calling and/or profanity.<br><br>Swearing, even when using wildcard characters to bypass the automatic censors, will not be tolerated on the board.<br><br>Lee and I have discussed it and agree that such language has no place on the board. <br><br>We reserve the right to ban anyone using offensive language of any kind on the first offense. If you need to swear, go someplace else and curse away.<br><br>This will be added to the "Instructions for Reporting Offensive Posts (Read this before posting)" post and will also be e-mailed to all members.<br><br>Bans will outnumber any possible warnings, as the number of warnings could be prohibitive if everyone were allowed a warning before being banned.<br><br>Stay on the topic of the board you are in and on the topic of the thread. Start a new topic rather than taking a current thread off-topic. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... wker>Mitch Hawker</A> at: 3/16/05 3:35 pm<br></i>

Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

Re: How to Report Offensive Posts

Post by Mitch Hawker » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:11 pm

This thread was moved here not for the timeless nature of the dialogue, but simply to keep this important information from flowing off the back end of the board. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... wker>Mitch Hawker</A> at: 1/10/06 2:17 pm<br></i>